Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 08:26 - Mar 5 with 4724 viewssaffers12

Key thing for myself is that I know the club could be funded more by ME.

However could Lambert have done better with these players and made the play offs?

Deffo Yes for me, so he has to go.

Lambert on 08:28 - Mar 5 with 4380 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Early season form suggests that we were capable of being competitive. I believe we have a squad that was very much capable of being in the play offs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert on 09:02 - Mar 5 with 4305 viewsYeet1981

Lambert on 08:28 - Mar 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Early season form suggests that we were capable of being competitive. I believe we have a squad that was very much capable of being in the play offs.

Form yes but the performances were still poor. We were embarrassing last season. The squad is basically league 1 anyway thanks to hurst. And not the best of league 1 either. Stupid amounts of money spent on bang average players. Who sanctioned those deals. Didn’t anyone at the club think we have just sold quality championship players and signed a bunch of nobody’s from a league below and still expect to stay up?
Lambert on 14:38 - Mar 5 with 4146 viewsKeaneish

For us not to make top six with that squad requires a lot of incompetence and negligence in my view and that's throughout the club, not just Lambert.

Lambert needs 8 wins from his remaining fixtures. To be in this position was unimaginable in August. Maybe Carlos Tevez is available...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert on 14:53 - Mar 5 with 4101 viewsr2d2

That squad got us relegated. They were rubbish, they were never going to be anything special this season. Nothing suggested they would be and nothing has changed to alter those thoughts. Bang average league 1 players. We are in about our rightful position in the table because for the most part the players are useless
Lambert on 14:55 - Mar 5 with 4084 viewslongtimefan

Are you sure the club could be funded more? if you’re in the know I’d be really interested to understand how much extra could be put in given the Salary Cost Management Protocol we are obliged to operate within.
Lambert on 15:03 - Mar 5 with 4058 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lambert on 14:53 - Mar 5 by r2d2

That squad got us relegated. They were rubbish, they were never going to be anything special this season. Nothing suggested they would be and nothing has changed to alter those thoughts. Bang average league 1 players. We are in about our rightful position in the table because for the most part the players are useless

Apart from the massive gulf between the two divisions you mean?

Rotherham in 2015 were worse than us last year. They walked the league the next year.

They were only just better than us last year and are second this year.

As someone has posted earlier, you have to be a real basket case to come down into this division and not threaten the top six.

We've not lost any players and regardless of how bad we were last year, we comfortably have one of the best 2 or3 squads at this level, if applied correctly.

For context, under Mick McCarthy I'm confident we'd have run away with the league with these players.

Nolan and Nsiala were standout performers in this division two years ago. As was Gwion Edwards. Lambert has made them look terrible and we have 10 players in our squad better than those three.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Lambert on 16:11 - Mar 5 with 3973 viewsjayessess

Lambert on 14:55 - Mar 5 by longtimefan

Are you sure the club could be funded more? if you’re in the know I’d be really interested to understand how much extra could be put in given the Salary Cost Management Protocol we are obliged to operate within.

SCMP allows for owner direct investment, just not loans.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lambert on 16:18 - Mar 5 with 3938 viewsr2d2

Lambert on 15:03 - Mar 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Rotherham in 2015 were worse than us last year. They walked the league the next year.

As someone has posted earlier, you have to be a real basket case to come down into this division and not threaten the top six.

We've not lost any players and regardless of how bad we were last year, we comfortably have one of the best 2 or3 squads at this level, if applied correctly.

For context, under Mick McCarthy I'm confident we'd have run away with the league with these players.

Nolan and Nsiala were standout performers in this division two years ago. As was Gwion Edwards. Lambert has made them look terrible and we have 10 players in our squad better than those three.

Nolan and Nsiala had one good season in league 1. They have both been sh!te ever since. There is a gulf between league 1 and the championship, yes, but we got relegated as one of the worst championship teams ever. The players we brought in were only league 1 players. We are where we are because the players simply arnt good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 16:18 - Mar 5 with 3934 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans has allowed Lambert to operate with one of the highest wage budgets in the division and he’s also let him bring in a number of players.

The fault is with lambert and the players.
Lambert on 16:33 - Mar 5 with 3898 viewsjayessess

Lambert on 16:18 - Mar 5 by r2d2

Nolan and Nsiala had one good season in league 1. They have both been sh!te ever since. There is a gulf between league 1 and the championship, yes, but we got relegated as one of the worst championship teams ever. The players we brought in were only league 1 players. We are where we are because the players simply arnt good enough.

That being the case then Lambert could've set about improving the ones that he could work with, shipping a bunch of them out and bringing in players who were a significant improvement.

Since he arrived, we've sorted out new contracts for: Chambers, Bishop, Sears, Emmanuel, Kenlock. Brought in Keane, Norwood, Judge, Wilson, Earl, Garbutt, Holy, Norris and Georgiou. I don't think it's ridiculous to imagine that we might also have been able to move out at least a few of Donacien, Nsiala, Edwards, Skuse, Rowe, Dozzell, Jackson and Roberts, should we have wished.

If these players "simply aren't good enough", then there was plenty of wiggle room for finding ones who were. Not least Judge and Norwood, who are likely two of the best-paid players in this division and certainly don't play like it.

Lambert on 16:39 - Mar 5 with 3881 viewsYeet1981

Lambert on 16:33 - Mar 5 by jayessess

That being the case then Lambert could've set about improving the ones that he could work with, shipping a bunch of them out and bringing in players who were a significant improvement.

Since he arrived, we've sorted out new contracts for: Chambers, Bishop, Sears, Emmanuel, Kenlock. Brought in Keane, Norwood, Judge, Wilson, Earl, Garbutt, Holy, Norris and Georgiou. I don't think it's ridiculous to imagine that we might also have been able to move out at least a few of Donacien, Nsiala, Edwards, Skuse, Rowe, Dozzell, Jackson and Roberts, should we have wished.

If these players "simply aren't good enough", then there was plenty of wiggle room for finding ones who were. Not least Judge and Norwood, who are likely two of the best-paid players in this division and certainly don't play like it.

What is actually up with judge. He was a must have in the summer. Was it the qpr talk? How can a player go from a decent level last season no means a world beater to being so bad this season. He’s played in every position to try and suit him. Basically a free role at present.
Lambert on 16:56 - Mar 5 with 3851 viewsjayessess

Lambert on 16:39 - Mar 5 by Yeet1981

What is actually up with judge. He was a must have in the summer. Was it the qpr talk? How can a player go from a decent level last season no means a world beater to being so bad this season. He’s played in every position to try and suit him. Basically a free role at present.

My guess? He finds it psychologically a struggle to not be where he was physically at his peak and... Lambert has really struggled to find a way to use him well. Which makes it doubly silly that we didn't just take the money when QPR offered it.

Lambert on 18:18 - Mar 5 with 3791 viewsFelstow1978

Lambert on 16:56 - Mar 5 by jayessess

My guess? He finds it psychologically a struggle to not be where he was physically at his peak and... Lambert has really struggled to find a way to use him well. Which makes it doubly silly that we didn't just take the money when QPR offered it.

Some might uncharitably conclude he sees it as payback for Luke Hyam, Town robbed him of a chance of promotion with Brentford or a lucrative contract with a lower quartile Prem team

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Lambert on 22:35 - Mar 5 with 3643 viewsjayessess

Lambert on 18:18 - Mar 5 by Felstow1978

Some might uncharitably conclude he sees it as payback for Luke Hyam, Town robbed him of a chance of promotion with Brentford or a lucrative contract with a lower quartile Prem team

I think that's very unlikely. If he'd performed well this season and we'd been promoted it's likely he'd have benefited quite a lot financially.

Lambert on 23:09 - Mar 5 with 3597 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 14:53 - Mar 5 by r2d2

So presumably you think Lambert must be doing a decent enough job then?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert on 00:08 - Mar 6 with 3520 viewsblueconscience

Lambert on 23:09 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

So presumably you think Lambert must be doing a decent enough job then?

Under the constraints of Evans, he could be doing worse.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Lambert on 07:41 - Mar 6 with 3338 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 00:08 - Mar 6 by blueconscience

Under the constraints of Evans, he could be doing worse.

Evans backed him to make signings in the summer, expensive ones for this level. He's allowed him to carry a large, highly paid squad. Do you honestly think he could be doing worse? I don't.

Lambert on 07:56 - Mar 6 with 3310 viewsOxford_Blue

The question is whether you give him time, based on the fact he got the team top for a reasonable period and depending on where we finish this season.

Yet another change in management isn’t necessarily the right thing.
Lambert on 07:59 - Mar 6 with 3299 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 07:56 - Mar 6 by Oxford_Blue

The question is whether you give him time, based on the fact he got the team top for a reasonable period and depending on where we finish this season.

Yet another change in management isn’t necessarily the right thing.

It is absolutely the right thing. How can you justify giving him longer? We're on a run of 4 wins in 24 in the third tier with a squad that should be in promotion contention. He's shown literally nothing to suggest he deserves more time. It's not like he's even developing the youngsters. He's certainly not developing a style of play. There's no evidence at all that he is taking us or has the ability to take us forward.

Lambert on 09:25 - Mar 6 with 3223 viewsmonty_radio

Lambert on 15:03 - Mar 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The "context" that MM would have got us promoted is pure assertion. "They're a dangerous side that Accrington, Rochdale etc" - and he might well have set up accordingly which, just in my opinion, would not have served us when the strength of Sunderland, Coventry etc showed up at the sharp end of the season.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lambert on 09:27 - Mar 6 with 3221 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans has put more cash into the club than anyone in its history. About £60m. You assume he just has money to burn now. I doubt it. His businesses will have been hit hard by the downturn.

Sheepshanks never put his own money in and had to sell players to balance the books.

The problems have been with the performance of the managers who have all failed him including some who were heavily funded with transfer spending.
Lambert on 09:28 - Mar 6 with 3217 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 09:25 - Mar 6 by monty_radio

The "context" that MM would have got us promoted is pure assertion. "They're a dangerous side that Accrington, Rochdale etc" - and he might well have set up accordingly which, just in my opinion, would not have served us when the strength of Sunderland, Coventry etc showed up at the sharp end of the season.

Any rational analysis tells you that Mick walks this league with this squad.

Lambert on 10:17 - Mar 6 with 3173 viewsmonty_radio

Lambert on 09:28 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Any rational analysis tells you that Mick walks this league with this squad.

Love him and leave him.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lambert on 11:50 - Mar 6 with 3120 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 10:17 - Mar 6 by monty_radio

Love him and leave him.

I didn't love him and he has left. I stand by any rational analysis concluding with him easily taking us up with this squad.

Lambert on 12:02 - Mar 6 with 3098 viewsHarry_Palmer

Lambert on 09:25 - Mar 6 by monty_radio

Oh come on, I was certainly not Mick's biggest fan but he would have pissed this league with the current squad. There is absolutely no doubt about it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024