Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People excited about the derby again? 18:33 - Aug 24 with 2312 viewsBobbychase

Crowds and atmosphere have been a bit uninspiring against Norwich in the last few seasons, wonder if we're heading towards a 'proper' crowd next week.I know a fair few people returning for this one.

Prior to the recent malaise (and since Portman Road was redeveloped)...

2011 v Norwich - att 29,258
2009 v Norwich - 28,274
2008 v Norwich - 29,656
2006 v Norwich - 27,276 (biggest home crowd that season was v Colchester tho - 28,385)
2005 v Norwich - 29,184
2003 v Norwich - 30,152
2002 v Norwich - 29,112

Average derby attendance at Portman Road over these seasons - 29,026. Can't remember if they were all on Sky though. Our average attendance was much higher than it is now of course.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 18:36]

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

People excited about the derby again? on 18:34 - Aug 24 with 2291 viewsSpruceMoose

Not really. We will most likely get stomped again.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

People excited about the derby again? on 18:40 - Aug 24 with 2268 viewsKieran_Knows

People excited about the derby again? on 18:34 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

That’s the spirit.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

People excited about the derby again? on 18:41 - Aug 24 with 2262 viewsSpruceMoose

People excited about the derby again? on 18:40 - Aug 24 by Kieran_Knows

That’s the spirit.

I've resigned myself to going to the grave without ever seeing us tonk them again. We could go up as champions and we would still conspire to somehow lose home and away to those chumps.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

People excited about the derby again? on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 2253 viewsIllinoisblue

it sorta kinda somewhat feels like we'll have a chance of beating them so hopefully that will play out. We should have beaten them home and away last year but at home missed five good chances, and away had an unforgivable mental breakdown in the last seconds of the game.

The drop off in our crowds in just a decade is quite something. say what you like about Derby, they pull in over 25k every home game and have done for some time.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

People excited about the derby again? on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 2245 viewsBobbychase

People excited about the derby again? on 18:41 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

I've resigned myself to going to the grave without ever seeing us tonk them again. We could go up as champions and we would still conspire to somehow lose home and away to those chumps.

I've just got a feeling about this time. Everything I've read about their matches so far says they are a ponderous team with not much pace. For the first time in years they might come to our place vulnerable

People excited about the derby again? on 18:44 - Aug 24 with 2240 viewstextbackup

reckon it'll be 25k

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

People excited about the derby again? on 18:47 - Aug 24 with 2230 viewsBobbychase

People excited about the derby again? on 18:43 - Aug 24 by Illinoisblue

it sorta kinda somewhat feels like we'll have a chance of beating them so hopefully that will play out. We should have beaten them home and away last year but at home missed five good chances, and away had an unforgivable mental breakdown in the last seconds of the game.

The drop off in our crowds in just a decade is quite something. say what you like about Derby, they pull in over 25k every home game and have done for some time.

Yeah! People rightly annoyed about losing a 1-0 lead in injury time at Carrow Road but I thought we should have beaten them at home too, they were bang average that day but we ran out of ideas after they scored.

Derby have been through the same painful process of relegation and Championship exile (bar that one season where they went back up and got battered every week) but impressed with their crowds, which has no doubt helped in their transfer kitty. Can't ever recall them sailing close to the wind on FFP.

People excited about the derby again? on 18:47 - Aug 24 with 2226 viewsIllinoisblue

People excited about the derby again? on 18:43 - Aug 24 by Bobbychase

I've just got a feeling about this time. Everything I've read about their matches so far says they are a ponderous team with not much pace. For the first time in years they might come to our place vulnerable

that Hernandez looks pretty useful though. It's sad that defeat to them has become almost expected. if we balls up it tomorrow, it would be a very good thing for Hurst to beat Norwich. Captain Obvious, I know, but if the winless run stretches into October, say, (or worse) it's going to be a long old season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

People excited about the derby again? on 18:50 - Aug 24 with 2207 viewsBobbychase

People excited about the derby again? on 18:47 - Aug 24 by Illinoisblue

that Hernandez looks pretty useful though. It's sad that defeat to them has become almost expected. if we balls up it tomorrow, it would be a very good thing for Hurst to beat Norwich. Captain Obvious, I know, but if the winless run stretches into October, say, (or worse) it's going to be a long old season.

Its almost a generational thing. Between 2005 and when they went back up we largely had the upper hand. But if you started going to games since 2010 you've never seen us beat them in the flesh.

Still, in their best ever season (1992-93) we doubled them.

People excited about the derby again? on 19:57 - Aug 24 with 2054 viewsWonky

Need a win tomorrow though, bottom three not good for getting a buzz around.
People excited about the derby again? on 20:02 - Aug 24 with 2038 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

People excited about the derby again? on 18:34 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

What were you saying about moaning and griping.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

People excited about the derby again? on 20:03 - Aug 24 with 2038 viewsJ2BLUE

A win tomorrow and a couple of goals, especially for the strikers, would do us the world of good.

I hope we don't go into the derby looking for our first win. Ideally tomorrow Leeds will beat them and we'll win too.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People excited about the derby again? on 10:52 - Aug 25 with 1712 viewsBenno1960

People excited about the derby again? on 20:03 - Aug 24 by J2BLUE

A win tomorrow and a couple of goals, especially for the strikers, would do us the world of good.

I hope we don't go into the derby looking for our first win. Ideally tomorrow Leeds will beat them and we'll win too.

"strikers" ?
People excited about the derby again? on 11:23 - Aug 25 with 1642 viewspointofblue

I’m dreading it - if we get a good win today and Norwich get trounced then maybe some confidence will return but the biggest issue is they can score goals whereas we can’t.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

People excited about the derby again? on 11:29 - Aug 25 with 1631 viewsGavTWTD

I wish we had a win under our belts as I fear it may be a month too soon.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

People excited about the derby again? on 11:37 - Aug 25 with 1611 viewsElephantintheRoom

People excited about the derby again? on 11:29 - Aug 25 by GavTWTD

I wish we had a win under our belts as I fear it may be a month too soon.

Surely given the sheer ineptitude of both teams this is possibly the most uninspiring derby ever? ludicrous kick off time will stop many people going too. Including me.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

People excited about the derby again? on 14:36 - Aug 25 with 1492 viewsnoggin

People excited about the derby again? on 11:37 - Aug 25 by ElephantintheRoom

Surely given the sheer ineptitude of both teams this is possibly the most uninspiring derby ever? ludicrous kick off time will stop many people going too. Including me.

Not to mention rail disruption from London

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024