Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mings expected to be in the England squad 13:31 - Aug 29 with 4477 viewsSitfcB

Another windfall for ITFC if he plays??
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 13:31]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:32 - Aug 29 with 4467 viewsitfcjoe

You'd presume Bournemouth would have put one in and we'd get our cut of that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:32 - Aug 29 with 4471 viewschicoazul

It's so weird how players so many people told us were rubbish, arrogant etc go on to greater things after leaving us.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:33 - Aug 29 with 4459 viewsGuthrum

Good for him. Nice to finally realise the potential we saw in 2014-15.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:37 - Aug 29 with 4415 viewsronnyd

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:32 - Aug 29 by chicoazul

It's so weird how players so many people told us were rubbish, arrogant etc go on to greater things after leaving us.

That didn,t used to be the case. Apart from Warky at L,pool and Talbot at the Ars@ most didn,t scale great heights after leaving. But then,we were in the top flight. Happy days.
Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:43 - Aug 29 with 4359 viewshoppy

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:37 - Aug 29 by ronnyd

That didn,t used to be the case. Apart from Warky at L,pool and Talbot at the Ars@ most didn,t scale great heights after leaving. But then,we were in the top flight. Happy days.

Muhren won the FA Cup the following year after leaving us, and then went on to win the European Championships with Netherlands a few years after that.

But, you're right, there's not that many that went on to greater things than they achieved with Town.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:47 - Aug 29 with 4324 viewsGirthyguy

500 million for just being called up and 1 billion if he plays.
Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:49 - Aug 29 with 4316 viewsRadlett_blue

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:43 - Aug 29 by hoppy

Muhren won the FA Cup the following year after leaving us, and then went on to win the European Championships with Netherlands a few years after that.

But, you're right, there's not that many that went on to greater things than they achieved with Town.

SBR was an excellent judge of a player & when to get rid. I remember the outcry when he swapped Rod Belfitt (whom I liked as a player) for David Johnson I.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 14:14 - Aug 29 with 4177 viewsFtnfwest

why can't we just be careful what we wish for eh?
Login to get fewer ads

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 14:20 - Aug 29 with 4136 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't recall anyone saying Mings was rubbish but perhaps that's my memory failing me.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

There were quite a few soft headed comments directed his way on 14:29 - Aug 29 with 4096 viewsDyland

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 14:20 - Aug 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't recall anyone saying Mings was rubbish but perhaps that's my memory failing me.

Some numpty at one of the fan nights (Dove I think) asked McCarthy if Tyrone's arrogance made him lazy. It was something along those lines. He obviously got short shrift, the ignorant idiot.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

There were quite a few soft headed comments directed his way on 14:35 - Aug 29 with 4059 viewsSteve_M

There were quite a few soft headed comments directed his way on 14:29 - Aug 29 by Dyland

Some numpty at one of the fan nights (Dove I think) asked McCarthy if Tyrone's arrogance made him lazy. It was something along those lines. He obviously got short shrift, the ignorant idiot.

Ha. Arrogant and lazy? I wonder why someone might have thought that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Quite (n/t) on 14:36 - Aug 29 with 4049 viewsDyland

There were quite a few soft headed comments directed his way on 14:35 - Aug 29 by Steve_M

Ha. Arrogant and lazy? I wonder why someone might have thought that.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 14:41 - Aug 29 with 4026 viewsGarv

I think some people pointed out that he was clumsy, which he was at times. However, his positives have always outweighed his negatives.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 15:00 - Aug 29 with 3974 viewsSteve_M

There was a bit midway through 2014-15, after we lost at Rotherham in February, when the usual assertions - arrogant, thinks he's made it etc - started to be cast in Tyrone's direction.

The simpler explanation, that a young player's form had dipped slightly - along with that of the team - midway through a long first season in the Championship, was ignored.

Not many people but it was definitely there.

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 15:04 - Aug 29 with 3966 viewsActionMan

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 15:00 - Aug 29 by Steve_M

There was a bit midway through 2014-15, after we lost at Rotherham in February, when the usual assertions - arrogant, thinks he's made it etc - started to be cast in Tyrone's direction.

The simpler explanation, that a young player's form had dipped slightly - along with that of the team - midway through a long first season in the Championship, was ignored.

Not many people but it was definitely there.

I sat next to someone that season who not only whinged at Mings but would pretty much slate Murphy all game as well despite everything. Sadly he's sat back near me again this season and whinged throughout the Wimbledon game with his wife, obviously not understanding that 3rd division football wouldn't match up to playing Barca under Robson, fortunately they moved seats in the second half after whinging about people standing up so I didn't have to hear it anymore.
Mings expected to be in the England squad on 15:12 - Aug 29 with 3937 viewshoppy

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 15:04 - Aug 29 by ActionMan

I sat next to someone that season who not only whinged at Mings but would pretty much slate Murphy all game as well despite everything. Sadly he's sat back near me again this season and whinged throughout the Wimbledon game with his wife, obviously not understanding that 3rd division football wouldn't match up to playing Barca under Robson, fortunately they moved seats in the second half after whinging about people standing up so I didn't have to hear it anymore.

....at which point, did you sit down, having achieved getting them to move?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 15:12 - Aug 29 with 3935 viewsSteve_M

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 15:04 - Aug 29 by ActionMan

My best wishes to you for Saturday that he isn't back.

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 15:20 - Aug 29 with 3895 viewsMeadowlark

Mings expected to be in the England squad on 13:49 - Aug 29 by Radlett_blue

SBR was an excellent judge of a player & when to get rid. I remember the outcry when he swapped Rod Belfitt (whom I liked as a player) for David Johnson I.

And Bobby Bell for Allan Hunter!
There were quite a few soft headed comments directed his way on 15:21 - Aug 29 with 3887 viewsIllinoisblue

There were quite a few soft headed comments directed his way on 14:29 - Aug 29 by Dyland

I think it was at one of the AGM meetings that was said. Unfiltered Suffolkness.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024