Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? 20:13 - Aug 31 with 3938 viewsitfcjoe

My DD must have been too low, so it went up by over 50%, and now at end of my tarriff because still a big debit it's now going up by more than again.

My Bill will have nearly tripled from October 2017 to 2018 - and it wasn't cheap before then.

Perfect timing with Mrs itfcjoe about to go off on maternity

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 20:17 - Aug 31 with 3535 viewsElderGrizzly

I switched to Igloo Energy recently. Reduced my bill from Sainsbury's energy by 40% for same usage.
Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 20:23 - Aug 31 with 3522 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 20:17 - Aug 31 by ElderGrizzly

I switched to Igloo Energy recently. Reduced my bill from Sainsbury's energy by 40% for same usage.

Looks a lot cheaper from quick comparison - but I have a £700 debit hanging over me which isn't the best!

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 20:36 - Aug 31 with 3491 viewsPlums

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 20:23 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

Looks a lot cheaper from quick comparison - but I have a £700 debit hanging over me which isn't the best!

Wow, it must have been low. Can you challenge them on why they haven’t adjusted it after meter readings? Mine adjusts itself after every reading.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 20:42 - Aug 31 with 3469 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 20:36 - Aug 31 by Plums

Wow, it must have been low. Can you challenge them on why they haven’t adjusted it after meter readings? Mine adjusts itself after every reading.

They only came out and read Gas and didn't request I put in electricity ones so it was left for 6 months and their estimate was way out

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 21:09 - Aug 31 with 3408 viewsBurwell_Blue

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 20:42 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

They only came out and read Gas and didn't request I put in electricity ones so it was left for 6 months and their estimate was way out

Oops. I put mine in every four weeks. Just went up to £110 for comparison.
Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 21:33 - Aug 31 with 3369 viewsWestSussexBlue

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 20:23 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

Recently switched ours and saving over £45 per month.
Just a suggestion, but how about increase your overdraft by £700.
Immediately pay off the debit then switch suppliers. Use your monthly savings on the new supplier to wipe out the extra £700 overdraft.
Might take a few months but worth it by next Spring.
Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 22:01 - Aug 31 with 3337 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What can I say!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 22:24 - Aug 31 with 3305 viewsPinewoodblue

Currently with Eon, modernish 4 bed detached paying £89 a month combine tariff, same price as it was a year ago, they put it up in February but brought it back down last month .

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 22:29 - Aug 31 with 3299 viewsjeera

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 22:24 - Aug 31 by Pinewoodblue

Currently with Eon, modernish 4 bed detached paying £89 a month combine tariff, same price as it was a year ago, they put it up in February but brought it back down last month .

Combine tariff? So dual fuel?

That sounds decent for a place that size.

I really must sort mine out, I still haven't got around to it despite living here for over a year now. BG for gas! Ouch. But with Eon for electric.

Sounds like instead of shopping about too much I'd be ok with just moving the gas over to Eon. I thought they would be expensive but yours sounds fair enough.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 22:41 - Aug 31 with 3276 viewscoote

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 22:29 - Aug 31 by jeera

I really must sort mine out, I still haven't got around to it despite living here for over a year now. BG for gas! Ouch. But with Eon for electric.

Sounds like instead of shopping about too much I'd be ok with just moving the gas over to Eon. I thought they would be expensive but yours sounds fair enough.

4 bed Victorian place.
£218 a month. Half of what the mortgage is. Joke.

Only two of us and an 8 month old. Xx
Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 22:57 - Aug 31 with 3240 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 22:29 - Aug 31 by jeera

Fixed tariff but you need to fix up a new one when the old one expires as they transfer you to a standard tariff if you leave it to them.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:59]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 23:09 - Aug 31 with 3219 viewsjeera

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 22:57 - Aug 31 by Pinewoodblue

Fixed tariff but you need to fix up a new one when the old one expires as they transfer you to a standard tariff if you leave it to them.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:59]

Yes, fair enough.

I must get onto it.

Ta

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 23:09 - Aug 31 with 3216 viewsjpring89

Yeah Scottish power think it’s ok to practically double my bill. C..ts

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 23:10 - Aug 31 with 3215 viewsjeera

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 22:41 - Aug 31 by coote

4 bed Victorian place.
£218 a month. Half of what the mortgage is. Joke.

Only two of us and an 8 month old. Xx

Then you definitely need to be shopping around.

Who's that with?

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 23:10 - Aug 31 with 3216 viewsBroomy99

Sounds painful! I think the word maternity explains a lot here...

Have a look at Utility Warehouse, they change all your lightbulbs to LEDs for free and never charge for replacements as long as you stay for 2 years or more. Should reduce your electric bill by about 20%. Plus give you cashback on all your shopping with various partners including Mothercare 😉 at 5%. PM me if you want more info.

‘Which’ Utility provider of the year 2018, so proven model to reduce costs.
Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 23:18 - Aug 31 with 3200 viewsjeera

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 23:10 - Aug 31 by Broomy99

Sounds painful! I think the word maternity explains a lot here...

Have a look at Utility Warehouse, they change all your lightbulbs to LEDs for free and never charge for replacements as long as you stay for 2 years or more. Should reduce your electric bill by about 20%. Plus give you cashback on all your shopping with various partners including Mothercare 😉 at 5%. PM me if you want more info.

‘Which’ Utility provider of the year 2018, so proven model to reduce costs.

Sales pitch.

They are not the cheapest and have been pulled up over those kind of claims before.

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 23:45 - Aug 31 with 3151 viewsBroomy99

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 23:18 - Aug 31 by jeera

Sales pitch.

They are not the cheapest and have been pulled up over those kind of claims before.

Never said they were, Jeera.

Just with a busy life and bills going up and a family on the way useful to have a reasonably priced solution that is tied your increased spending when u have a little one on the way.

All I said was take a look.
Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 23:49 - Aug 31 with 3144 viewsBroomy99

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 23:45 - Aug 31 by Broomy99

Never said they were, Jeera.

Just with a busy life and bills going up and a family on the way useful to have a reasonably priced solution that is tied your increased spending when u have a little one on the way.

All I said was take a look.

Alternatively if you’re into renewable energy and saving the planet etc. Here’s a referal link for Bulb that will get you £50 credit in your account http://bulb.co.uk/refer/nikm2200
Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 00:15 - Sep 1 with 3117 viewsWe_hate_Norwich

There are loads of smaller energy companies about nowadays, lots using renewable energy.

We're currently 6 months into an 18 month fixed contract with a Nottingham based company called OutFoxtheMarket (crap name I'll admit).

Modern 4 bedroomed detached, 2 adults and one child, paying £62 pm for combined electricity / gas.

Admittedly we do have solar panels which will reduce the electricity a little, but still very reasonable. I enter the meter readings online every month to ensure we don't get any nasty surprises like the OP.

I just don't like the colours Yellow and Green.

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 00:57 - Sep 1 with 3087 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I’m always a bit bemused by people who are shocked when direct debits go up because they have been too low... it’s not that hard to read your own meter once a month, work out your monthly bill and compare it to the direct debit. If it’s too low... pay more.

Overpay in the summer = no nasty shocks in the winter.
Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 07:05 - Sep 1 with 3030 viewsTractorWood

I use Octopus energy. They are excellent. In the transition from old supplier, the old supplier didn't read the meter at the right time and overcharged my final bill. Octopus put the difference plus a goodwill gesture onto my account as credit on the same day so I didn't have to bother disputing the final bill.

They were also the cheapest credible supplier on the market and they are just ready for 2018 with flexibility.

I'd really recommend them. https://share.octopus.energy/hill-plum-14
[Post edited 1 Sep 2018 7:08]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 08:50 - Sep 1 with 2931 viewsVic

Ouch! I recently changed from eon where for dual fuel I was paying over £150 per month to Octopus and am now paying £110 per month.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 09:14 - Sep 1 with 2893 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not sure how they compare but always found this not for profit launched by Notts city council, but national, very good to deal with.

https://robinhoodenergy.co.uk

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 09:28 - Sep 1 with 2868 viewsDanTheMan

We've automated ours now.

https://flipper.community/

Really good. Apparently the energy providers are a bit worried that someone is going to start offering a service where you can switch providers daily to get the best rates.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 09:43 - Sep 1 with 2843 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone been absolutely stung by gas and electricity hike? on 09:28 - Sep 1 by DanTheMan

We've automated ours now.

https://flipper.community/

Really good. Apparently the energy providers are a bit worried that someone is going to start offering a service where you can switch providers daily to get the best rates.

How does this work then? It just automatically flips as and when required then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024