Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton tomorrow then 09:54 - Aug 23 with 2516 viewsMullet

Can't say I'm relishing it. It's never a nice place to go even for non-football stuff, but seeing them in dire straits won't be fun. Even after years of miserable trips there.

Given the game is likely to be expunged it all seems a little bit pointless anyway. But regardless a nice comfortable win and a few vital goals as an insurance policy is essential. How many of the 4k are we taking? Can't imagine it's smoke bombs and banners territory is it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bolton tomorrow then on 09:59 - Aug 23 with 2463 viewsPJH

I would guess that we are taking about 20% of the 4k.

It is weird because as you say whatever happens tomorrow might not be relevant later in the season but all we should worry about is getting the win, just in case it counts.

I feel very sorry for their supporters( and employees), I had a chat with one of them there in April and things have probably got even worse for them since then.
Bolton tomorrow then on 10:04 - Aug 23 with 2432 viewsitfc_bucks

Bolton tomorrow then on 09:59 - Aug 23 by PJH

I would guess that we are taking about 20% of the 4k.

It is weird because as you say whatever happens tomorrow might not be relevant later in the season but all we should worry about is getting the win, just in case it counts.

I feel very sorry for their supporters( and employees), I had a chat with one of them there in April and things have probably got even worse for them since then.

Don't like Bolton, have never liked Bolton - I don't want their club to fold, but I do want them to have a thoroughly miserable time of it.
Bolton tomorrow then on 10:09 - Aug 23 with 2404 viewsrosseden

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:04 - Aug 23 by itfc_bucks

Don't like Bolton, have never liked Bolton - I don't want their club to fold, but I do want them to have a thoroughly miserable time of it.

ive never been a massive fan either, but its a classic example of what can happen when a benefactor stops paying the bills.

If i was going, unfortunately i cant, i think its a day when we should comfortably beat them on the pitch, but show solidarity with their fans about whats actually going on there. Football is the only loser if they go under in reality......

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:20 - Aug 23 with 2348 viewsSitfcB

Ticket office said 650 tickets had been sold the other day.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:22 - Aug 23 with 2338 viewsiamipswich

I think Bolton will survive personally. Bury on the other hand...

Poll: Who will return first?

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:24 - Aug 23 with 2321 viewsKeaneish

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:20 - Aug 23 by SitfcB

Still an impressive number given the game's context.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:27 - Aug 23 with 2291 viewsMrTown

Don't like the ground, don't the trip.

3 points and get out there please.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:32 - Aug 23 with 2266 viewsitfc_bucks

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:27 - Aug 23 by MrTown

Don't like the ground, don't the trip.

3 points and get out there please.

Indeed, if ever there was a place to sing "You've got to live here, we get to go home", then Bolton would certainly be it.

I wish them nothing but ill will but club survival by the slimmest of slim margins and a season of absolute thrashings.
Login to get fewer ads

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:34 - Aug 23 with 2257 viewsSitfcB

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:24 - Aug 23 by Keaneish

Still an impressive number given the game's context.

Yup, and tickets only went on sale last Friday.

COYB

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:35 - Aug 23 with 2254 viewsSitfcB

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:20 - Aug 23 by SitfcB

Now around 700

COYB

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:46 - Aug 23 with 2210 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Get yourselves to Worsley Old Hall for a nice pre-match meal.

Fantastic pub, only 10 mins drive from the ground, in a nice area;

https://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/worsleyoldhall/

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:47 - Aug 23 with 2200 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:09 - Aug 23 by rosseden

ive never been a massive fan either, but its a classic example of what can happen when a benefactor stops paying the bills.

If i was going, unfortunately i cant, i think its a day when we should comfortably beat them on the pitch, but show solidarity with their fans about whats actually going on there. Football is the only loser if they go under in reality......

Your first sentence is particularly relevant to us I feel!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:48 - Aug 23 with 2187 viewsReuser_is_God

I hope we are utterly ruthless & smash them 5 or 6.

We've lack that ruthless streak for a while so lets take this prefect opportunity to start to get it back.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:51 - Aug 23 with 2163 viewsMoriarty

The boy stood on the burning deck when all but he had fled.

Their boys are brave. I’d wish them well. But we’ve got to be professional. Darwinism.

There is a very stark contrast between those boys and that sack of sh/t Bassini.

fka omuircheartaigh

Bolton tomorrow then on 10:53 - Aug 23 with 2166 viewshatch

I recall a 0-0 in December at Bolton a few years ago. I overheard a group of Town fan ladz asking the young lady behind the bookie counter where’s good to go out round there. ‘We’ve booked the hotel over the road, which side of the stadium are the best clubs and bars?’
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 11:03]
Bolton tomorrow then on 11:02 - Aug 23 with 2096 viewsBluebell

First game this season we have to miss. Unfortunately life has got in the way of football this weekend.

Also checking trains we would have had to change about 4 times and driving would have been a nightmare.
Bolton tomorrow then on 11:09 - Aug 23 with 2064 viewsthatdamgood89

Never nice to see any club in this situation. I'd even feel a little bit if it was our feathered friends down the road. Sadly not in my lifetime.

Anyhow this place regardless of name Reebok etc holds some Town Ghosts of the past so it would be nice to rock up, turn them over and come away with 3 points.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024