Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Much, much better 20:20 - Jan 11 with 1318 viewsitfcjoe

Best performance of the season, or for as long as I can remember this season!

Sort of performance we've all been crying out for, where we on't look like strangers and have clearly worked on something, and kept the same team.

The intensity was right there from the 1st minute, and that started from Lambert on the touchline - seeing him like he was today reminded me of what he was like when he first came in, I'd almost forgot the intensity he showed in the sideline in that early phase. Players at this level need that it seems as it really helped.

Not much happened in 2nd half, but we have a big game on Tuesday and had the game one and we denied them a chance by being solid at the back and pressing in right areas. Good performers all over the pitch, special shout out to Chambers and Woolfie though

I won't touch on his comments after the game, just hope that he and we keep this up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Much, much better on 20:22 - Jan 11 with 1276 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If that is the new style that we are going to keep, with the centre backs pumping forward.

We must keep Woolfie, this new centre half that may be coming can play. Could have 2 ball players and Chambo sweeping potentially. I hope and pray he sticks with his idea now.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Much, much better on 20:33 - Jan 11 with 1240 viewsSomethingBlue

Sounds encouraging — and very interested in the centre-backs, that run & touch by Chambers for Judge was sublime and the power & composure shown by Woolfenden for the first were exactly why we need half a season in the Champ before selling him for £10m.

Wonder if he'll be brave enough to go with that against better opposition ...

Does that midfield look nailed-on now, to you? Obviously nothing really is, under PL, but seems like we might just have found our means to phase Skuse out in a gentle way.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Much, much better on 20:41 - Jan 11 with 1198 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Pretty much sums that performance up.
The tempo and intensity were spot on. Judge had his best game in a Town shirt as did Huws. Poor as Stanley were, we have struggled to really stamp our authority on games like this, so was good to see a dominant display for 95% of the match.
Hopefully will be the start of a good run of results against some of our close rivals.
COYFB.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Much, much better on 20:49 - Jan 11 with 1153 viewsitfcjoe

Much, much better on 20:33 - Jan 11 by SomethingBlue

Sounds encouraging — and very interested in the centre-backs, that run & touch by Chambers for Judge was sublime and the power & composure shown by Woolfenden for the first were exactly why we need half a season in the Champ before selling him for £10m.

Wonder if he'll be brave enough to go with that against better opposition ...

Does that midfield look nailed-on now, to you? Obviously nothing really is, under PL, but seems like we might just have found our means to phase Skuse out in a gentle way.

Woolfie did a piece of skill to nick the ball of one man, then beat another before pinging a perfect ball into Keane who took his touch the wrong way - if WK scored there we'd have been all watching that back, as is I can't find a clip off it!

I think he'll try and get Nolan back in there, but balance wise it was a top midfield performance - will Huws start 3 games in a week? I doubt it so guess we'll see on Tuesday

Much, much better on 20:56 - Jan 11 with 1125 viewsonlymehere

My god did you go today Chambers a fcuking liability 3-0 halftime and really looking rubbish
Yes response when they scored their goal but fcuk me if we come through Tuesday un scared I’ll be astonished.
We won’t go up playing like we did today up the Town
Much, much better on 20:57 - Jan 11 with 1100 viewsitfcjoe

Much, much better on 20:56 - Jan 11 by onlymehere

My god did you go today Chambers a fcuking liability 3-0 halftime and really looking rubbish
Yes response when they scored their goal but fcuk me if we come through Tuesday un scared I’ll be astonished.

Are you drunk?

Meths & Milk I reckon.... on 21:02 - Jan 11 with 1078 viewsBloots

Much, much better on 20:57 - Jan 11 by itfcjoe

Are you drunk?

….or glue.

Maybe lighter fluid.

Chambers was very good today.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Meths & Milk I reckon.... on 21:03 - Jan 11 with 1072 viewsitfcjoe

Meths & Milk I reckon.... on 21:02 - Jan 11 by Bloots

….or glue.

Maybe lighter fluid.

Chambers was very good today.

That block at the end was great, shame it didn't lead to a well deserved clean sheet

Login to get fewer ads

Yep, I'm not sure those in..... on 21:08 - Jan 11 with 1037 viewsBloots

Meths & Milk I reckon.... on 21:03 - Jan 11 by itfcjoe

That block at the end was great, shame it didn't lead to a well deserved clean sheet

….the North Stand would have appreciated how good it was.

Stanley were dreadful though.

Personally I think their players were just too skinny.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Meths & Milk I reckon.... on 21:10 - Jan 11 with 1016 viewsPJH

Meths & Milk I reckon.... on 21:03 - Jan 11 by itfcjoe

It was really good, Chambers put in a very good performance all round.
Much, much better on 21:57 - Jan 11 with 924 viewsKieran_Knows

Much, much better on 20:56 - Jan 11 by onlymehere

Grow up.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Much, much better on 22:05 - Jan 11 with 879 viewsMelford

Best I've seen since Tranmere.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024