Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over to you Mr Evans 08:41 - May 6 with 5058 viewsBlue_Armee

Paul Lambert and the fans have done their bit to galvanise our great club, now it’s your turn Marcus.

Back the Manager and we could have a brilliant season next year

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Over to you Mr Evans on 08:45 - May 6 with 4564 viewsMrTown

Agree, but fear we will be let down/disappointed once more.

2 or 3 signings, maybe 1 decent, 2 others we will never of heard of.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

However ... on 08:49 - May 6 with 4555 viewsGuthrum

Expectations over the cost of that backing and the quality of players recruited will have to be adjusted for the fact we are going to be in League One.

We can't demand that the owner spends millions on good Championship-level players. For one thing, we won't need them, for another we won't be able to get them (reduced wages, dropping a level, more attractive competition) and thirdly the club's income is significantly reduced.

That is the reality of our current position.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Over to you Mr Evans on 08:51 - May 6 with 4527 viewsRegencyBlue

Agreed but, sadly, I’m not holding my breath!

From his only public pronouncement so far it doesn’t sound to me like Evans intends to change how he operates.

The next three months will tell one way or the other!
What you mean no Messi! on 08:54 - May 6 with 4510 viewsPendejo

However ... on 08:49 - May 6 by Guthrum

Expectations over the cost of that backing and the quality of players recruited will have to be adjusted for the fact we are going to be in League One.

We can't demand that the owner spends millions on good Championship-level players. For one thing, we won't need them, for another we won't be able to get them (reduced wages, dropping a level, more attractive competition) and thirdly the club's income is significantly reduced.

dammit!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

However ... on 08:54 - May 6 with 4506 viewschristiand

Yes agree with all that Guthrum, but I would actually like to see our owner show he is behind the club and be more proactive in his role. ME hasn't invested in us emotionally from day one. Lets be honest, he has been running us like a League One club for the last couple of seasons, so I can't really envisage much change. I just worry this League One arrangement will suit ME far better especially financially, he might actually be content for us to stay at that level.
[Post edited 6 May 2019 8:57]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

However ... on 08:57 - May 6 with 4477 viewsBlue_Armee

Not expecting multi millions, relevant spending to make us competitive in league 1. As we have learnt to our cost wholesale change doesn’t work, just get the quality we need in the areas the team needs strengthening

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

However ... on 08:58 - May 6 with 4455 viewsEly_Blue

However ... on 08:54 - May 6 by christiand

Yes agree with all that Guthrum, but I would actually like to see our owner show he is behind the club and be more proactive in his role. ME hasn't invested in us emotionally from day one. Lets be honest, he has been running us like a League One club for the last couple of seasons, so I can't really envisage much change. I just worry this League One arrangement will suit ME far better especially financially, he might actually be content for us to stay at that level.

The thing is that if we do have a good season in League 1 with crowds of 15k and over every week the. The chances are if we go up we will have an even stronger support in the championship than we have had in the past few seasons as the club will be on the up again

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

However ... on 09:00 - May 6 with 4447 viewsGuthrum

Don't think it's sustainable for very long. Attendance numbers will start to drop sharply if, after a season or two, we're not making a strong effort to get back up. Plus we are even further from Evans being able to reduce the overall debt to him, which can only happen in the Prem.

Login to get fewer ads

However ... on 09:01 - May 6 with 4432 viewsMrTown

When you take the Town job you a probably made aware of the constraints. PL must be confident enough to be looking in the free agent market, have no problem with it, in the summer markets you can find real good deals.

Wouldn’t expect more than 100k in transfer fees to be spent this summer.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

However ... on 09:03 - May 6 with 4423 viewsGuthrum

However ... on 08:57 - May 6 by Blue_Armee

Not expecting multi millions, relevant spending to make us competitive in league 1. As we have learnt to our cost wholesale change doesn’t work, just get the quality we need in the areas the team needs strengthening

Agree. A few L1 quality additions, not wholesale renovation.

However ... on 09:04 - May 6 with 4423 viewsRegencyBlue

One thing is for sure Evans got very lucky with Lambert being so good at PR. It could have been really messy otherwise.

Having said that the current feel good factor will only take us so far before the reality of our relentless decline under Evans kicks in again if he doesn’t do something different.
However ... on 09:07 - May 6 with 4393 viewschristiand

However ... on 08:58 - May 6 by Ely_Blue

The thing is that if we do have a good season in League 1 with crowds of 15k and over every week the. The chances are if we go up we will have an even stronger support in the championship than we have had in the past few seasons as the club will be on the up again

I'm one of those that is really hoping that this step backwards into League One will ultimately result in two going forwards. Nevertheless, ME's whole time here has been littered with errors of judgement or bad decisions. He just isn't an owner that 'thinks outside the box', just plenty of penny pinching. Relegation allows him to have that excuse again and a lesser level of investment. To me, he just doesn't really want us to be successful as it's going to come out of his pocket to do it. If we had an owner that was emotionally connected to the club they'd be more concerned in wanting to see the club be successful on and off the pitch. Even after 12 years of his ownership, he still appears detached.

However ... on 09:08 - May 6 with 4372 viewsstrikalite

However ... on 09:01 - May 6 by MrTown

When you take the Town job you a probably made aware of the constraints. PL must be confident enough to be looking in the free agent market, have no problem with it, in the summer markets you can find real good deals.

Yep it'll have to be free transfers, if they're any good though we'll have to compete with wages, another stumbling block now, forget spending £1m on a player because unlike last summer we haven't got a single player who'll now raise decent funds to provide that..
However ... on 09:11 - May 6 with 4342 viewschristiand

However ... on 09:04 - May 6 by RegencyBlue

One thing is for sure Evans got very lucky with Lambert being so good at PR. It could have been really messy otherwise.

Having said that the current feel good factor will only take us so far before the reality of our relentless decline under Evans kicks in again if he doesn’t do something different.

and that's where as an owner he needs to step up instead of hiding behind his manager. PL has certainly done him a 'huge' favour since coming in, it's taken the heat off him and his lack of investment in our playing squad. We're where we are because of ME and his mismanagement.

However ... on 09:17 - May 6 with 4301 viewsRegencyBlue

However ... on 09:11 - May 6 by christiand

and that's where as an owner he needs to step up instead of hiding behind his manager. PL has certainly done him a 'huge' favour since coming in, it's taken the heat off him and his lack of investment in our playing squad. We're where we are because of ME and his mismanagement.

Completely agree. Evans must be made of Teflon because nothing seems to stick to him!
However ... on 09:23 - May 6 with 4255 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

However ... on 09:01 - May 6 by MrTown

Nothing wrong with cheap fees if the scouting is right.

Wage budget is probably more important than fee's.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

However ... on 09:39 - May 6 with 4171 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stating the obvious.

Bring on next season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Over to you Mr Evans on 09:39 - May 6 with 4175 viewsBluefish

What are you expecting exactly? He already props us up and now our tv income has taken a huge hit and he has lowered ticket prices. If you are expecting to spend money on fees i think you need to have a rethink into how football works.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Over to you Mr Evans on 09:40 - May 6 with 4159 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Over to you Mr Evans on 08:51 - May 6 by RegencyBlue

Agreed but, sadly, I’m not holding my breath!

From his only public pronouncement so far it doesn’t sound to me like Evans intends to change how he operates.

The next three months will tell one way or the other!

He doesn't need to change his business model too much, what does need to improve is the judgement and scouting of players.

Over to you Mr Evans on 09:43 - May 6 with 4125 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Over to you Mr Evans on 09:39 - May 6 by Bluefish

What are you expecting exactly? He already props us up and now our tv income has taken a huge hit and he has lowered ticket prices. If you are expecting to spend money on fees i think you need to have a rethink into how football works.

Transfer fees are best avoided, a good free transfer is much better.

For some reason fans would rather pay as much as possible for a player.

I can't think of many of Evans' 'big money' signings that worked out. Our best signings have been the freebies or low fees.

Money is better spent on wages.

Over to you Mr Evans on 09:46 - May 6 with 4107 viewsBlue_Armee

Over to you Mr Evans on 09:39 - May 6 by Bluefish

As mentioned earlier a few good quality signings in the right areas to make us competitive.

The best way for Evans to get the TV money back is to get back to the championship

Over to you Mr Evans on 09:52 - May 6 with 4092 viewsBluefish

Over to you Mr Evans on 09:43 - May 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

I can't think of many of Evans' 'big money' signings that worked out. Our best signings have been the freebies or low fees.

The type that are told to celebrate record transfer windows

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Over to you Mr Evans on 09:57 - May 6 with 4079 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Agree completely. We've been pretty woeful in our scouting and judgement of signings. The right players are there for frees and low fees.

But the best ones will command a good wage, and he'll have to back that up with decent clauses in the event of promotion.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Over to you Mr Evans on 10:18 - May 6 with 3998 viewsfloridaboy

Totally agree. Pukki is the example. Pretty sure PL has his targets both here and abroad. If our promoted friends can get frees or cheap players why the hell cant we.
However ... on 11:30 - May 6 with 3864 viewsGuthrum

However ... on 09:39 - May 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Stating the obvious.

Bring on next season.

The obvious, yes. But feel it needs stating.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024