Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought Judge was poor again today ! 23:13 - Feb 22 with 1819 viewsbrazil1981

Was buzzing when he signed this time last season and thought he’d boss this league. He’s obviously trying hard, but for whatever reason it hasn’t happened has it? I dunno, age, tactics, confidence, mind somewhere else? Thought after last week maybe he’d turned the corner but....
Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 23:18 - Feb 22 with 1784 viewspatrickswell

Flat track bully.

He’ll look stunning during April, but be anonymous against Fleetwood, Coventry and Portsmouth.
Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 23:21 - Feb 22 with 1768 viewsRomeo4

I can’t knock his effort. He gives it his all. There are flashes of quality but he doesn’t trouble the opposition enough. He seems a yard slower than most so doesn’t find the space he needs to produce any meaningful end product on a consistent basis.

Might be time to give Bish a run of games in there. Might as well shake things up a bit. It can’t get any worse can it?!
Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 23:27 - Feb 22 with 1746 viewshamburger_sv

Lambert's poor tactics and the losses that have resulted from said tactics have caused the players' confidence to fall.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 16:02 - Feb 23 with 1602 viewssparks

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 23:27 - Feb 22 by hamburger_sv

Lambert's poor tactics and the losses that have resulted from said tactics have caused the players' confidence to fall.

Nonsense. He has persistently lpayed and supported him despite awful performances. Confidence is important, but there comes a point where you just have to accept he is not the player people seem to remember.

Yesterday he was awful. Never quick enough to beat a man, or to get to a loose ball first, and not physical or fleet footed enough to retain the ball under pressure. He offered precisely nothing- and any player up against him was comfortable in the knowledge that he would inevitably turn back inside and pass backwards, because he hasnt the ability to do anything else. In a 3 without another real attacking midfielder- he has to be the link between midfield and attack. Yet again, he went looking for the ball out wide, where he doesnt have the attributes to get free and get crosses in and lost out time and time again to opponents when in the middle.

Quite how he stayed on the pitch, after slowing down every move, is beyond me. The logic in putting him out wide when we neede a goal, rather than Edwards, who at least has some pace and aggression at times, is unfathomable.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 16:18 - Feb 23 with 1575 viewsjayessess

He certainly was. Easy to say in hindsight, but both our big Summer signings have been low key disastrous. It's pretty likely Judge and Norwood both feature in the top ten earners in the division and we really needed them to play like it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 17:29 - Feb 23 with 1533 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

He shouldn't be in the team. My memory isn't great but I can only think of one game that he's stood out, and that was last week against Burton
Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 17:32 - Feb 23 with 1524 viewssparks

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 17:29 - Feb 23 by muhrensleftfoot

He shouldn't be in the team. My memory isn't great but I can only think of one game that he's stood out, and that was last week against Burton

The only good perfomance I have seen from him.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 15:40 - Feb 24 with 1279 viewsjayessess

He's in the team basically because him and Garbutt are the only two midfielders we have who generate anything at all, sadly.

Login to get fewer ads

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 18:01 - Feb 24 with 1223 viewssparks

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 15:40 - Feb 24 by jayessess

He's in the team basically because him and Garbutt are the only two midfielders we have who generate anything at all, sadly.

But he doesnt generate anything at all.

Not a thing. Too slow, too lightweight (somethign Dozzell gets lambasted for...) and knows he cant beat anyone- so always turns back inside. Easy for defenders.

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 18:03 - Feb 24 with 1221 viewsBackToRussia

Didn't go, but his 2 goals were basically flukes anyway. He's forgotten how to kick a ball.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 15:30 - Feb 25 with 1079 viewsjayessess

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 18:01 - Feb 24 by sparks

But he doesnt generate anything at all.

Not a thing. Too slow, too lightweight (somethign Dozzell gets lambasted for...) and knows he cant beat anyone- so always turns back inside. Easy for defenders.

What I mean is, *statistically speaking*, him and Garbutt are the only people who have generated anything at all.

Of Ipswich's midfielders, Judge is 1st for assissts, 2nd for goals (behind Garbutt), 1st for shots, 2nd for chances created (behind Garbutt).

Yeah, he's not been great, but our midfield has *no one* providing anything significant going forward. It's the central reason why we're rubbish.

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 16:30 - Feb 25 with 1039 viewsGaryCooper

The let down is similar to that of Sedgley and Slater if my memory serves.
Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 16:40 - Feb 25 with 1016 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 15:30 - Feb 25 by jayessess

What I mean is, *statistically speaking*, him and Garbutt are the only people who have generated anything at all.

Of Ipswich's midfielders, Judge is 1st for assissts, 2nd for goals (behind Garbutt), 1st for shots, 2nd for chances created (behind Garbutt).

Yeah, he's not been great, but our midfield has *no one* providing anything significant going forward. It's the central reason why we're rubbish.

Christ, I’ve just looked it up and you’re absolutely right - which I assume is why when I’m picking a lineup in my head I invariably end up including Judge

I think the big issue however is that he was basically signed in the expectation that he would be a cut above, and presumably has a salary to match, and he really isn’t coming anywhere close to those expectations. Tend to agree with Herbivore that he just doesn’t have it since his leg break, excuses have long run out and he isn’t going to get any younger. If only he had forced the issue when QPR came knocking!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 16:50 - Feb 25 with 1003 viewsSwansea_Blue

I never understood why so many rated him so highly. Possibly because we'd had such rubbish for a number of years that the bar was very low?

He played most of his early football in L1 before getting promoted with Brentford, had a full season and then one stand out season with them before his bad injury. He struggled to regain form and couldn't hold down a first team spot afterwards. He's shown the occasional flash of brilliance, mostly early on, but has been consistently average at best in L1 this year.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 10:43 - Feb 26 with 937 viewsjayessess

Thought Judge was poor again today ! on 16:40 - Feb 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Christ, I’ve just looked it up and you’re absolutely right - which I assume is why when I’m picking a lineup in my head I invariably end up including Judge

I think the big issue however is that he was basically signed in the expectation that he would be a cut above, and presumably has a salary to match, and he really isn’t coming anywhere close to those expectations. Tend to agree with Herbivore that he just doesn’t have it since his leg break, excuses have long run out and he isn’t going to get any younger. If only he had forced the issue when QPR came knocking!

That's absolutely it. It's not that Judge has been bad compared to any of our other midfielders, it's that in the Summer we only had the resources to sign a couple of players that were out of reach financially for most of the rest of the division and our squad wasn't strong enough for those two players to only do 'alright'.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024