Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knudsen, Roberts and Spence 10:24 - Dec 16 with 2171 viewsBluefish

Lots of people still focussing on these 3 despite the win. It is quite simple really. They are all the best that we currently have available in playing in the positions that they are playing. Going on about it won't change that and it is pretty obvious that at least 2 if not all 3 will be replaced soon. Roberts definitely in January and Jonas at least at the end of the season but again possibly in January. Let's just get behind the team.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 11:03 - Dec 16 with 2079 viewsBasuco

That is very harsh on all three who all had good games yesterday, but many are comparing the fullbacks against Cresswell, Mings and Chambo, it is a difficult position to fill. Roberts does look isolated much of the time but at least we kept a clean sheet.
Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 11:06 - Dec 16 with 2061 viewsBluefish

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 11:03 - Dec 16 by Basuco

That is very harsh on all three who all had good games yesterday, but many are comparing the fullbacks against Cresswell, Mings and Chambo, it is a difficult position to fill. Roberts does look isolated much of the time but at least we kept a clean sheet.

No intention to criticise them, Roberts will be replaced because he is covering there and PL will want a true striker. Jonas will be replaced because he is leaving on a free in the summer. I still think Spence can be a good player. Not easy finding 6 foot plus fill backs that can get up and down. Our current side lacks height

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 11:24 - Dec 16 with 2032 viewsitfc48

We've seen in the past that Spence and Knudsen can be decent players at this level however at the moment they're both struggling. Last few games I've watched they've both been poor with their decision making and their execution. Chamber and Pennington are really having to work overtime at the moment.

Roberts for all his endeavour simply isn't a championship player or a striker for that matter. I remember we had a breakaway at 1-0 with Freddie in acres of space on the left, Edwards storming down the right and he chose to run at the defender at got tackled.
Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 14:39 - Dec 16 with 1891 viewsdavblue

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 11:03 - Dec 16 by Basuco

Sorry but Knudsen was awful yesterday. Positionally awful and he was hiding yesterday he looked so uneas.

I don’t mind him as a player but think his time is coming to an end here.
Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 14:58 - Dec 16 with 1871 viewsDarth_Koont

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 14:39 - Dec 16 by davblue

Sorry but Knudsen was awful yesterday. Positionally awful and he was hiding yesterday he looked so uneas.

Eh? How did he hide?

Pronouns: He/Him

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:01 - Dec 16 with 1862 viewsBluefish

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 14:58 - Dec 16 by Darth_Koont

Eh? How did he hide?

He was laying down behind the advertising boards

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:04 - Dec 16 with 1856 viewsGeoffSentence

Eh? How did he hide?

He didn't. He was fully involved throughout.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:21 - Dec 16 with 1816 viewsdavblue

Eh? How did he hide?

hiding from taking the ball.

He wasn't going by the touchline either.
Login to get fewer ads

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:33 - Dec 16 with 1797 viewsFartman

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 14:39 - Dec 16 by davblue

I don't think being at the end of cruel words from your own supporters boost the player's confidence...

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:34 - Dec 16 with 1794 viewsDarth_Koont

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:21 - Dec 16 by davblue

hiding from taking the ball.

He wasn't going by the touchline either.

Yes, he was. He dropped inside a little bit more when Garner came on.

Pronouns: He/Him

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:35 - Dec 16 with 1799 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:04 - Dec 16 by GeoffSentence

He didn't. He was fully involved throughout.

There was a shocking comment from Mick Mills (loved him as a player but he was an awful manager and speaks as a pundit as if he managed like Jose Mourinho once did). He said Knudsen was out of position because he was afraid to go near the crowd because he would be booed by them. That was a disgraceful comment from him.

I think the issue is that under MM our full backs were drilled to tuck in under a defensive system where the wide midfield players had a lot of defensive responsibility. They have still have not adapted to the role they should now be playing with a more attacking shape to the side. It doesn't help that our attack is so weak that the ball comes back at them without that extra defensive support. The issue is not just with the full backs but with the way the whole back line and the midfield understand their role and work together. We no longer have the solidity we once did under MM and 3 of the back 4 were here under MM.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:35 - Dec 16 with 1797 viewsTrequartista

Well it isn't simple really, because although you have a point in saying that Knudsen and Spence are the best full-backs we have, they are totally out of form, and so Donacien and Kenlock may deserve to replace them. Bart is a better keeper than Gerken but was correctly dropped for Gerken.

Roberts is hopeless though, you've got nothing with that one.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:43 - Dec 16 with 1782 viewsBluefish

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:35 - Dec 16 by Trequartista

Well it isn't simple really, because although you have a point in saying that Knudsen and Spence are the best full-backs we have, they are totally out of form, and so Donacien and Kenlock may deserve to replace them. Bart is a better keeper than Gerken but was correctly dropped for Gerken.

Roberts is hopeless though, you've got nothing with that one.

I think Spence played well at Forest and was ok at stoke. By the sound of it he did well yesterday too so can't really say he is out of form. Knudsen is better than kenlock and PL has said he doesn't see Donacien at a full back. We would not be better with kenlock ahead of Knudsen in any way, we would also be very exposed from set prices again without Spence and Jonas

Ibdont understand your Roberts comment

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 16:00 - Dec 16 with 1751 viewsArnieM

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:35 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

There was a shocking comment from Mick Mills (loved him as a player but he was an awful manager and speaks as a pundit as if he managed like Jose Mourinho once did). He said Knudsen was out of position because he was afraid to go near the crowd because he would be booed by them. That was a disgraceful comment from him.

I think the issue is that under MM our full backs were drilled to tuck in under a defensive system where the wide midfield players had a lot of defensive responsibility. They have still have not adapted to the role they should now be playing with a more attacking shape to the side. It doesn't help that our attack is so weak that the ball comes back at them without that extra defensive support. The issue is not just with the full backs but with the way the whole back line and the midfield understand their role and work together. We no longer have the solidity we once did under MM and 3 of the back 4 were here under MM.

I’d suggest that the defence is being found out because they don’t have don’t have 6 other defensively drilled “first , second and last” players sat infront of them, as they did under McCarthy.

If you have virtually a whole team of defensively drilled players working as a defensive unit first and foremost, of course they are hard to break down. That’s what McCarthy was very good at, both for Eire and Town. But there comes a point where playing with such an ethos, even at home,
becomes so bloody boring.

A defender should be able to defend. The modern full gets forward AND defends. Ours can’t do this. It’s that simple.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 16:19 - Dec 16 with 1710 viewsdavblue

Knudsen, Roberts and Spence on 15:33 - Dec 16 by Fartman

I don't think being at the end of cruel words from your own supporters boost the player's confidence...

I’m not being cruel....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024