Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge on QPR & family 14:21 - Aug 30 with 3651 viewsLanky

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/judge-on-qpr-interest-and-summer-of-stre

Makes the hysterical reaction from some fans on social media to the QPR link all the more embarassing now.
Judge on QPR & family on 15:12 - Aug 30 with 3215 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Fans reacted to what was known at the time.

A lot of footballers just use 'family reasons' as an excuse, which only makes it harder for people like Judge when they have valid family reasons for a move.

I am sure if needed, the club will give him compassionate leave if he wants it.

Good luck to him and his family. Does sound like a stressful time, and I think it's helpful that he's shared his news.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Judge on QPR & family on 15:14 - Aug 30 with 3210 viewsTractorCam

Judge on QPR & family on 15:12 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

A lot of footballers just use 'family reasons' as an excuse, which only makes it harder for people like Judge when they have valid family reasons for a move.

Good luck to him and his family. Does sound like a stressful time, and I think it's helpful that he's shared his news.

Fans overreacted*

He was happy here as a footballer, that was obvious. Family reasons was a perfectly reasonable response.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Judge on QPR & family on 15:16 - Aug 30 with 3199 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Judge on QPR & family on 15:14 - Aug 30 by TractorCam

Fans overreacted*

He was happy here as a footballer, that was obvious. Family reasons was a perfectly reasonable response.

To be fair, if QPR had paid a fair price, he would have got the move.

There are no bad guys in this one.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Judge on QPR & family on 15:17 - Aug 30 with 3197 viewsSpruceMoose

Judge on QPR & family on 15:12 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

"Fans reacted to what was known at the time."

That's the point though isn't it. How many of them thought 'I might know feck all here so better pipe down' as opposed to just blundering in and blubbing all over the place?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Judge on QPR & family on 15:18 - Aug 30 with 3198 viewsBlueBadger

Judge on QPR & family on 15:14 - Aug 30 by TractorCam

Fans overreacted*

I remember how various posters on here reacted when Jon Walters' second child was imminent, sadly this is a not a new thing here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Judge on QPR & family on 15:18 - Aug 30 with 3191 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Judge on QPR & family on 15:17 - Aug 30 by SpruceMoose

"Fans reacted to what was known at the time."

That's the point though isn't it. How many of them thought 'I might know feck all here so better pipe down' as opposed to just blundering in and blubbing all over the place?

I don't think Judge got much flack from memory.

It was mainly Evans getting flack.

Judge on QPR & family on 15:21 - Aug 30 with 3184 viewsTractorCam

Judge on QPR & family on 15:18 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

I remember how various posters on here reacted when Jon Walters' second child was imminent, sadly this is a not a new thing here.

Oh god what happened? Not sure I was on here during those days.

Judge on QPR & family on 15:38 - Aug 30 with 3165 viewsBlueBadger

Judge on QPR & family on 15:21 - Aug 30 by TractorCam

Oh god what happened? Not sure I was on here during those days.

Everything from 'what's wrong with Ipswich hospital' to 'he's clearly trying to get a move away from here' in gamut of ignorance. When talking about a player who's wife had endured a difficult and traumatic first birth and wanted to give birth closer to home so as to have some family support.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/town-striker-tells-of-baby-health-battle-1-83142

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Judge on QPR & family on 15:41 - Aug 30 with 3167 viewsReuser_is_God

I called him a rat at the time.

I now take that comment back & hope his daughter has successful surgery.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Judge on QPR & family on 16:08 - Aug 30 with 3130 viewsTractorCam

Judge on QPR & family on 15:38 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

Everything from 'what's wrong with Ipswich hospital' to 'he's clearly trying to get a move away from here' in gamut of ignorance. When talking about a player who's wife had endured a difficult and traumatic first birth and wanted to give birth closer to home so as to have some family support.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/town-striker-tells-of-baby-health-battle-1-83142

Some of the stuff you could pile together over the years regarding us is harrowing.

Jump to conclusions FC

Judge on QPR & family on 16:09 - Aug 30 with 3126 viewsSpruceMoose

Judge on QPR & family on 16:08 - Aug 30 by TractorCam

Some of the stuff you could pile together over the years regarding us is harrowing.

Jump to conclusions FC

My cringe muscle is still cramped by that banner we had at the Amex...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Judge on QPR & family on 16:20 - Aug 30 with 3115 viewsElephantintheRoom

We have no knowledge of the situation and it's clearly nothng much to do with Town supporters. However there are two things to consider - one is it wouldn't be such a problem if he and his family lived in the area - which seems to be a thing of the past for remote clubs like Ipswich - we do actually have health care in the sticks, though parking admittedly isnt possible at Ipswich hospital any more - but more pertinently IF his personal situation is as serious as it is made out here - why on earth are his employers not giving him time off.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Judge on QPR & family on 16:24 - Aug 30 with 3105 viewsSpruceMoose

Judge on QPR & family on 16:20 - Aug 30 by ElephantintheRoom

We have no knowledge of the situation and it's clearly nothng much to do with Town supporters. However there are two things to consider - one is it wouldn't be such a problem if he and his family lived in the area - which seems to be a thing of the past for remote clubs like Ipswich - we do actually have health care in the sticks, though parking admittedly isnt possible at Ipswich hospital any more - but more pertinently IF his personal situation is as serious as it is made out here - why on earth are his employers not giving him time off.

1) We have no idea if Ipswich Hospital is able to carry out whatever procedure is required.
2) Maybe they are? Maybe they would if he asked for it? Once again, making assumptions is foolish.
3) You're a Budgie anyway.

Oh he did on Faceache and Twotter on 16:34 - Aug 30 with 3091 viewsDyland

Judge on QPR & family on 15:18 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

People who abuse strangers on social media are a different breed. Not in a good way.

Plenty of chatter about Judge's performances against Sunderland and Posh in the stands, pub and in my household. And conversely we commented on his class (and impatience) when he came on against AFC.

Going onto public forums to abuse people you don't know just because they haven't played a game well is a terrible idea.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Judge on QPR & family on 16:40 - Aug 30 with 3079 viewsSikamikanico

Judge on QPR & family on 16:20 - Aug 30 by ElephantintheRoom

He signed in January on a short term contract. Only a fool would expect him to disrupt his family for what might have been 5 or 6 months
Oh he did on Faceache and Twotter on 17:11 - Aug 30 with 3056 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oh he did on Faceache and Twotter on 16:34 - Aug 30 by Dyland

People who abuse strangers on social media are a different breed. Not in a good way.

Plenty of chatter about Judge's performances against Sunderland and Posh in the stands, pub and in my household. And conversely we commented on his class (and impatience) when he came on against AFC.

Going onto public forums to abuse people you don't know just because they haven't played a game well is a terrible idea.

I agree with that, and for that reason this forum is the only 'social media' outlet that I regularly view.

Judge on QPR & family on 17:28 - Aug 30 with 3032 viewsTractorCam

Judge on QPR & family on 15:18 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Definitely wasn't Evans, on this rare occassion. He wanted Judge to stay.

People were tweeting the picture of Hyam breaking Judge's leg, asking 'Why is Judge there" when tweeting team pictures and bragging that his table was less crammed on the open day.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 17:29]

Judge on QPR & family on 17:31 - Aug 30 with 3022 viewsSpruceMoose

Judge on QPR & family on 17:28 - Aug 30 by TractorCam

Definitely wasn't Evans, on this rare occassion. He wanted Judge to stay.

People were tweeting the picture of Hyam breaking Judge's leg, asking 'Why is Judge there" when tweeting team pictures and bragging that his table was less crammed on the open day.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 17:29]

Funny how memory is so slippery eh?

Judge on QPR & family on 17:33 - Aug 30 with 3016 viewsBlueBadger

Judge on QPR & family on 15:41 - Aug 30 by Reuser_is_God

I called him a rat at the time.

I now take that comment back & hope his daughter has successful surgery.

There's a learning opportunity to be had from this story...

Judge on QPR & family on 17:49 - Aug 30 with 2975 viewsTrequartista

Judge not lest ye be Judge.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Judge on QPR & family on 17:56 - Aug 30 with 2957 viewspointofblue

I just hope his daughter is alright, everything is secondary to that. Credit to him for speaking so openly about the situation as well, and admitting that it did possibly affect his performances against Sunderland and Peterborough. I have to admit he infuriated me in the former though that was partly because I felt Lambert made the wrong sub in the first place as he isn't a wide player.

I think every football fan will be protective of the club over individual players when transfer requests are submitted and I think the majority of players understand this to. All the club and the fanbase can do now is give him the time and support that he needs to get himself and his family through this.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Judge on QPR & family on 20:43 - Aug 30 with 2837 viewslmfcblue

Embarrassing from the fans with that and also the reaction to an under par performance against Sunderland. Not great from PL either how he went about announcing Judge wanted a move.
Judge on QPR & family on 20:56 - Aug 30 with 2827 viewspointofblue

Judge on QPR & family on 20:43 - Aug 30 by lmfcblue

Embarrassing from the fans with that and also the reaction to an under par performance against Sunderland. Not great from PL either how he went about announcing Judge wanted a move.

Yes, Lambert didn't go out of his way to soften the news when he revealed Judge wanted to go.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Judge on QPR & family on 21:05 - Aug 30 with 2804 viewsBLUEBEAT

Family first, always, but you’d think London was on the other side of the world or something...

Poll: W or W

Judge on QPR & family on 21:17 - Aug 30 with 2788 viewsitfcjoe

Judge on QPR & family on 15:16 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, if QPR had paid a fair price, he would have got the move.

There are no bad guys in this one.

What about the fans slating him on social media and tagging him in?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024