Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10:40 - Feb 22 with 2310 views_

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:43 - Feb 22 with 1973 viewsartsbossbeard

Nothing says romantic weekend away better than Saxon playing at the Corn Exchange on Saturday night.

Amazingly, tickets are still available.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:44 - Feb 22 with 1971 viewsBluefish

Do a guided punt tour. They will give you blankets. Apart from that, not a lot to do in Cambridge.

Please don't report my post as abuse*

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

on 10:47 - Feb 22 with 1952 views_

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:44 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Do a guided punt tour. They will give you blankets. Apart from that, not a lot to do in Cambridge.

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:49 - Feb 22 with 1940 viewsPinewoodblue

Sunday lunch at Three Horse shoes in Madingley followed by a visit to nearby American Cemetery. Look for Glen Miller on the wall commemorating the missing and also a Kennedy.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:50 - Feb 22 with 1925 viewsBluefish

on 10:47 - Feb 22 by _

Apparently it doesn't even take naughty words these days

Please do not report this as abuse*

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:57 - Feb 22 with 1901 viewsipswich78

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g186225-Activities-Cambridge_Cambridge

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:59 - Feb 22 with 1892 viewsTractorWood

Have worked in Cambridge for a few years, great place with some amazing places to eat and drink. I would recommend:

- The Maypole, excellent range of beers, small but good outdoor area
- Cambridge Brew House, excellent range of beer. Especially lagers for the heat. Painfully trendy though.
- Cambridge Blue and Kinston Arms - great pubs and both Cambridge instituitions
- Pint shop, a dozen great beers and 40+ gins.
- Smokeworks. BBQ food, it's unreal. Can't book, just rock up. I can't emphasise enough how good it is. Share 'The Works' between two. There's one on Station Road too now.
- Riverbar grill. Steaks are excellent and their cocktail map will ruin your sense of direction. New York Tart is a fan favourite. They have a roof terrace at the Varsity hotel next door. Quite pricy though.
- The Punters. Nice pub in a quiet location in the Northish of Cambridge
- Cambridge chophouse and St John's chophouse - both really great quality meats and good value for what you're getting
- De Luca. Italian food near the station.
- Cafe Sicilia and Aromi. Coffee shop near the station on Regent Street. Coffee is unreal.
- Steak and Honour - amazing informal burgers
- Haymakers in Chesterton for good beer and their pizzas and calzones are amazing. Really busy on Fridays with trendy tech millennials.
- Millworks - decent for brunch
- Thai food and beer at the Wrestlers on Newmarket Road - good for lunch

As for things to do, grab an Ofo and head up the Cam on a cycle ride. Stop at the Haymakers in Chesterton.

PM if you have any specific questions.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 11:01]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Weekend in Cambridge on 11:01 - Feb 22 with 1879 viewsartsbossbeard

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:59 - Feb 22 by TractorWood

Have worked in Cambridge for a few years, great place with some amazing places to eat and drink. I would recommend:

- Cambridge Brew House, excellent range of beer. Especially lagers for the heat. Painfully trendy though.
- Smokeworks. BBQ food, it's unreal. Can't book, just rock up. I can't emphasise enough how good it is. Share 'The Works' between two. There's one on Station Road too now.
- Riverbar grill. Steaks are excellent and their cocktail map will ruin your sense of direction. New York Tart is a fan favourite. They have a roof terrace at the Varsity hotel next door. Quite pricy though.
- Cambridge chophouse and St John's chophouse - both really great quality meats and good value for what you're getting
- Cafe Sicilia and Aromi. Coffee shop near the station on Regent Street. Coffee is unreal.
- Haymakers in Chesterton for good beer and their pizzas and calzones are amazing. Really busy on Fridays with trendy tech millennials.

As for things to do, grab an Ofo and head up the Cam on a cycle ride. Stop at the Haymakers in Chesterton.

The Wrestlers is a great shout.

The food is awesome. Not been for a while but they always had a live band of a weekend too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Login to get fewer ads

Weekend in Cambridge on 11:01 - Feb 22 with 1878 viewsTIB

You never play Man On The Moon? What a venue that was back in the day with it's four square foot stage

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Weekend in Cambridge on 11:26 - Feb 22 with 1798 viewsBLUEBEAT

Weekend in Cambridge on 11:01 - Feb 22 by artsbossbeard

The Wrestlers is a great shout.

The food is awesome. Not been for a while but they always had a live band of a weekend too.

Grim location though, considering there’s plenty of decent foody pubs strung out along the Cam.

Poll: W or W

Weekend in Cambridge on 11:30 - Feb 22 with 1784 viewsartsbossbeard

Weekend in Cambridge on 11:26 - Feb 22 by BLUEBEAT

Grim location though, considering there’s plenty of decent foody pubs strung out along the Cam.

Fair point.

You could pick up some decking from the big B&Q across the road though.

Weekend in Cambridge on 12:07 - Feb 22 with 1738 viewslowhouseblue

the newly re-opened kettle's yard.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

on 12:13 - Feb 22 with 1721 views_

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:59 - Feb 22 by TractorWood

on 12:14 - Feb 22 with 1709 views_

Weekend in Cambridge on 11:01 - Feb 22 by TIB

You never play Man On The Moon? What a venue that was back in the day with it's four square foot stage

on 12:16 - Feb 22 with 1707 views_

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:57 - Feb 22 by ipswich78

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g186225-Activities-Cambridge_Cambridge

Weekend in Cambridge on 12:20 - Feb 22 with 1693 viewsmanchego

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:44 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

"not a lot to do in Cambridge"

good grief. not big on culture or history or science or knowledge then.
Weekend in Cambridge on 12:25 - Feb 22 with 1681 viewswitchdoctor

Weekend in Cambridge on 10:50 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Apparently it doesn't even take naughty words these days

Please do not report this as abuse*

Blub...😢
Weekend in Cambridge on 12:28 - Feb 22 with 1672 viewsBluefish

Weekend in Cambridge on 12:25 - Feb 22 by witchdoctor

Blub...😢

Ah my stalker, good to see you

Please do not report my post as abuse*

Weekend in Cambridge on 13:43 - Feb 22 with 1584 viewsBurwell_Blue

Weekend in Cambridge on 12:20 - Feb 22 by manchego

"not a lot to do in Cambridge"

good grief. not big on culture or history or science or knowledge then.

Yawn. Cambridge is a toilet.
on 13:44 - Feb 22 with 1571 views_

Weekend in Cambridge on 13:43 - Feb 22 by Burwell_Blue

Yawn. Cambridge is a toilet.

Weekend in Cambridge on 13:46 - Feb 22 with 1560 viewsBurwell_Blue

on 13:44 - Feb 22 by _

I will give you that I guess.

Maybe I am a bit harsh on Cambridge, it does have enough to keep you entertained for a weekend, however if you live there you do tend to get frustrated as there is so little to do.
on 13:47 - Feb 22 with 1550 views_

Weekend in Cambridge on 13:46 - Feb 22 by Burwell_Blue

I will give you that I guess.

Maybe I am a bit harsh on Cambridge, it does have enough to keep you entertained for a weekend, however if you live there you do tend to get frustrated as there is so little to do.

Weekend in Cambridge on 13:50 - Feb 22 with 1535 viewsartsbossbeard

on 13:47 - Feb 22 by _

Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Cambridge hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeasts swinging majestically...

on 13:58 - Feb 22 with 1517 views_

Weekend in Cambridge on 13:50 - Feb 22 by artsbossbeard

Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Cambridge hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeasts swinging majestically...

Weekend in Cambridge on 13:59 - Feb 22 with 1510 viewsartsbossbeard

on 13:58 - Feb 22 by _

Fawlty Towers sketch with the deaf old lady.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024