Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... 11:13 - Nov 6 with 3747 viewsFrankfurtBlue

to try to discover what he meant when he said, "There are many things that he would change at this club"?

I think Stuart Watson tried to question him on it, but Hurst didn't feel comfortable at the time to enlighten us all with his insights. Now he has gone, he might want to get it off his chest.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 11:16]
Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:16 - Nov 6 with 3714 viewsfooters

Not wise for an ex-manager to start picking holes in a former employer, is it? Would damage his employability and professional reputation to do so.

But here's the answer in short: there's fck all money.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:20 - Nov 6 with 3677 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:16 - Nov 6 by footers

Not wise for an ex-manager to start picking holes in a former employer, is it? Would damage his employability and professional reputation to do so.

I agree. But he can do it diplomatically, and even improve his position, if there are clearly issues beyond his control that negatively affected his ability to do his job, e.g. player recruitment problems, not of his making.
Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:22 - Nov 6 with 3658 viewsKeno

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:20 - Nov 6 by FrankfurtBlue

I agree. But he can do it diplomatically, and even improve his position, if there are clearly issues beyond his control that negatively affected his ability to do his job, e.g. player recruitment problems, not of his making.

Perhaps the biggest issue was trying to change too much too quickly

that and a no one else at the club sharing his thought that 2-0 was a dangerous scoreline

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:26 - Nov 6 with 3610 viewsfooters

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:20 - Nov 6 by FrankfurtBlue

Even if there were some issues beyond his control, picking a settled back five with players in their natural positions was certainly within his control and more likely the reason for poor performances.

Don't think we'll be hearing much from PH any time soon. Thank god.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:35 - Nov 6 with 3549 viewshoppy

Could he have meant there were many things he would change, were he to have his time again, with hindsight?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:40 - Nov 6 with 3508 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:35 - Nov 6 by hoppy

Could he have meant there were many things he would change, were he to have his time again, with hindsight?

No. Don't think that was what he was saying at all. Got the impression that he was hinting at issues behind the scenes that would always inhibit the club's ability to challenge for promotion.
Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:46 - Nov 6 with 3476 viewsSeablu

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:40 - Nov 6 by FrankfurtBlue

No. Don't think that was what he was saying at all. Got the impression that he was hinting at issues behind the scenes that would always inhibit the club's ability to challenge for promotion.

Quite frankly I think anything PH had or has to say on the subject should be taken with a shovel of sodium chloride.

The man wreaked havoc in a few short months and decided to lob a bit of diversionary poo into the fan once he knew his position was, quite rightly, untenable.
Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:49 - Nov 6 with 3455 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:26 - Nov 6 by footers

Even if there were some issues beyond his control, picking a settled back five with players in their natural positions was certainly within his control and more likely the reason for poor performances.

Don't think we'll be hearing much from PH any time soon. Thank god.

I think we are all aware that PH made some major mistakes, but we are now rid of him and his failings.

What I am interested in, are the changes that a professional football manager considers necessary at ITFC in order to make us more competitive as a club.
Login to get fewer ads

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 12:12 - Nov 6 with 3358 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:40 - Nov 6 by FrankfurtBlue

Not sure what he meant but assumed he was talking about infrastructure, set-up that sort of thing.
Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 12:17 - Nov 6 with 3319 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:46 - Nov 6 by Seablu

Quite frankly I think anything PH had or has to say on the subject should be taken with a shovel of sodium chloride.

The man wreaked havoc in a few short months and decided to lob a bit of diversionary poo into the fan once he knew his position was, quite rightly, untenable.

You might be right regarding the diversion. You might be right that his views are not worth listening to. However, I would still like to know exactly what he was alluding to, before making a decision on whether or not to take any notice of it.
Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 12:23 - Nov 6 with 3279 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 12:12 - Nov 6 by PhilTWTD

Not sure what he meant but assumed he was talking about infrastructure, set-up that sort of thing.

You could be right. My best guess is the way that recruitment is handled. Any chance of contacting him and putting the question to him, or is that seen as "not the done thing"?
Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 12:27 - Nov 6 with 3252 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 12:23 - Nov 6 by FrankfurtBlue

You could be right. My best guess is the way that recruitment is handled. Any chance of contacting him and putting the question to him, or is that seen as "not the done thing"?

It reminded me of a comment Roy Keane made about how it took Sir Alex five years to get his scouting staff together at Man U and that it takes time to put all these things in place. I suspect Paul H won't want to get into too much discussion on Town, not yet anyway.
Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 12:43 - Nov 6 with 3113 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 12:27 - Nov 6 by PhilTWTD

It reminded me of a comment Roy Keane made about how it took Sir Alex five years to get his scouting staff together at Man U and that it takes time to put all these things in place. I suspect Paul H won't want to get into too much discussion on Town, not yet anyway.

I guess he might also be constrained in what he can say, especially to the press, by his severance agreement.

Agree about scouting networks taking time. I actually meant more the way that targets are pursued and ensuing negotiations are handled, i.e. managing ME.
Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 13:10 - Nov 6 with 2976 viewsJimmyJazz

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 11:16 - Nov 6 by footers

For a scenario where there was apparently no money, PH certainly found a way to waste a lot of it.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 13:14 - Nov 6 with 2933 viewsBiGDonnie

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 12:12 - Nov 6 by PhilTWTD

Needed a higher chair for the press conferences?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 13:31 - Nov 6 with 2831 viewsElephantintheRoom

If memory serves, Paul Hurst changed many things while he was here. He sold all the championship quality players, he loaned in rubbish and loaned out Town youngsters without giving them a chance, he transformed the club from mid-table trundlers to relegation favourites./ That's quite a lot of change. On the positive side I don't recall him swearing in press conferences or criticizing the intolerant supporters. Personally I think his arrogance and greed blinded him to the fact that Town has no football infrastructure or support within the club and nothing can be done without the say so of a tax exile who tries to run the club by text.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 13:32 - Nov 6 with 2824 viewsBlueyandCrazy

He probably can't talk about it as part of confidentiality agreement on settlement of his contract. May hear more in time, when he gets another job but for the moment wouldn't expect anything.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Phil, did you or anyone else ever catch up with Paul Hurst after he left..... on 14:43 - Nov 6 with 2585 viewsbluephil021

League 2 players, that he brought in, and no money would be my guess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024