Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? 16:22 - Feb 14 with 4486 viewsBluefish

Those in the North that sing could move with them and those that don't sing can remain in the middle of section 5

It was great in with them last night but none of the noise reached the away fans and it doesnt spread across the SBR

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:26 - Feb 14 with 3619 viewsTractorCam

That is never going to happen.

What should happen is they move the away fans to the other end of the Cobbold. This ridiculous motion about 'close to the train station' when you have all the fans flocking from the Sir Alf stand is a rubbish reason by the police.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:28 - Feb 14 with 3611 viewsSuperfrans

Wrong thread...
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 16:28]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:29 - Feb 14 with 3590 viewsITFC_Forever

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:26 - Feb 14 by TractorCam

What should happen is they move the away fans to the other end of the Cobbold. This ridiculous motion about 'close to the train station' when you have all the fans flocking from the Sir Alf stand is a rubbish reason by the police.

But it is the nearest part of the ground to the station.

And why would the club / police want to create more work for themselves by moving the away fans to the north end of the Cobbold?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:31 - Feb 14 with 3579 viewsBluefish

Why? They just order tickets in a different stand and job done. Derby moved their singing lot to the south stand and it worked a treat. Everyone knew they were starting again with a singing section. The SAR also has Legends and an outdoor area so it is a much better stand.

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:33 - Feb 14 with 3561 viewsTractorCam

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:29 - Feb 14 by ITFC_Forever

And why would the club / police want to create more work for themselves by moving the away fans to the north end of the Cobbold?

Because it has no difference what so ever, other than a whole 60 second longer walk.

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:34 - Feb 14 with 3555 viewsBluefish

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:29 - Feb 14 by ITFC_Forever

That is fine and I see their point so why not just move our lot. I also understand the old school north boys don't want to move from where they have always been so blue action can move and then everyone has a choice

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:34 - Feb 14 with 3553 viewsTractorCam

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:31 - Feb 14 by Bluefish

Why? They just order tickets in a different stand and job done. Derby moved their singing lot to the south stand and it worked a treat. Everyone knew they were starting again with a singing section. The SAR also has Legends and an outdoor area so it is a much better stand.

Suppose it's more of a tradition thing, not sure you'd be able to relocate everyone from that stand into the north for example.

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:35 - Feb 14 with 3543 viewsBluefish

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:34 - Feb 14 by TractorCam

Suppose it's more of a tradition thing, not sure you'd be able to relocate everyone from that stand into the north for example.

There is plenty of room in that stand to not need to relocate people

Login to get fewer ads

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:39 - Feb 14 with 3520 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Always said the same. Would make a hell of an atmosphere if you put away fans next to the noisy lot.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:40 - Feb 14 with 3512 viewsFixed_It

Why would they move the away fans? They would then have two stands of fans to pass on their way back to the station after a match. What is in it for the Club to move them?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:44 - Feb 14 with 3485 viewsFixed_It

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:33 - Feb 14 by TractorCam

Because it has no difference what so ever, other than a whole 60 second longer walk.

I'm guessing that there would be costs involved for a start, making a self-contained concourse with facilities etc. That knocks that idea on the head straight away, irrespective of other valid reasons for keeping them where they are.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:45 - Feb 14 with 3484 viewsReuser_is_God

Disagree.

I can kind of see your point but often when you have singing sections of home fans next to away fans it just ends up in ‘you could’ve come in a taxi’ tit for tat nonsense.

If anything Blue Action have proven that you don’t need to be near the away fans to get our singing section rocking.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:46 - Feb 14 with 3471 viewsSlambo

It's a good point, and we had thought about it, but obviously we're still growing and we'd need to guarantee that we could take 50-60 over there to make it viable; there's also the issue of the people already there. You'd think it would be a straighforward case of relocating the small numbers into other parts of the stand, but you know what people are like. We're already finding resistance in the tentative enquiries we've made about moving to the middle of the North...

The irony is the club would be MORE likely to sanction making a space for us in the Alf rather than move the away fans down towards the Bobby, even though that would be the safer option. It's a minefield mate. Once we've got consistently strong numbers, and have a bit more clout, we'll start exploring other options. Baby steps an all that...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:53 - Feb 14 with 3422 viewsITFC_Forever

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:33 - Feb 14 by TractorCam

Do you not think there's more likelihood of trouble from the Town fans if the SBR fans exit the ground straight in to the away following?

And that's before you get involved in the fact the current away section has purpose-built facilities, using the old Portman Shop as a bar etc.

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:58 - Feb 14 with 3400 viewsITFC_Forever

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:45 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

Disagree.

I can kind of see your point but often when you have singing sections of home fans next to away fans it just ends up in ‘you could’ve come in a taxi’ tit for tat nonsense.

If anything Blue Action have proven that you don’t need to be near the away fans to get our singing section rocking.

The second bit nails it.... it's not about the away fans, it's about our fans.

Blue Action have proved that away fans are not a big factor, we can make enough of a noise on our own without worrying about what the opponent's fans are doing.

I do sympathise with Blue Action trying to move to the middle, but the trouble is, most of block 5 is made up ST holders who have been in place since it was made all-seater in 1992.
All these people would once have been the heart and soul of the North Stand, but a number would be well in to their 60s and past all that, but still like their regular view.

I personally sit in block 5, roughly in-line with where the six yard line meets the goal-line on the Cobbold Stand side of the pitch, and sometimes you have the section 5 that do sing, singing a different song to section 6.
(although if S6 could knock that rubbish "Tractor Boys, gonna make some noise" dross on the head, that would be great).

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 17:04 - Feb 14 with 3371 viewsBluefish

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 16:58 - Feb 14 by ITFC_Forever

The second bit nails it.... it's not about the away fans, it's about our fans.

Blue Action have proved that away fans are not a big factor, we can make enough of a noise on our own without worrying about what the opponent's fans are doing.

I do sympathise with Blue Action trying to move to the middle, but the trouble is, most of block 5 is made up ST holders who have been in place since it was made all-seater in 1992.
All these people would once have been the heart and soul of the North Stand, but a number would be well in to their 60s and past all that, but still like their regular view.

I personally sit in block 5, roughly in-line with where the six yard line meets the goal-line on the Cobbold Stand side of the pitch, and sometimes you have the section 5 that do sing, singing a different song to section 6.
(although if S6 could knock that rubbish "Tractor Boys, gonna make some noise" dross on the head, that would be great).

I like that song it is far better than the only song section 5 have....give an I

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 17:19 - Feb 14 with 3334 viewsITFC_Forever

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 17:04 - Feb 14 by Bluefish

I like that song it is far better than the only song section 5 have....give an I

That's not the only song block 5 have at all I'll have you know!!!

Now if someone from Blue Action reading this could re-introduce "Ipswich" to the tune of Amazing Grace, I think that's one we can all agree on.

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 17:34 - Feb 14 with 3280 viewsReuser_is_God

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 17:19 - Feb 14 by ITFC_Forever

Now if someone from Blue Action reading this could re-introduce "Ipswich" to the tune of Amazing Grace, I think that's one we can all agree on.

Think we sung that a bit on the pub Sunday.

My memory of that day is t great though so could be wrong.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 18:14 - Feb 14 with 3179 viewsOxford_Blue

For 40 years or so the away fans were housed in the far end of the north, the furthest possible from the train station. This was when hooliganism was at its height and many fans traveled by train plus away followings were larger as terracing tickets were cheaper.

Norwich do it now and it’s fine.

It would greatly help the atmosphere.

When Leeds come it will be like that.
Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 18:38 - Feb 14 with 3106 viewsBlue_Order

There’s also the issue of standing - the club obviously turn a blind eye to it in the North Stand, but I can’t see them allowing it in the Churchmans too.
Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 18:41 - Feb 14 with 3094 viewsGeminiblue

I guess ideally we need Blue Action to have a presence in both/all stands. The sound doesn’t carry that well across from north to south stands and usually the efforts of South Stand are drowned out by away supporters too.
Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 18:42 - Feb 14 with 3089 viewsBluefish

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 18:38 - Feb 14 by Blue_Order

There’s also the issue of standing - the club obviously turn a blind eye to it in the North Stand, but I can’t see them allowing it in the Churchmans too.

Cant see it being an issue and Paul would write them a letter

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 18:56 - Feb 14 with 3036 viewsFixed_It

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 17:19 - Feb 14 by ITFC_Forever

Totally agree. Such a great sound when the whole ground used to sing it back in the day.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 08:26 - Feb 15 with 2717 viewstextbackup

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 17:34 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

Think we sung that a bit on the pub Sunday.

My memory of that day is t great though so could be wrong.

you me and 3 others sang it...... the rest looked at us like aliens, then sung about delia and mash potato..... so we gave up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 08:33 - Feb 15 with 2686 viewsITFC_Forever

Why don't Blue Action move to the Churchmans? on 18:14 - Feb 14 by Oxford_Blue

For 40 years or so the away fans were housed in the far end of the north, the furthest possible from the train station. This was when hooliganism was at its height and many fans traveled by train plus away followings were larger as terracing tickets were cheaper.

Norwich do it now and it’s fine.

It would greatly help the atmosphere.

When Leeds come it will be like that.

So why do you think the away fans were moved to where they are now? To make life easier for all concerned.

Norwich don't do it at all - the away section is the first bit of the ground we come to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024