Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) 11:15 - Jul 11 with 4306 viewsITFC_Forever

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 11:17 - Jul 11 with 3422 viewsSteve_M

Balls.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 11:21 - Jul 11 with 3400 viewschicoazul

Haha noooooo

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 11:27 - Jul 11 with 3374 viewsfooters

Great news. With the BBC you don't get to keep up with all the latest in-play odds from your favourite bookmaker.

Gamble responsibly.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 12:03 - Jul 11 with 3276 viewsRyorry

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/england-kit-colour-croatia-white-re

"After the curse of ITV was quashed with that epic penalty shootout win over Colombia, perhaps England can right their recent wrongs in an all-white kit."

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 12:09 - Jul 11 with 3249 viewsITFC_Forever

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 12:03 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/england-kit-colour-croatia-white-re

"After the curse of ITV was quashed with that epic penalty shootout win over Colombia, perhaps England can right their recent wrongs in an all-white kit."

ITV have committed far too many crimes against English football for one penalty shoot-out win to allow me to forgive and forget....

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 12:14 - Jul 11 with 3232 viewsRyorry

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 12:09 - Jul 11 by ITFC_Forever

ITV have committed far too many crimes against English football for one penalty shoot-out win to allow me to forgive and forget....

Simples - comm on R5l & pics on ITV!

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 12:19 - Jul 11 with 3211 viewsWeWereZombies

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 11:27 - Jul 11 by footers

Great news. With the BBC you don't get to keep up with all the latest in-play odds from your favourite bookmaker.

Gamble responsibly.

i.e., don't ever gamble

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 12:30 - Jul 11 with 3180 viewsRyorry

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 12:19 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

i.e., don't ever gamble

I've been gambling responsibly (usual stake £0.50p e/w!, average weekly outlay about a tenner, average profit/loss about break even) for the last 14 years, but thanks for your concern!

I hope you don't invest on the stock market btw, or have a pension fund which relies on it!

Login to get fewer ads

on 13:19 - Jul 11 with 3077 views_

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 12:30 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

I've been gambling responsibly (usual stake £0.50p e/w!, average weekly outlay about a tenner, average profit/loss about break even) for the last 14 years, but thanks for your concern!

I hope you don't invest on the stock market btw, or have a pension fund which relies on it!

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 13:20 - Jul 11 with 3069 viewsITFC_Forever

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 12:14 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

Simples - comm on R5l & pics on ITV!

Not sure that’ll work in the Fanzone.

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 17:42 - Jul 11 with 2924 viewsWeWereZombies

I do invest, putting money into a company with the intention of creating jobs, maintaining those employed, furthering Britain's export capabilities, funding research and development as well as providing goods and services beneficial to consumers and other organisations is worth a bit of risk and reward.

Wasting money that should be either invested or used for the benefit of yourself, those nearest and dearest to you or those in desperate need is immoral. Although there are other, better ways, in which I sometimes like to get up to no good...

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 17:55 - Jul 11 with 2905 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 13:19 - Jul 11 by _

I meant to up vote that becuase I thought it was funny. Sorry Libbers. Force of habit

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 18:08 - Jul 11 with 2885 viewsMelford

Prefer BBC because Lineker is class. Would have liked his insight on tonight as he's been there and done it. Why is that pr!ck Keane there? Taking the World Cup shilling when his only notable thing he's done in it is flounce home and ***k his country in the process.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 18:27 - Jul 11 with 2863 viewsjaseitfc

Yeah because we've never ever lost a game on BBC.. ..
We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 18:33 - Jul 11 with 2850 viewsRyorry

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 17:42 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

I do invest, putting money into a company with the intention of creating jobs, maintaining those employed, furthering Britain's export capabilities, funding research and development as well as providing goods and services beneficial to consumers and other organisations is worth a bit of risk and reward.

Wasting money that should be either invested or used for the benefit of yourself, those nearest and dearest to you or those in desperate need is immoral. Although there are other, better ways, in which I sometimes like to get up to no good...

You cannot deny that "investing" in the stock market is just another form of gambling, therefore suggest you climb down off your supposedly "moral" high horse!

And the tenner a week that I "spend" (but always get back over the year) is no one's but my own "spare" - I'd probably spend it on beer, if I could still drink beer, but I can't, so
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 18:44]

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 18:37 - Jul 11 with 2839 viewsOldsmoker

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 18:08 - Jul 11 by Melford

Prefer BBC because Lineker is class. Would have liked his insight on tonight as he's been there and done it. Why is that pr!ck Keane there? Taking the World Cup shilling when his only notable thing he's done in it is flounce home and ***k his country in the process.

The 2 ex-manure players have nothing to say that I want to hear.
I like the ex-arses Wrighty and Lee Dixon but they are all just talking heads killing time.
The TV's on mute and I'm listening to whatever next door is blasting out the top bedroom window. I can hear the bass but not much else.
Waiting for the ref to blow the whistle.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 18:40 - Jul 11 with 2831 viewsRyorry

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 17:55 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

I meant to up vote that becuase I thought it was funny. Sorry Libbers. Force of habit

Not funny when "gambling" is attacked for always being 100% immoral, bad, addictive etc etc for the 31,056th time on here, and someone is stupid enough (me apparently) to politely reply that no, it is actually possible to gamble responsibly. How about someone wagging a finger at illegal drug-taking or drinking to excess being irresponsible - wonder what the reaction on here to that might be?

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 18:44 - Jul 11 with 2814 viewsGlasgowBlue

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 18:40 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

Not funny when "gambling" is attacked for always being 100% immoral, bad, addictive etc etc for the 31,056th time on here, and someone is stupid enough (me apparently) to politely reply that no, it is actually possible to gamble responsibly. How about someone wagging a finger at illegal drug-taking or drinking to excess being irresponsible - wonder what the reaction on here to that might be?

I thought libby’s Sarcasm was funny. Not the subject.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 22:16 - Jul 11 with 2760 viewsITFC_Forever

Told you.

Don’t care about the quality (lack of it), they’re a fecking jinx.

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 22:35 - Jul 11 with 2740 viewsRyorry

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 22:16 - Jul 11 by ITFC_Forever

Told you.

Don’t care about the quality (lack of it), they’re a fecking jinx.

Tis the all-white strip innit.

Why on earth we couldn't have played in red when Croatia were in dark navy is anyone's guess - some bureaucratic Fifa nonsensical diktat probably.

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 22:51 - Jul 11 with 2722 viewsWeWereZombies

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 18:33 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

You cannot deny that "investing" in the stock market is just another form of gambling, therefore suggest you climb down off your supposedly "moral" high horse!

And the tenner a week that I "spend" (but always get back over the year) is no one's but my own "spare" - I'd probably spend it on beer, if I could still drink beer, but I can't, so
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 18:44]

But I've just explained the usefulness of investment and how it differs from gambling, blimey I knew it damaged yer pocket but I didn't realise it addled yer brain as well.

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 23:01 - Jul 11 with 2714 viewsRyorry

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 22:51 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

But I've just explained the usefulness of investment and how it differs from gambling, blimey I knew it damaged yer pocket but I didn't realise it addled yer brain as well.

So astonished at how out of character from your usual sensible self you are in this thread, I shall leave you to your own devices!

PS Please PM me details of where I can "invest" without any risk that "shares can go down as well as up", would be eternally grateful & onto it like a shot, cheers :)

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 23:11 - Jul 11 with 2696 viewsWeWereZombies

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 23:01 - Jul 11 by Ryorry

So astonished at how out of character from your usual sensible self you are in this thread, I shall leave you to your own devices!

PS Please PM me details of where I can "invest" without any risk that "shares can go down as well as up", would be eternally grateful & onto it like a shot, cheers :)

Sorry, I've had a couple of pints. And I'm slightly deflated by the result. But bonds and cash ISAs will give you a value that appears to go up and never down, mind you inflation may drag them down in real terms but that is the risk you take by playing it safe.

A coda to this, the radio critic Gillian Reynolds was on Desert Island Discs a few weeks ago and recounted how she gave up a husband who gambled for one who drank...and beat her! Her kids from the first marriage asked why on Earth she stayed with him and she said 'Well, at least you know where you stand with a drunk'. Resonated a bit with me, that.

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 00:07 - Jul 12 with 2666 viewsBrixtonBlue

You have around 20 bets a week? Sounds rather a lot to me (albeit the sums aren't).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 00:10 - Jul 12 with 2662 viewsRyorry

We're doomed - it's on ITV. (n/t) on 00:07 - Jul 12 by BrixtonBlue

You have around 20 bets a week? Sounds rather a lot to me (albeit the sums aren't).

8 & a scoop 6 stake.

Stick to things you know something about perhaps.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024