Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so boyos did anyone watch 09:12 - Jan 8 with 8136 viewschicoazul

Brexit An Uncivil War last night? To me it felt like a lower budget British version of The Big Short. Not that that is a bad thing as I enjoyed it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:22 - Jan 8 with 2685 viewsBluefish

I have recorded it. My wife voted leave though and we have blazing rows regularly about it. Absolutely no chance we will get to even half way watching it together

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:23 - Jan 8 with 2676 viewsLord_Lucan

What was it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:24 - Jan 8 with 2659 viewsGlasgowBlue

Did any of the remain characters mention the Irish border in the dramatisation?

If not then it’s an accurate portrayal.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:25 - Jan 8 with 2652 viewschicoazul

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:23 - Jan 8 by Lord_Lucan

What was it?

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/brexit-the-uncivil-war

A docu-drama style programme about the official Leave campaign.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:25 - Jan 8 with 2649 viewschicoazul

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:24 - Jan 8 by GlasgowBlue

Not a one from memory.

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:25 - Jan 8 with 2650 viewsBluefish

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:24 - Jan 8 by GlasgowBlue

I watched a clip the other day from pre referendum where theresa villiers completely dismissed it as any sort of issue when it was put to her

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:28 - Jan 8 with 2638 viewslowhouseblue

i thought it was good - though cumberbatch hammed it up rather a lot. it was disrespectful to everyone but also treated the leave side's arguments with appropriate respect.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:29 - Jan 8 with 2625 viewsgiant_stow

Entertaining stuff, but I thought farage was disrespected as a clown.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:31 - Jan 8 with 2617 viewschicoazul

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:28 - Jan 8 by lowhouseblue

i thought it was good - though cumberbatch hammed it up rather a lot. it was disrespectful to everyone but also treated the leave side's arguments with appropriate respect.

I read a review this morning that criticised it for being unrealistic, as the working class people portrayed in it were far too informed and articulate. In the Guardian naturally. The media and political elite of this country truly will never learn.

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:32 - Jan 8 with 2610 viewslowhouseblue

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:31 - Jan 8 by chicoazul

I read a review this morning that criticised it for being unrealistic, as the working class people portrayed in it were far too informed and articulate. In the Guardian naturally. The media and political elite of this country truly will never learn.

yes until the liberal left come up with an explanation for the referendum which doesn't involve leave voters being thick we'll never get past this.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:34 - Jan 8 with 2596 viewsBluefish

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:29 - Jan 8 by giant_stow

Erm....

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:35 - Jan 8 with 2582 viewschicoazul

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:29 - Jan 8 by giant_stow

Hmmm. I thought he was portrayed in a fairly favourable light particularly when he was saying how he has spent his life fighting for Leave.

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:35 - Jan 8 with 2578 viewsMattinLondon

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:32 - Jan 8 by lowhouseblue

yes until the liberal left come up with an explanation for the referendum which doesn't involve leave voters being thick we'll never get past this.

Is any other explanation needed?
so boyos did anyone watch on 09:35 - Jan 8 with 2577 viewsBluefish

Can you explain trump voters not being thick? Or x factor voters/viewers As not being thick?

Why paint a different picture. Most are thick, others were played like absolute puppets and still believe it all now

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:36 - Jan 8 with 2570 viewsBlueBadger

Oh come on, you've got to question the intelligence of anyone convinced of an argument by Chairman Nige, Boris and Gorgeous George.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:36 - Jan 8 with 2569 viewsBlueBadger

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:35 - Jan 8 by MattinLondon

Is any other explanation needed?

Some were thick, some hate foreigners and some were thick AND hate foreigners?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:37 - Jan 8 with 2564 viewsgiant_stow

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:31 - Jan 8 by chicoazul

I read that review - was she chatting about the focus group scene? That just seemed hammy, more than anything, especially that blonde actress.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:37 - Jan 8 with 2559 viewslowhouseblue

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:35 - Jan 8 by Bluefish

Can you explain trump voters not being thick? Or x factor voters/viewers As not being thick?

Why paint a different picture. Most are thick, others were played like absolute puppets and still believe it all now

and that's my point proved.

and yes I can explain why people voted for trump without them all being thick or racist.

the left's contempt for the working class is a defining feature of our age.

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:39 - Jan 8 with 2546 viewsBluefish

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:37 - Jan 8 by lowhouseblue

and that's my point proved.

and yes I can explain why people voted for trump without them all being thick or racist.

the left's contempt for the working class is a defining feature of our age.

Yep and the fact that they hate foreign people as per the campaign themes

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:39 - Jan 8 with 2546 viewschicoazul

That isnt the point, at least it's not mine. You can *think* that but you can no longer *say* that or work on that basis, if you are one of the people I am referring to; the people who run the liberal media & politics in this country. The programme did an excellent job when it featured a woman having basically a break down in a focus group over being accused of racism by two metropolitan coloured women. It was very similar to something I see online, here, and IRL quite often.

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:39 - Jan 8 with 2544 viewsgiant_stow

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:34 - Jan 8 by Bluefish

Erm....

He's got skill, no matter whether you respect him.

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:41 - Jan 8 with 2527 viewschicoazul

No wonder your wife tried to set you up with a working girl on the tube the other week if this is what you think about her.

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:42 - Jan 8 with 2522 viewsBluefish

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:39 - Jan 8 by giant_stow

He's got skill, no matter whether you respect him.

Plenty of con men crooks and predators have skill at manipulation but i dont respect them.

The way farage played the public is shameful. He knew exactly the buttons to press and had no shame at all in spinning lies and hate

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:42 - Jan 8 with 2518 viewsgiant_stow

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:35 - Jan 8 by chicoazul

Hmmm. I thought he was portrayed in a fairly favourable light particularly when he was saying how he has spent his life fighting for Leave.

Maybe in terms of his motivation, but not in terms of his effect on the outcome, I guess because it didn't fit with the film's thesis that Cummins is the genius that won it.

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:43 - Jan 8 with 2506 viewsBluefish

so boyos did anyone watch on 09:41 - Jan 8 by chicoazul

No wonder your wife tried to set you up with a working girl on the tube the other week if this is what you think about her.

She is in the played like an absolute puppet category and I have told her many times. Not sure why we argue about it so often though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024