Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... 09:42 - Sep 19 with 5067 viewsBiGDonnie

Doing the right thing and realising he made a mistake or is he bottling it and not standing by his convictions?

For me, if we haven't won after the next couple of games, and there is unrest with staff and players, then he's right to pull the trigger.

Personally, I can't see it happening, but I wouldn't be against it at all, regardless of last nights second half performance, it's been a sh*t show since he joined.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:44 - Sep 19 with 3490 viewsITFC_Forever

It's a complete load of nonsense.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:46 - Sep 19 with 3472 viewsportmanking

It's been aimless, listless and scatter gun week in, week out to date.

Sure, the second half rally last night was pleasing to see. But to me it feels like this job is too big for Hurst. If Evans is man enough to acknowledge the error of his ways, full respect.
If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:48 - Sep 19 with 3450 viewsBiGDonnie

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:44 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

A fair few decent posters have said otherwise........

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:49 - Sep 19 with 3463 viewsclive_baker

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:44 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

From what I’ve heard it’s not a complete load of nonsense in terms of there being some very disgruntled personnel, both playing staff and non playing staff. However I’m led to believe it’s highly unlikely that PH will be removed from his position at this stage. Certainly a big few months coming up for the club.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:53 - Sep 19 with 3398 viewsurbanblue

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:48 - Sep 19 by BiGDonnie

A fair few decent posters have said otherwise........

*Senior players not happy with new young manager shock!!*

Never happened before at a club has it?

If there is any truth at all in this rumour coming out of the club I would imagine it has been put out by certain individuals who want to destabilize things and get Hurst out not from anyone with anything to do with ME.
If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:56 - Sep 19 with 3367 viewsLankHenners

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:49 - Sep 19 by clive_baker

From what I’ve heard it’s not a complete load of nonsense in terms of there being some very disgruntled personnel, both playing staff and non playing staff. However I’m led to believe it’s highly unlikely that PH will be removed from his position at this stage. Certainly a big few months coming up for the club.

I think enough people who would probably know the odd whisper have said enough for it to be pretty much accepted that it's not exactly rosy behind the scenes but considering all this talk of 'a new era' and a new start for the club it'd seem ridiculous if things had gotten as bad as rumoured on the other thread.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:57 - Sep 19 with 3364 viewsJ2BLUE

I dismissed it last night but there's too much smoke to rule out a fire. When you have people like Joe saying he'd lump on him to be the next manager sacked you really do start to wonder.

I just can't see it. Maybe Doig or one of the coaches end up leaving but Hurst? I'd be amazed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:59 - Sep 19 with 3341 viewsLankHenners

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:57 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

I dismissed it last night but there's too much smoke to rule out a fire. When you have people like Joe saying he'd lump on him to be the next manager sacked you really do start to wonder.

I just can't see it. Maybe Doig or one of the coaches end up leaving but Hurst? I'd be amazed.

From putting together what some have been whispering you can pretty much deduce that Doig isn't exactly Mr. Popular.

Login to get fewer ads

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:03 - Sep 19 with 3287 viewsGiveusaWave

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:59 - Sep 19 by LankHenners

From putting together what some have been whispering you can pretty much deduce that Doig isn't exactly Mr. Popular.

Wouldn't surprise me if Doig leaves....but Hurst?

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:09 - Sep 19 with 3258 viewsclive_baker

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:56 - Sep 19 by LankHenners

I think enough people who would probably know the odd whisper have said enough for it to be pretty much accepted that it's not exactly rosy behind the scenes but considering all this talk of 'a new era' and a new start for the club it'd seem ridiculous if things had gotten as bad as rumoured on the other thread.

One of my closest mates is very tight with someone at the club who's firmly ITK. I met him through my friend a couple of times last season, and it was him that told me MM was leaving back in Feb. I posted it on here at the time. I then met up with him after Bristol City away and we spoke about it again, this was before it had become official. I won't name names obviously.

I saw the rumours on here and text my friend who subsequently asked him. His reply as I saw the screenshot was 'highly unlikely' that Hurst would be leaving now. However conceded there are issues which need straightening out and ME isn't happy.

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:11 - Sep 19 with 3243 viewsITFC_Forever

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:57 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

In fairness, I have heard that deputy Doig loves himself and isn't too popular.

However, ME will lose an enormous amount of face if he sacks Hurst, I would think things would have to get a hell of a lot worse for that to happen.
And the trouble is then, who on earth do we replace him with? It'll be someone old fraud of a journeyman manager and ME will never go down the approach of a younger manager again.

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:12 - Sep 19 with 3208 viewsGuthrum

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 09:56 - Sep 19 by LankHenners

If they're so unhappy now, why weren't they performing better under McCarthy (or were they already at the limit of their abilities)?

NB: I'm excluding the Academy from that, their record has been pretty good.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:15 - Sep 19 with 3178 viewsportmanking

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:12 - Sep 19 by Guthrum

If they're so unhappy now, why weren't they performing better under McCarthy (or were they already at the limit of their abilities)?

NB: I'm excluding the Academy from that, their record has been pretty good.

I think we all know the players (or the majority of) loved Mick and tried their hardest for him. It was simply that the system he demanded from his players was limited and put a ceiling on what they were capable of.

It's just a shame that Evans didn't go with someone who had a completely different view on the game to Mick. I have to say I've been mighty impressed with Dean Smith over the last 18 months and admired his work at Walsall also. A manager with a clear view on how he wants the game to be played - properly.
If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:17 - Sep 19 with 3158 viewsclive_baker

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:11 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

In fairness, I have heard that deputy Doig loves himself and isn't too popular.

However, ME will lose an enormous amount of face if he sacks Hurst, I would think things would have to get a hell of a lot worse for that to happen.
And the trouble is then, who on earth do we replace him with? It'll be someone old fraud of a journeyman manager and ME will never go down the approach of a younger manager again.

When you say a hell of a lot worse, how much worse can they get? We're bottom of the league, no wins in our first 8, he's not demonstrated he can nurture through any of our young talent thus far which was priority #1 for ME, one of the most critical components and biggest assets this club has in Klug is seriously fed up, senior players are fed up, Bart has finally signed his lucrative contract and been dropped.

It's not great is it?

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:20 - Sep 19 with 3128 viewsLankHenners

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:09 - Sep 19 by clive_baker

One of my closest mates is very tight with someone at the club who's firmly ITK. I met him through my friend a couple of times last season, and it was him that told me MM was leaving back in Feb. I posted it on here at the time. I then met up with him after Bristol City away and we spoke about it again, this was before it had become official. I won't name names obviously.

I saw the rumours on here and text my friend who subsequently asked him. His reply as I saw the screenshot was 'highly unlikely' that Hurst would be leaving now. However conceded there are issues which need straightening out and ME isn't happy.

Yes I remember you saying at the time. Things certainly become more interesting when posters (yourself included) who you'd think wouldn't just spout out BS for a few bites suggest something's not quite right.

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:30 - Sep 19 with 3053 viewsITFC_Forever

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:17 - Sep 19 by clive_baker

When you say a hell of a lot worse, how much worse can they get? We're bottom of the league, no wins in our first 8, he's not demonstrated he can nurture through any of our young talent thus far which was priority #1 for ME, one of the most critical components and biggest assets this club has in Klug is seriously fed up, senior players are fed up, Bart has finally signed his lucrative contract and been dropped.

It's not great is it?

We're not even at Keane's level of waiting for his first win of his first full season (Yes, I know he won 2 dead rubbers immediately after he started), so I can't see Hurst sacking him yet.

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:35 - Sep 19 with 3014 viewsclive_baker

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:30 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

We're not even at Keane's level of waiting for his first win of his first full season (Yes, I know he won 2 dead rubbers immediately after he started), so I can't see Hurst sacking him yet.

He won't.

It is cack though.

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:37 - Sep 19 with 3007 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yesterday's second half performance was as good as we have been this season but it needs to continue into the next couple of games.

People are saying that Marcus sticks by his managers and it's true that he didn't sack Keane after a 15 game winless run. Keane then turned our performances around and both finished the season strongly and started the following season very well before Keane finally imploded.

Perhaps Marcus looks at that and thinks he should have sacked Keane during that winless run instead of giving him the time to turn things around and doesn't want to make the same mistake with Hurst based on that experience.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 11:13 - Sep 19 with 2822 viewsrosseden

ME is well versed enough in man management to know you always get a period of uncertainty, a few noises, and some general discontent when something changes. PH probably hasnt helped this with some of his comments, and i am guessing that ME would be expecting things to settle by now. If they dont, and things continue to evolve, with not just players being unhappy, then he will have to have words at least. That coupled with the lack of cohesion on the pitch, and apparent lack of a plan, could make things accelerate faster.... only time will tell, but neither option would surprise me.....

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 11:14 - Sep 19 with 2807 viewsGarv

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:17 - Sep 19 by clive_baker

It's not great is it?

Why was Bart guaranteed his place for goodness sake? I keep seeing this.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 11:17 - Sep 19 with 2773 viewsStadiumofdark

Agreed.

Obviously we don't know what's going on behind the scenes... but there's enough to worry me from team selections and formations & results to think its too much for Hurst. Early days as it may be... he seems out of his depth
If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 11:17 - Sep 19 with 2788 viewsBerlinBlue

This talk of ME about to pull the trigger, speaking to other managers, of PH not being up to the job, of unrest behind the scenes is wide of the mark imo. Does anyone actually, truly believe - or know - this or is it just people stirring things for some inexplicable reason?? The answer should be clear.

ME took his time to find the right man, he knows it takes time for a new manager and a load of new players to find their feet. I doubt he's got a gun held to PH's head. We know how patient he is with his managers.

We are bottom, but far from cut adrift, well within touching distance of those above. We haven't lost at home, we've played well at times, should probably have picked up a couple more points. We're hardly in crisis, although many are doing their best to tell everyone we are. We have players who are good enough to ensure we have a decent season. Just give them a chance to show it.

This talk of PH's future doesn't do him or the team any favours at all. It was stupid and disrespectful that he was questioned about it in his press conference on Monday. Let him get on with the job of getting us up the table instead of leaving him with thoughts that his ability and future are already in question.
If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 11:22 - Sep 19 with 2742 viewsGuthrum

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 11:17 - Sep 19 by BerlinBlue

This talk of ME about to pull the trigger, speaking to other managers, of PH not being up to the job, of unrest behind the scenes is wide of the mark imo. Does anyone actually, truly believe - or know - this or is it just people stirring things for some inexplicable reason?? The answer should be clear.

ME took his time to find the right man, he knows it takes time for a new manager and a load of new players to find their feet. I doubt he's got a gun held to PH's head. We know how patient he is with his managers.

We are bottom, but far from cut adrift, well within touching distance of those above. We haven't lost at home, we've played well at times, should probably have picked up a couple more points. We're hardly in crisis, although many are doing their best to tell everyone we are. We have players who are good enough to ensure we have a decent season. Just give them a chance to show it.

This talk of PH's future doesn't do him or the team any favours at all. It was stupid and disrespectful that he was questioned about it in his press conference on Monday. Let him get on with the job of getting us up the table instead of leaving him with thoughts that his ability and future are already in question.

If Evans sacks Hurst at this stage, he would lose much respect from me. A severe loss of nerve, far worse than the manager's tinkering with the teamsheet.

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 11:26 - Sep 19 with 2704 viewsitfcjoe

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 11:17 - Sep 19 by BerlinBlue

Your first paragraph - what about if people do know parts of that to be the case?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 11:28 - Sep 19 with 2673 viewsGuthrum

If it's true and Marcus is speaking to other managers is he.... on 10:15 - Sep 19 by portmanking

I think we all know the players (or the majority of) loved Mick and tried their hardest for him. It was simply that the system he demanded from his players was limited and put a ceiling on what they were capable of.

It's just a shame that Evans didn't go with someone who had a completely different view on the game to Mick. I have to say I've been mighty impressed with Dean Smith over the last 18 months and admired his work at Walsall also. A manager with a clear view on how he wants the game to be played - properly.

Yes, there were other good candidates for the job.

But, equally, Hurst is not identical to McCarthy, that isn't something people are saying who have watched the games, nor from the couple I've seen on TV. The ball is in midfield, being passed around, for one thing, not just fired over the opposition Left Back's head for Waghorn to chase.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024