Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To quote HarryFromBath 09:19 - Nov 29 with 2792 viewsCoco

“Owners relegate clubs”

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:23 - Nov 29 with 2782 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apart from our saviour, of course. As we all know that there was no other potential owner out there amongst the other 7.5 billion people on the planet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:29 - Nov 29 with 2755 viewspeterleeblue

Agreed Evans Out!
To quote HarryFromBath on 09:40 - Nov 29 with 2735 viewsGuthrum

Altho I don't see how he is directly responsible for this specific crisis.

He didn't rehire the bloke who was going nowhere and upsetting the fans, he brought in a young and up-coming manager and let him spend a fair chunk of the profits from players who left.

It wasn't Evans who bought too many lower division players (albeit decent ones) at once, who had difficulty developing an effective tactical approach, who lost his nerve and then the plot with selections. Indeed, it was Evans who put a stop to that and managed to hire someone decent to try to sort things out.

In broader terms, it wasn't Evans who proposed and voted for ever increasing parachute payments, who made FFP toothless, who caused inflation by spending wildly on transfers (at least not after the first year or two).

His only real crime seems to have been getting left behind in the Championship crazy spending spree.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:42 - Nov 29 with 2719 viewsportmanking

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:40 - Nov 29 by Guthrum

He didn't rehire the bloke who was going nowhere and upsetting the fans, he brought in a young and up-coming manager and let him spend a fair chunk of the profits from players who left.

It wasn't Evans who bought too many lower division players (albeit decent ones) at once, who had difficulty developing an effective tactical approach, who lost his nerve and then the plot with selections. Indeed, it was Evans who put a stop to that and managed to hire someone decent to try to sort things out.

In broader terms, it wasn't Evans who proposed and voted for ever increasing parachute payments, who made FFP toothless, who caused inflation by spending wildly on transfers (at least not after the first year or two).

His only real crime seems to have been getting left behind in the Championship crazy spending spree.

His real crime is pig-headedly holding on to the club for too long. A decade to forget.
To quote HarryFromBath on 09:45 - Nov 29 with 2708 viewsLankHenners

It ultimately comes back to him - Hurst was way out of his depth and needed a guiding hand which Evans didn't provide and so was left to burn the house down. Hurst has ruined this club this season but he was allowed to do it because he didn't have anyone to stop him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:45 - Nov 29 with 2704 viewschicoazul

He appoints the Manager, he makes the decisions, he sets the budget and communicates the priorities. His record is one of straight-forward incompetence again and again. Of course he is directly responsible.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:47 - Nov 29 with 2699 viewstractorboy1978

I've never criticised him for the money side of things as others have. My beef is with what i perceive as a general lack of care/oversight and not learning from mistakes. He let Keane rip the heart out of the club and has stood back and let Hurst do similar. This after he had outlined a clear plan in his albeit scripted interview that made some sense - by all accounts it was pretty clear early on Hurst was barely ticking any of the boxes.
To quote HarryFromBath on 09:51 - Nov 29 with 2666 viewsBlueRaider

I think you are bang on Guthrum, the problem is the money and spending elsewhere

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Login to get fewer ads

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:55 - Nov 29 with 2652 viewspennblue

He is responsible because his continued lack of investment in the playing squad has left us unable to compete in this league.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:58 - Nov 29 with 2635 viewsSuperfrans

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:42 - Nov 29 by portmanking

His real crime is pig-headedly holding on to the club for too long. A decade to forget.

"Holding on to the club"?

I haven't seen too many people (anybody?) beating down his door to take over the club. Have you?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:58 - Nov 29 with 2639 viewsDyland

Well he didn't personally oversee the Hurst squad destruction, which means he's not directly culpable but at the same time he is for allowing it to happen. He's the owner and boss and the buck stops with him. Had it easy with McCarthy overseeing everything and allowing him to be hands off. I don't think he gives a hoot about ITFC and would love to be shot of it.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:59 - Nov 29 with 2627 viewsGuthrum

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:55 - Nov 29 by pennblue

He is responsible because his continued lack of investment in the playing squad has left us unable to compete in this league.

But we were competing (mid table) in this division - spending less money - until we got a manager who appeared to know what he was doing but actually didn't.

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:04 - Nov 29 with 2595 viewsportmanking

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:58 - Nov 29 by Superfrans

"Holding on to the club"?

I haven't seen too many people (anybody?) beating down his door to take over the club. Have you?

*Sigh*

Phil has repeatedly said ME has flatly turned down 2-3 offers without any kind of negotiation.

The guy wants to sell us on HIS terms, but he's let the club drift into such dire straits that he'll never be able to recoup enough of his investment. As I've said elsewhere on the board, Evans is doing the club, the town and the county a monumental disservice right now.
To quote HarryFromBath on 10:06 - Nov 29 with 2590 viewschicoazul

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:59 - Nov 29 by Guthrum

But we were competing (mid table) in this division - spending less money - until we got a manager who appeared to know what he was doing but actually didn't.

A Manager headhunted and appointed by who?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:07 - Nov 29 with 2578 viewsGuthrum

To quote HarryFromBath on 09:45 - Nov 29 by chicoazul

He appoints the Manager, he makes the decisions, he sets the budget and communicates the priorities. His record is one of straight-forward incompetence again and again. Of course he is directly responsible.

How predictable was Hurst losing the plot? He had an excellent pedigree and obviously interviewed well.

Of his other hirings, Jewell (initially) got us out of Keane's mire, McCarthy saved us from relegation, kept us up on a tight budget for six years and even gave us a run to the play-offs, Lambert seems a pretty decent selection, too. The only dire mistake was Keane (who also came with a good record from his previous job).

And I think with making decisions and setting priorities, he prefers to leave the footballing side of that to his managers. Interfering owners are not necessarily a good thing, either.

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:08 - Nov 29 with 2571 viewsSuperfrans

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:04 - Nov 29 by portmanking

*Sigh*

Phil has repeatedly said ME has flatly turned down 2-3 offers without any kind of negotiation.

The guy wants to sell us on HIS terms, but he's let the club drift into such dire straits that he'll never be able to recoup enough of his investment. As I've said elsewhere on the board, Evans is doing the club, the town and the county a monumental disservice right now.

Where and when has Phil said this?

Evans has actually received 2-3 offers?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:11 - Nov 29 with 2558 viewschicoazul

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:07 - Nov 29 by Guthrum

How predictable was Hurst losing the plot? He had an excellent pedigree and obviously interviewed well.

Of his other hirings, Jewell (initially) got us out of Keane's mire, McCarthy saved us from relegation, kept us up on a tight budget for six years and even gave us a run to the play-offs, Lambert seems a pretty decent selection, too. The only dire mistake was Keane (who also came with a good record from his previous job).

And I think with making decisions and setting priorities, he prefers to leave the footballing side of that to his managers. Interfering owners are not necessarily a good thing, either.

Jewell was useless, Keane was useless, Hurst was useless, Clegg was useless. The one time we had a good Manager (remains to be seen about Lambert although I believe he is excellent) Evans didnt give him anything to play with. He sold Mings for all that money and Evans made the catastrophic decision not to give him any of it. But then of course he gave Hurst 6m to spend. Imagine the damage Mick could have done with 6m?
Evans is useless and entirely to blame. It's literally his job to predict exactly that.

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:13 - Nov 29 with 2553 viewsGuthrum

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:06 - Nov 29 by chicoazul

A Manager headhunted and appointed by who?

A manager with a pedigree of success at every previous club. The kind of up-coming talent everyone was crying out for. What was not to like?

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:15 - Nov 29 with 2543 viewschicoazul

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:13 - Nov 29 by Guthrum

A manager with a pedigree of success at every previous club. The kind of up-coming talent everyone was crying out for. What was not to like?

Your intent to absolve the Owner of the club of any blame at all for the many many useless decisions he has made is so weird. If the Hurst appointment was a one off mistake you might have a point.

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:16 - Nov 29 with 2541 viewsportmanking

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:08 - Nov 29 by Superfrans

Where and when has Phil said this?

Evans has actually received 2-3 offers?

He has said it repeatedly on here over the course of the last 1-2 years.
To quote HarryFromBath on 10:17 - Nov 29 with 2537 viewstractorboy1978

To quote HarryFromBath on 10:07 - Nov 29 by Guthrum

Owners that struggle to make decisions decisively enough aren't a good thing either though. All 4 of the managers he appointed previously were here too long. Jewell basically resigned and wasn't even sacked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024