Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn turns down Boro 13:20 - Aug 6 with 2708 viewsBluedanW

Sky sports reporting that Waghorn is at Derby for a medical after turning down Boro.
Could this be why we are accepting £2M less than we wanted? Maybe Boro offered more like the fee we wanted but Waghorn snubbed Middlesbrough. Left us having to take the lower Derby offer due to how close we are to the end of the transfer window. Especially as Hurst has his targets. I hope we sign Jackson now or it seems silly to be pressured into selling with no replacement. Once bitten with Daryl Murphy exit, I'd like to think we'd learnt our lesson.
Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:22 - Aug 6 with 2656 viewskizaitfc

I thought Waghorn was very keen on moving back up north, therefore I'd assume Derby are offering a far better contract in terms of years and salary then Boro were.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:22 - Aug 6 with 2651 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Doubt it.

Sounds like the offers where at a similar level.

Didnt sound as though Boro had matched our valuation either.

Anyway, it is £5m, potentially £7-8m.

Onwards and upwards.

Thanks Waggy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:24 - Aug 6 with 2596 viewsDanFord

A bit of a odd one really. As someone said Derby have Nugent, Marriott, Jofazoon, Mount, Wilson, Bennett, Martin and about five others! He may fancy his chances of getting in ahead of them all, but it's still a hell of a lot of competition.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:28 - Aug 6 with 2551 viewsitfcjoe

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:22 - Aug 6 by kizaitfc

I thought Waghorn was very keen on moving back up north, therefore I'd assume Derby are offering a far better contract in terms of years and salary then Boro were.

I'd heard Waggy didn't want to play under Pulis and was much more excited by prospect of Lampard at Derby.

Contracts on offer were much the same

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:29 - Aug 6 with 2519 viewsBluedanW

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:22 - Aug 6 by kizaitfc

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder has issued an update the Blades’ pursuit of Martyn Waghorn and the reported interest in their defender Jack O’Connell.

On Waghorn…

“He’s a player that interests us but we’ve been blown out of the water in terms of the wages that the club he’s going to have offered. We can’t break our wage structure and we couldn’t go to the fee Ipswich wanted.”

Obviously the Wages were higher at Derby! How they don't go bankrupt i don't know!
Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:30 - Aug 6 with 2493 viewsBluefish

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:28 - Aug 6 by itfcjoe

I'd heard Waggy didn't want to play under Pulis and was much more excited by prospect of Lampard at Derby.

Reports here say then derby offer gave Ipswich much better add ods. Realistic 2.5 million to be had.

I wonder what they are? Hopefully appearance related or linked to play offs not promotion

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:31 - Aug 6 with 2467 viewsCambonbleu

But, you'd assume, much more than his current wages. I'd really like to know if ME approached him about a new deal and wether the response was a) ME couldn't match it or b) Waggy was dead set on going to Derby to play under Lampard whatever happened

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:34 - Aug 6 with 2398 viewsitfcjoe

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:31 - Aug 6 by Cambonbleu

But, you'd assume, much more than his current wages. I'd really like to know if ME approached him about a new deal and wether the response was a) ME couldn't match it or b) Waggy was dead set on going to Derby to play under Lampard whatever happened

We couldn't get near what those sides are offering - our wage structures are miles apart - and also they are much more likely to go up so it's a very attractive move for Waghorn

Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:50 - Aug 6 with 2245 viewsOsborneOneNil

I can totally get that.
Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:52 - Aug 6 with 2210 viewschicoazul

It will be because Derby are going to pay him more.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:53 - Aug 6 with 2186 viewshype313

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:34 - Aug 6 by itfcjoe

We couldn't get near what those sides are offering - our wage structures are miles apart - and also they are much more likely to go up so it's a very attractive move for Waghorn

Let's say Derby do go up, can you really see Lampard having him spearhead the attack in the PL? I can't, Waghorn won't care though as he's probably on £30-40k a week regardless.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:59 - Aug 6 with 2091 viewsJimmyJazz

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:24 - Aug 6 by DanFord

A bit of a odd one really. As someone said Derby have Nugent, Marriott, Jofazoon, Mount, Wilson, Bennett, Martin and about five others! He may fancy his chances of getting in ahead of them all, but it's still a hell of a lot of competition.

Watched the Reading v Derby game - looked like they were crying out for a Waghorn type forward

Vydra, Martin, Jerome all seemingly out of the picture

Nugent looked isolated and not up to the task, Marriott not even in the squad

Jofazoon, Mount and Wilson and more midfielders

When Nugent went off they turned to Mason Bennett who did well, but that showed where they currently are striker wise

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Waghorn turns down Boro on 14:03 - Aug 6 with 2058 viewsWickets

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:30 - Aug 6 by Bluefish

Reports here say then derby offer gave Ipswich much better add ods. Realistic 2.5 million to be had.

I wonder what they are? Hopefully appearance related or linked to play offs not promotion

I have said much the same on another thread regards add-ons , i'm hopefull Phil might be able to enlighten us in due course?
Waghorn turns down Boro on 14:11 - Aug 6 with 1974 viewsblaggers

Exactly what I heard.

Poll: What happens next?

Waghorn turns down Boro on 14:19 - Aug 6 with 1900 viewsArcher4721

He was very excited when Lampard was touted for ITFC job
Waghorn turns down Boro on 14:35 - Aug 6 with 1826 viewsitfcjoe

Waghorn turns down Boro on 13:53 - Aug 6 by hype313

Let's say Derby do go up, can you really see Lampard having him spearhead the attack in the PL? I can't, Waghorn won't care though as he's probably on £30-40k a week regardless.

I suppose it doesn't matter at that point - he's on the money, with probably a big increase when they go up and it can't be taken away.

Same as Murphy when he went to Newcastle, he doubles his money on a 3 year deal as opposed to a 2 year one - so his next club have to take that into account when buying him or current pay him up if they don't want him.

It's like getting promoted at work up a grade or two - it doesn't matter how sh*t you are because you get a better CV and just get moved sideways at worst

Waghorn turns down Boro on 16:32 - Aug 6 with 1658 viewsNo9

Pretty easy choice one would have thought?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024