Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today 15:24 - Sep 27 with 2831 viewsFrimleyBlue

"All we can go on at the time was, one, he trained in front of us, two, Jon said he was fine, and while I’m not saying Jon’s a doctor or a physio, he’s an experienced player."

Now, Hurst has made it known and we call know Friday training sessions are light... He also said Walters had sat out training earlier in the week.

So, baring in mind, and forget who the player in question is.... When speaking of Andre, he says he's in the u23s because it's not as competitive as 1st team football.

So how can they judge Walters on 1 day of light training? Surely the intensity in which is speaks about is still there for Walters. Even more intense when you consider the expectation on Walters coming on.

If I were Hurst he does need to own up and say we all got it wrong, from Me, my team, it was wrong. Would show as sign that he can hold his hands up. At the moment, even after that awful first half the other game, he still couldn't say he got it wrong and it was awful.

Just hold hands up, you made a coc k up, potentially a season defining one for ITFC, covering it up doesn't change the facts.

[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 15:34]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:40 - Sep 27 with 2748 viewsBluefish

Can you flounce off for a bit longer please?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:41 - Sep 27 with 2744 viewsFrimleyBlue

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:40 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

Can you flounce off for a bit longer please?

Can you try and put together a constructive reply?

please

Waka waka eh eh

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:54 - Sep 27 with 2669 viewsLeoMuff

I know it doesn’t help your flounce, but hasn’t he already done that earlier in the week ? Said it was a mistake to play him and the blame lies with him as manager.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:54 - Sep 27 with 2670 viewssparks

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:41 - Sep 27 by FrimleyBlue

Can you try and put together a constructive reply?

please

The point made on this occasion looks a fair one- but it very much depends on unknown factors like the medical advice being received.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:57 - Sep 27 with 2650 viewsFrimleyBlue

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:54 - Sep 27 by LeoMuff

I know it doesn’t help your flounce, but hasn’t he already done that earlier in the week ? Said it was a mistake to play him and the blame lies with him as manager.

He's just said the opposite today.

It's just one of those things no one could have forseen. Great big news story on the main page.

Waka waka eh eh

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:58 - Sep 27 with 2641 viewsGarv

He did admit Brentford first half didn't work.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 16:00 - Sep 27 with 2627 viewsFrimleyBlue

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:58 - Sep 27 by Garv

And then at the next press conference spoke on how after watching it again it wasn't actually that bad. It wasn't the formation or the players it was just that we didn't keep the ball.

No point saying my fault after a game and then going back on it a week later.

Waka waka eh eh

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 16:02 - Sep 27 with 2612 viewsIllinoisblue

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 16:00 - Sep 27 by FrimleyBlue

And then at the next press conference spoke on how after watching it again it wasn't actually that bad. It wasn't the formation or the players it was just that we didn't keep the ball.

No point saying my fault after a game and then going back on it a week later.

it's almost as if players and managers will say one thing in the heat of a post-match interview and something different a couple days later when they've seen the video and had time to reflect.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 16:07 - Sep 27 with 2587 viewsKeaneish

He doesn't say he sat out all week. Even if he did, perhaps he was in the gym rather than on the training ground. We all watched Walters warm up at half time and we all saw him warming up on the touch line. He looked bright when he came on. Sometime parts of your body just give up, especially at 35 with recurring injuries.

Could the medical staff have predicted that? I'd like to think the medical staff gave it the green light too...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 16:23 - Sep 27 with 2514 viewsSwansea_Blue

What?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 16:26 - Sep 27 with 2507 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Wasn’t there a third point about the surgeon’s report that you’ve failed to take into account (presumably to suit your argument)?
My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 16:30 - Sep 27 with 2484 viewsjeera

You want to put aside that one is a seasoned pro nearing the end of his career, and the other is a kid starting out, as though it's insignificant.

Right.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 18:10 - Sep 27 with 2378 viewsHugoagogo

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 16:30 - Sep 27 by jeera

You want to put aside that one is a seasoned pro nearing the end of his career, and the other is a kid starting out, as though it's insignificant.

Right.

^this.

Also, we're talking about a player who has successfully managed his own training schedule around a knee injury, therefore has experience of knowing what his body can and can't take, versus a 19 year old who's desperate to play after a serious injury and a whole year out, who's still growing, and isn't a big unit like Walters is, and perhaps doesn't have experience of when to go for/back out of challenges, put in by battle hardened Championship players told to rough him up all game, as per Jonny Williams.

I'm grateful Hurst is taking different approaches with different players.
My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 19:32 - Sep 27 with 2279 viewsHorseboy

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 15:58 - Sep 27 by Garv

10 days later
My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 19:43 - Sep 27 with 2254 viewsSwansea_Blue

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 16:23 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

What?

No need to down vote, I genuinely can’t work out your point. I’m not sure what Andre building up to tackle the rigours of this league has got to do with someone who’s been as strong as an ox for years.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 19:46 - Sep 27 with 2245 viewsjeera

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 19:43 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

No need to down vote, I genuinely can’t work out your point. I’m not sure what Andre building up to tackle the rigours of this league has got to do with someone who’s been as strong as an ox for years.

Most can't.

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 20:33 - Sep 27 with 2185 viewsFrimleyBlue

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 19:43 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

Strong as an ox? He's missed most of the last season FFS.

Waka waka eh eh

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 21:16 - Sep 27 with 2117 viewsCoco

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 19:32 - Sep 27 by Horseboy

10 days later

Think it was the post match interview.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 21:28 - Sep 27 with 2089 viewsjeera

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 21:16 - Sep 27 by Coco

Think it was the post match interview.

It was.

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 21:29 - Sep 27 with 2089 viewsolimar

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 18:10 - Sep 27 by Hugoagogo

^this.

Also, we're talking about a player who has successfully managed his own training schedule around a knee injury, therefore has experience of knowing what his body can and can't take, versus a 19 year old who's desperate to play after a serious injury and a whole year out, who's still growing, and isn't a big unit like Walters is, and perhaps doesn't have experience of when to go for/back out of challenges, put in by battle hardened Championship players told to rough him up all game, as per Jonny Williams.

I'm grateful Hurst is taking different approaches with different players.

In reality, as much as Walters has experience of his own body, he is also a 35 year old who has missed most of the previous year and will be well aware that the end of his career is closing in. Possibly knowing there is a reasonable chance this is his last season.
Im sure he doesnt want to injure himself, but I dont think we can immediately conclude that hes also going to be able to take a position of complete neutrality and balance when making decisions about whether he can play or not.
My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 21:58 - Sep 27 with 2035 viewsjeera

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 21:29 - Sep 27 by olimar

In reality, as much as Walters has experience of his own body, he is also a 35 year old who has missed most of the previous year and will be well aware that the end of his career is closing in. Possibly knowing there is a reasonable chance this is his last season.
Im sure he doesnt want to injure himself, but I dont think we can immediately conclude that hes also going to be able to take a position of complete neutrality and balance when making decisions about whether he can play or not.

In which case it could be argued that he over-stated his own capability of being able.

It's a fair point.

You've not been around much so far this season.

What do you make of it all so far?

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 22:18 - Sep 27 with 1994 viewsolimar

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 21:58 - Sep 27 by jeera

In which case it could be argued that he over-stated his own capability of being able.

It's a fair point.

You've not been around much so far this season.

What do you make of it all so far?

I think we are going down, to be honest. Im desperate to see us get over the line and get a win, but its impossible to ignore how far away we are from seeing that happen.
At the start of the season, I thought we really could do with a win in the first two games, as I could imagine us failing to win the following 4 and having no wins after playing Norwich. That felt like a worst case scenario, a bit like when Norwich were inevitably going to meet us in the play offs from about February in 2015.
After Norwich, I thought that realistically we might have to wait until Bolton, so Saturday felt very much like a watershed moment. We have all the hallmarks of a relegation side- narrow losses, we always seem fairly competitive, luck goes against us etc. But thats exactly what the majority of relegated sides end up saying, when the reality is that they are just that bit behind the other teams.
We dont score goals and dont look like scoring goals, so we are a hostage to fortune in that we make that solitary mistake and find ourselves on the end of a defeat (see Rotherham, Wednesday).
To me, the benchmark is the run we had in 09/10 under Keane. We went 14 games without a win, but there was genuinely a lot of misfortune in that run- on three different occasions we conceded a last minute equaliser to deny us the win. Against Sheff Utd we conceded twice in the last five minutes to stop us. It felt like confidence might count against us eventually, but there were goals and performances in there. Once we got the win, you felt that it could turn. Which it did.
This year we have been nowhere close to a win, we have only led for something like 30 minutes out of 300, which is pretty shocking. In not one game have we been holding a lead and we could believe it was the time.
We will surely scrap out a win somewhere along the line, against an under par side, but is there any confidence that it will suddenly give us a platform to raise out performances as much as is needed to get more of them? If Chambers had scored late on Saturday, would it really have given anyone a different perspective on our chances at Birmingham?

I really want it to work, changing is going to be a disaster as we surely cant fund another set of new players and a new manager is unlikely to want these players hand picked by Hurst. Id add that the players themselves all look decent players and I think all the signings look capable of settling at this level. Nolan looks a classy player, despite his current troubles. Ive liked what Ive seen of Harrison, even though hes become something of a scapegoat for our lack of chances recently.
But we still look such a way off and there is little more than odd flashes to indicate any kind of emerging style and a team starting to come together. We were miles off against Blackburn, which was a surprise to me, but whats more of a surprise is that we havent appeared to make much in the way of progress since.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 22:21]
My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 22:27 - Sep 27 with 1977 viewsjeera

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 22:18 - Sep 27 by olimar

I think we are going down, to be honest. Im desperate to see us get over the line and get a win, but its impossible to ignore how far away we are from seeing that happen.
At the start of the season, I thought we really could do with a win in the first two games, as I could imagine us failing to win the following 4 and having no wins after playing Norwich. That felt like a worst case scenario, a bit like when Norwich were inevitably going to meet us in the play offs from about February in 2015.
After Norwich, I thought that realistically we might have to wait until Bolton, so Saturday felt very much like a watershed moment. We have all the hallmarks of a relegation side- narrow losses, we always seem fairly competitive, luck goes against us etc. But thats exactly what the majority of relegated sides end up saying, when the reality is that they are just that bit behind the other teams.
We dont score goals and dont look like scoring goals, so we are a hostage to fortune in that we make that solitary mistake and find ourselves on the end of a defeat (see Rotherham, Wednesday).
To me, the benchmark is the run we had in 09/10 under Keane. We went 14 games without a win, but there was genuinely a lot of misfortune in that run- on three different occasions we conceded a last minute equaliser to deny us the win. Against Sheff Utd we conceded twice in the last five minutes to stop us. It felt like confidence might count against us eventually, but there were goals and performances in there. Once we got the win, you felt that it could turn. Which it did.
This year we have been nowhere close to a win, we have only led for something like 30 minutes out of 300, which is pretty shocking. In not one game have we been holding a lead and we could believe it was the time.
We will surely scrap out a win somewhere along the line, against an under par side, but is there any confidence that it will suddenly give us a platform to raise out performances as much as is needed to get more of them? If Chambers had scored late on Saturday, would it really have given anyone a different perspective on our chances at Birmingham?

I really want it to work, changing is going to be a disaster as we surely cant fund another set of new players and a new manager is unlikely to want these players hand picked by Hurst. Id add that the players themselves all look decent players and I think all the signings look capable of settling at this level. Nolan looks a classy player, despite his current troubles. Ive liked what Ive seen of Harrison, even though hes become something of a scapegoat for our lack of chances recently.
But we still look such a way off and there is little more than odd flashes to indicate any kind of emerging style and a team starting to come together. We were miles off against Blackburn, which was a surprise to me, but whats more of a surprise is that we havent appeared to make much in the way of progress since.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 22:21]

Much sense as always, thanks.

The theme seems to be we can count ourselves unlucky but it's up to us to make our own luck. You're not the first to say it and it rings more true each time it's voiced.

I'm more despondent for reading your post than I was already, but appreciate the effort.

Do you have a preference if there becomes the need for a change?

But, like you say, there's little to no new money now, the players who were the main assets are gone. Who in their right mind would want the sodding job anyway?

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 22:55 - Sep 27 with 1920 viewsolimar

My issue over the Walters situ is this quote from today on 22:27 - Sep 27 by jeera

Much sense as always, thanks.

The theme seems to be we can count ourselves unlucky but it's up to us to make our own luck. You're not the first to say it and it rings more true each time it's voiced.

I'm more despondent for reading your post than I was already, but appreciate the effort.

Do you have a preference if there becomes the need for a change?

But, like you say, there's little to no new money now, the players who were the main assets are gone. Who in their right mind would want the sodding job anyway?

Yeah, I think your last sentence is probably instructive- we were an attraction to a lower league upcoming manager, but if we are bottom of the league we are only likely to be an attraction to those without much in the way of options.
A Mick McCarthy type (whatever personal opinions, he was/is a big name when he took over) isnt going to be on the table, since the squad is nothing like what we had back then- even though Jewell was an idiot, we had a far higher calibre of player back then, just terribly managed. Even our loanees were players like DJ Campbell and Richie Wellens...
Warburton was a name who was mentioned last time and doesnt seem to have had much fortune finding a new job. His background is solid and might be the best we can hope for.

I do think the luck thing is largely a red herring. Yes, Nsialas red card was terrible and maybe we might have gone on to win the game at Wednesday without it. But we werent actually leading or, again, creating many chances to suggest we were already most of the way there.
We have spent the last 3 years moaning that injuries have robbed us of our chance to be a success, but every club has injuries, we just have so few of quality that if one of them gets injured we tend to think its a disaster. It masks the reality a little I think.

Our biggest asset, in terms of someone we might sell to raise funds, is the player whos value is currently being diminished sitting on the bench. I know he didnt have a good start to the season, but it wasnt terrible either and dropping Bart just feels like an unnecessary additional piece of instability at a time when we need to get momentum. The fact that hes our only player of any value also has to be a consideration- even if we shouldnt really let that stuff affect our first team choices, we have made our biggest asset our highest paid player and then immediately decided not to use him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024