Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) 19:10 - Nov 15 with 2910 viewsVic

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:14 - Nov 15 with 2292 viewsNo9

After going WTO the others in that organisation will probably insist on proper border controls
how long it takes to get the UK into the WTO as a separate country which may not be so easy ??
What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:18 - Nov 15 with 2285 viewsPinewoodblue

They have been advertising for border protection guards , closes next week but money isn't good.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:22 - Nov 15 with 2266 viewsWeWereZombies

We have to sell it off to prop up the pound, China will probably buy it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:23 - Nov 15 with 2257 viewsBloomBlue

We build a Trump wall
What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:27 - Nov 15 with 2235 viewsSpruceMoose

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:23 - Nov 15 by BloomBlue

We build a Trump wall

Even Trump doesn't have a wall.

There's no way the UK is capable of mass infrastructure projects anymore anyway. We will have booted out anyone with capability or expertise.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:27 - Nov 15 with 2234 viewsNo9

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:22 - Nov 15 by WeWereZombies

We have to sell it off to prop up the pound, China will probably buy it.

Do you think there would be a move to reunite Ireland - if they can overcome the DUP?
What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:29 - Nov 15 with 2229 viewsSuperblue95

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:27 - Nov 15 by No9

Do you think there would be a move to reunite Ireland - if they can overcome the DUP?

Never going to happen

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:32 - Nov 15 with 2212 viewsVic

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:14 - Nov 15 by No9

After going WTO the others in that organisation will probably insist on proper border controls
how long it takes to get the UK into the WTO as a separate country which may not be so easy ??

So basically, whatever happens or doesn’t happen (unless we reverse the referendum and decide to stay in the EU) we have a massive, massive problem with the Irish border?

Login to get fewer ads

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:35 - Nov 15 with 2203 viewsWeWereZombies

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:27 - Nov 15 by No9

I was going to say 'Well, China had the manpower to do it', but in the light of what is happening to the Uighurs it is not so funny.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 20:10 - Nov 15 with 2140 viewsPendejo

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:29 - Nov 15 by Superblue95

Never going to happen

Never say never - recently saw something about birth rates and Catholics will be in the majority within our lifetimes...

Actually sooner than I thought

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43823506

So voting wise by 2039

Never say never...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 20:15 - Nov 15 with 2122 viewsNo9

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:32 - Nov 15 by Vic

So basically, whatever happens or doesn’t happen (unless we reverse the referendum and decide to stay in the EU) we have a massive, massive problem with the Irish border?

In one word - Yes!
Unless the status quo is maintained or the Island of Ireland is reunited - unlikely
What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 20:15 - Nov 15 with 2127 viewsSuperblue95

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 20:10 - Nov 15 by Pendejo

Never say never - recently saw something about birth rates and Catholics will be in the majority within our lifetimes...

So voting wise by 2039

Never say never...

That may well turn out to be the case but it doesn't mean that the Republic will necessarily want to regain control of the north if push came to shove.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 20:16 - Nov 15 with 2117 viewsNo9

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:29 - Nov 15 by Superblue95

Never going to happen

I do know some who would welcome it but that doesn't mean they are in the majority
What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 20:31 - Nov 15 with 2095 viewsfactual_blue

Paramilitaries of both persuasions start blowing things up.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 20:57 - Nov 15 with 2065 viewsbluejacko

What is it that you think a border would look like? The inner German border maybe? There will never be a hard border because of the common travel area that has been in existence long before tha EU was even thought of!
Trade will be subject to tariffs etc but as the means to charge different VAT rates etc already exist if the will was there it could be overcome.
What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:05 - Nov 15 with 2052 viewsVic

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 20:57 - Nov 15 by bluejacko

What is it that you think a border would look like? The inner German border maybe? There will never be a hard border because of the common travel area that has been in existence long before tha EU was even thought of!
Trade will be subject to tariffs etc but as the means to charge different VAT rates etc already exist if the will was there it could be overcome.

Just read what used to happen (which is as you say).serious question - what is stopping us going back to how it was before 1993? Is it really just political stubbornness and pride?

I guess the problem is that EU rules on trade have changed since then?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 21:07]

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:09 - Nov 15 with 2038 viewsGlasgowBlue

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:05 - Nov 15 by Vic

Just read what used to happen (which is as you say).serious question - what is stopping us going back to how it was before 1993? Is it really just political stubbornness and pride?

I think it was the Labour shadow minister Barry Gardiner who said it was all bollox.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:12 - Nov 15 with 2031 viewsVic

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:09 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

I think it was the Labour shadow minister Barry Gardiner who said it was all bollox.

Couldn’t have been - he’d never speak that much sense.

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:27 - Nov 15 with 2003 viewsNo9

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:05 - Nov 15 by Vic

The GFA which no one seroius wants to bust although a couple of brexiteers have suggested it would be OK if it went.
What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:35 - Nov 15 with 1982 viewsMoriarty

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 20:10 - Nov 15 by Pendejo

So voting wise by 2039

Never say never...

There’s a flip side to the coin.

The Republic would also have a referendum to see if it favored a United Ireland.

I’m from the South and would vote “no” to a united Ireland. And many others I know would do the same.

fka omuircheartaigh

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:37 - Nov 15 with 1972 viewsVic

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:27 - Nov 15 by No9

The GFA which no one seroius wants to bust although a couple of brexiteers have suggested it would be OK if it went.

Ah righto. That’s a bit serious then!

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 21:42 - Nov 15 with 1958 viewsMoriarty

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 20:15 - Nov 15 by Superblue95

That may well turn out to be the case but it doesn't mean that the Republic will necessarily want to regain control of the north if push came to shove.

It’s not about control. Unity isn’t about one part controlling another.

It’s a preference not to unite. I’d vote against a united ireland.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 21:44]

fka omuircheartaigh

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 22:01 - Nov 15 with 1904 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 19:14 - Nov 15 by No9

Indeed and that leads to the potential to reignite "the troubles". It is one reason why it is highly undesirable.

This argument was repeated many times during the referendum campaign. It was repeatedly dismissed as scaremongering and project fear.

People I know who voted leave have said to me "I thought we would just be in one day and out the next. I didn't expect it to be complicated."

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 22:40 - Nov 15 with 1866 viewsVic

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 22:01 - Nov 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed and that leads to the potential to reignite "the troubles". It is one reason why it is highly undesirable.

This argument was repeated many times during the referendum campaign. It was repeatedly dismissed as scaremongering and project fear.

People I know who voted leave have said to me "I thought we would just be in one day and out the next. I didn't expect it to be complicated."

I voted out. For one reason or another hot question of the Irish border, though obviously mentioned, didn’t resonate as a major problem at all. (Probably because I wasn’t inclined to listen to those who said it would be problem, simply because they said everything would be a disaster - recession, unemployment up, etc. They weee wrong, and I’m still not convinced they will happen even with a no deal which looks likely.

But neither did I think it would be easy or cost free. I’ve always assumed we’d be worse off financially, and always believed the EU would put every obstacle possible in the way of us leaving.

So far I’ve been right on both counts!

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 22:51 - Nov 15 with 1848 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What happens to the Irish border if we end up with a no deal scenario? (n/t) on 22:40 - Nov 15 by Vic

I voted out. For one reason or another hot question of the Irish border, though obviously mentioned, didn’t resonate as a major problem at all. (Probably because I wasn’t inclined to listen to those who said it would be problem, simply because they said everything would be a disaster - recession, unemployment up, etc. They weee wrong, and I’m still not convinced they will happen even with a no deal which looks likely.

But neither did I think it would be easy or cost free. I’ve always assumed we’d be worse off financially, and always believed the EU would put every obstacle possible in the way of us leaving.

So far I’ve been right on both counts!

So you were right that it would not be good but don't believe any of those who suggested how bad it might get (including the experts).

Can I ask, what especially is so great about leaving?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024