Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could own a gun*, would you? 08:49 - Feb 22 with 1505 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm not 100% sure I could be trusted with such a device. I spent the other night trying to knock an unopened can of coke off the coffee table with some rubber bands and my neighbours trees are encroaching onto my garden currently, so there's an argument brewing.

It's a no from me.

*I know I can legally get one if I belong to a gun club, properly lock it down and report that I have a weapon to the local plod, yes.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 08:54 - Feb 22 with 1475 viewshype313

Nope, have no need whatsoever or interest.

In fact everytime I get invited to some clay pigeon shooting event, I always swerve it and meet them in the pub when they have finished.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 08:54 - Feb 22 with 1474 viewsBenters2

Yes i would and i would shoot my neighbour in the bottom.

As for the trees cut backto your boundary line and give them the branches back,otherwise they can do you innit.
on 08:57 - Feb 22 with 1455 views_

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 09:07 - Feb 22 with 1437 viewsStokieBlue

It's just a strange thing to want to own in my opinion.

It's hardly a multi-purpose, flexible tool.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 09:08 - Feb 22 with 1430 viewsartsbossbeard

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 09:07 - Feb 22 by StokieBlue

SB

A-HA!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 09:11 - Feb 22 with 1417 viewsMullet

If I had time to hunt and could do so over here to get my own game, venison etc. then sure. A few of my family have had them and not once did I get to go near them as a kid unless my uncle, granddad and about 4 supporting adults were around.

I think it's the culture that makes availability and the fetishized idea of guns = freedom that we don't have that's so important.

For me, if you want one you should be smart enough to respect the tightest regulations. If you don't, no guns for you son.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 09:14 - Feb 22 with 1397 viewschicoazul

If I lived in say LA and was surrounded by armed maniacs then bet your last dollar I would.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 09:15 - Feb 22 with 1397 viewshoppy

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 08:54 - Feb 22 by Benters2

Yes i would and i would shoot my neighbour in the bottom.

As for the trees cut backto your boundary line and give them the branches back,otherwise they can do you innit.

That's as maybe... but what is your opinion about the gun?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 09:17 - Feb 22 with 1379 viewschicoazul

SB

#accidentalpartridge

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 09:20 - Feb 22 with 1352 viewsbrazil1982

I've shot various guns at targets (in the UK before they were banned, and in other countries) and it's a great "sport".

Wouldn't want one at home though.
If you could own a gun*, would you? on 10:02 - Feb 22 with 1297 viewsBlueBadger

I'm quite comfortable with the size of my genitals, so no.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 10:16 - Feb 22 with 1269 viewsTJS

The ability to kill someone else or yourself at the push of a button - no thanks.
If you could own a gun*, would you? on 10:21 - Feb 22 with 1260 viewsRyorry

SB

Funnily enough, I sold my .22 spring-loading air rifle with telescopic sight only last week, as there isn't the plague of rabbits munching all my home grown veggies here at our new house that there was at the old place.

Some would say I should have kept it to deter next door's 2 cats from using our garden as a large litter tray though ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 10:32 - Feb 22 with 1231 viewsGeoffSentence

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 10:21 - Feb 22 by Ryorry

Funnily enough, I sold my .22 spring-loading air rifle with telescopic sight only last week, as there isn't the plague of rabbits munching all my home grown veggies here at our new house that there was at the old place.

Some would say I should have kept it to deter next door's 2 cats from using our garden as a large litter tray though ...

Rabbits have been dying off round here, haemorraging disease has killed most of them. Over the last couple of years I have seen more hares than rabbits.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 12:01 - Feb 22 with 1145 viewsRyorry

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 10:32 - Feb 22 by GeoffSentence

Rabbits have been dying off round here, haemorraging disease has killed most of them. Over the last couple of years I have seen more hares than rabbits.

You mean Myxomatosis? Was always cyclical at old house (which was only a few miles away). One year there'd be a plague of rabbits, the following year myxy would hit & numbers plummet, following year there'd be a plague again etc.

Just very few on permanent basis at new place (which isn't to say it's dissimilar to your manor).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you could own a gun*, would you? on 12:07 - Feb 22 with 1128 viewsBloomBlue

I already own one
If you could own a gun*, would you? on 13:46 - Feb 22 with 1047 viewstampa_bay

I could, and no.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024