Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... 12:10 - Aug 26 with 4175 viewsCurrie10

On loan, with a view to a permanent...

And we tighten up set pieces....

These five games could have had far happier outcomes.

Really would serve us right for being tight.
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 12:21 - Aug 26 with 4125 viewschristiand

Although Blackpool could've been playing hardball themselves with this Tilt transfer, if it is for the sake of an additional 200K then in the grand scheme of things: 'Why, oh why could this not have been completed prior to the transfer window closing?' We seem the only football league club that consistently gets shafted for their own players or those we want to sign. Something is not right there!!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 12:25]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 12:33 - Aug 26 with 4061 viewsJ2BLUE

If anyone seriously thinks losing Nsiala for three games is going to make Evans significantly up the bid I wonder what planet they are on.

If Blackpool try and increase the fee now the deal will likely collapse based on past experience. We don't pay over the odds.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 12:36 - Aug 26 with 4046 viewschristiand

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 12:33 - Aug 26 by J2BLUE

If anyone seriously thinks losing Nsiala for three games is going to make Evans significantly up the bid I wonder what planet they are on.

If Blackpool try and increase the fee now the deal will likely collapse based on past experience. We don't pay over the odds.

We don't even pay to the odds!!

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 12:54 - Aug 26 with 3985 viewsColin_Viljoen

When you target a player, you have in-mind what you are prepared to pay for that player. If the selling club up's the price beyond what you think iis reasonable, then you withdraw & allow things to develop. You don't just through money at the problem! I don't blame Evans for not paying over what no doubt he & the managed have agreed regarding price.
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 13:05 - Aug 26 with 3937 viewstractorboy1978

The issue has apparently been Blackpool moving the goalposts.
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 13:07 - Aug 26 with 3928 viewsElderGrizzly

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 12:54 - Aug 26 by Colin_Viljoen

When you target a player, you have in-mind what you are prepared to pay for that player. If the selling club up's the price beyond what you think iis reasonable, then you withdraw & allow things to develop. You don't just through money at the problem! I don't blame Evans for not paying over what no doubt he & the managed have agreed regarding price.

Indeed. The problems seen at Villa, Sheff Wed, QPR are what happens when you pay over the odds.
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 13:08 - Aug 26 with 3928 viewsFixed_It

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 12:21 - Aug 26 by christiand

Although Blackpool could've been playing hardball themselves with this Tilt transfer, if it is for the sake of an additional 200K then in the grand scheme of things: 'Why, oh why could this not have been completed prior to the transfer window closing?' We seem the only football league club that consistently gets shafted for their own players or those we want to sign. Something is not right there!!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 12:25]

No. We just notice it when it is Ipswich.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:15 - Aug 26 with 3788 viewschristiand

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 12:54 - Aug 26 by Colin_Viljoen

But now the club feel Tilt is worth that asking price or near to it, why what’s he done in the last couple of weeks to justify that? Here’s a suggestion ME, why not offer something more reasonable in the first place - if you were always going to pursue that player - instead of making derisory offers we know Blackpool won’t accept? Perhaps then this deal would’ve been completed weeks ago instead of the mess it has turned into.

Login to get fewer ads

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:36 - Aug 26 with 3743 viewsFixed_It

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:15 - Aug 26 by christiand

But now the club feel Tilt is worth that asking price or near to it, why what’s he done in the last couple of weeks to justify that? Here’s a suggestion ME, why not offer something more reasonable in the first place - if you were always going to pursue that player - instead of making derisory offers we know Blackpool won’t accept? Perhaps then this deal would’ve been completed weeks ago instead of the mess it has turned into.

You do realise that the Oystens are basketcases, don't you? What is derisory to them isn't necessarily derisory to anybody else...

Ready! Steady! Cook!

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:41 - Aug 26 with 3729 viewsfooters

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:36 - Aug 26 by Fixed_It

You do realise that the Oystens are basketcases, don't you? What is derisory to them isn't necessarily derisory to anybody else...

They're so nuts they sacked a manager over Tilt and will still lose him in the same window! And we think we've got problems here...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:41 - Aug 26 with 3732 viewschristiand

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:36 - Aug 26 by Fixed_It

That maybe the case, but don’t offer £500,000, £550,000 and then £750,000. When ultimately you’re prepared to pay £800,000+ for the player. The way this deal has been handled by us, you could argue ME is the basket-case!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 15:04]

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:45 - Aug 26 with 3712 viewsbluefunk

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:41 - Aug 26 by christiand

That maybe the case, but don’t offer £500,000, £550,000 and then £750,000. When ultimately you’re prepared to pay £800,000+ for the player. The way this deal has been handled by us, you could argue ME is the basket-case!

What is it that makes you think our valuation has changed? It could just as easily be Oyston who is now prepared to do business at the level of our offer? Maybe because a bidding war didn’t happen?
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:53 - Aug 26 with 3684 viewsFixed_It

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:41 - Aug 26 by christiand

Totally mad for not just throwing his money about indiscriminately.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:55 - Aug 26 with 3667 viewschristiand

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 14:53 - Aug 26 by Fixed_It

Totally mad for not just throwing his money about indiscriminately.

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 15:05 - Aug 26 with 3616 viewsmoscow2000

Totally agree
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 15:38 - Aug 26 with 3549 viewsbraveblue

And that is why we are where we are. People happy with not paying market rates.
His price had always been £1m. Evans would not pay it. Now he will and looks foolish. It was £200k out of the £5m profit he made on players and he could have been with us weeks ago.
Evans cannot even negotiate well - how on earth has he made a successful business?
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 15:54 - Aug 26 with 3505 viewsjeera

Is the information on this even correct or are we guessing and surmising?

Were there other potential deals/bids going on at the same time for other players elsewhere?

Is there any chance whatsoever, any, that we are not privy to all the ins and outs of the situation chasing that deal?

I don't know myself. I'm just asking.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 18:06 - Aug 26 with 3371 viewsCurrie10

Alright lets go with that attitude and have 5-7 points less on the board than we currently have.

It's 200k FFS. It's hardly breaking the bank. He's sold good players for good sums.

I don't want to spend £800k - £2 mill over but for the sake of 10 weeks of Dids previous wages, which when injured were going down the toilet - it's somewhat pathetic.

That said - on this forum you aren't allowed to say anything against Hurst or Evans.
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 09:59 - Aug 27 with 3209 viewsstrikalite

I would say in today's market if Tilt is someone we rate highly enough then around £1m mark is about right, at times you have to meet the asking price if you want the player badly enough, we try to save £200k on every player it seems, sometimes you have to pay the money or risk losing him.
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 10:17 - Aug 27 with 3193 viewschristiand

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 09:59 - Aug 27 by strikalite

I would say in today's market if Tilt is someone we rate highly enough then around £1m mark is about right, at times you have to meet the asking price if you want the player badly enough, we try to save £200k on every player it seems, sometimes you have to pay the money or risk losing him.

And that's my point strikealite. It will look embarrassing we sign Tilt for £800,000+. Why make offers as low as £500,000 and £550,000 - all those weeks ago- if the intention was always to pursue him? Just ME at his penny pinching best!!

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 10:28 - Aug 27 with 3178 viewshampstead_blue

What if....and this is a big 'what if'.....What if it was YOUR MONEY? From your pocket. Your back account. Your savings.

Would you?
Last time I looked £200k was a lot, a lot, a lot of money.

If I had a spare £200k I'd get Corbyn, all his far left mates, terrorist chums et all....Round them up, put them in a field and BOMB the barstuards........(just like Kenny Everett would say.)

Just sayin.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 10:37 - Aug 27 with 3163 viewschristiand

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 10:28 - Aug 27 by hampstead_blue

What if....and this is a big 'what if'.....What if it was YOUR MONEY? From your pocket. Your back account. Your savings.

Would you?

If I had a spare £200k I'd get Corbyn, all his far left mates, terrorist chums et all....Round them up, put them in a field and BOMB the barstuards........(just like Kenny Everett would say.)

Just sayin.

200K in today's transfer market is chump change! If ME is quibbling over that amount then he really needs to relinquish being a football club owner in the professional game.

Just saying.

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 10:44 - Aug 27 with 3151 viewseireblue

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 13:05 - Aug 26 by tractorboy1978

The issue has apparently been Blackpool moving the goalposts.

Apparently that is one of the things that Tilt is very good at, and will help us defend set pieces.

It only looks like he is guarding the far post, when in fact he is .....
If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 08:37 - Aug 28 with 3043 viewsBinner

If tilt does sign for say 200k more than we were prepared to pay... on 10:28 - Aug 27 by hampstead_blue

Would you?

Just sayin.

You make a reasonable point and people may agree or otherwise. Then add a completely irrelevant comment which would embarrassing most 12-year-olds for its crassness.

Pathetic and cretinous.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024