Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More SAGE minutes released 13:15 - Jun 2 with 1520 viewsGlasgowBlue

For those asking why we didn’t screen or test at ports at the start if the pandemic.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More SAGE minutes released on 13:19 - Jun 2 with 1493 viewsJakeITFC

22nd January a bit early to have considered it probably?
More SAGE minutes released on 13:30 - Jun 2 with 1459 viewsmonytowbray

Are you trying to discredit yourself at this point or have you woken up?

This is a serious question and not a dig.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More SAGE minutes released on 13:40 - Jun 2 with 1413 viewssparks

More SAGE minutes released on 13:30 - Jun 2 by monytowbray

Are you trying to discredit yourself at this point or have you woken up?

This is a serious question and not a dig.

Im struggling to see how looking at some evidence rather than leaping to emotive conclusions suggests either of those things.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

More SAGE minutes released on 13:45 - Jun 2 with 1386 viewsGlasgowBlue

More SAGE minutes released on 13:40 - Jun 2 by sparks

Im struggling to see how looking at some evidence rather than leaping to emotive conclusions suggests either of those things.

I’m back to ignoring him. If I engage he just gets abusive.

When SAGE minutes are released I tend to put them up with no comment as a matter of interest.

People can then make their own conclusions based in the published evidence.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More SAGE minutes released on 14:02 - Jun 2 with 1350 viewsSwansea_Blue

More SAGE minutes released on 13:19 - Jun 2 by JakeITFC

22nd January a bit early to have considered it probably?

Very. We hadn’t had our first confirmed case and as they say in those minutes it wasn’t even know if carriers needed to be symptomatic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More SAGE minutes released on 16:02 - Jun 2 with 1229 viewsSwansea_Blue

More SAGE minutes released on 14:02 - Jun 2 by Swansea_Blue

Very. We hadn’t had our first confirmed case and as they say in those minutes it wasn’t even know if carriers needed to be symptomatic.

Contradicting myself a bit here - whilst it was early in this particular disease, there is of course a lot of information about the effectiveness of airport screening from other respiratory infectious diseases.

A quick google throws up a discussion of this in the US context, with examples of previous outbreaks and studies on the effectiveness of screening. It is generally seen as not being that effective. e.g. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/19/health/coronavirus-airport-temperature-checks

Given it's seemingly not that effective, wouldn't you think that would point towards the need for stricter entry requirements, like the strict quarantine seen in NZ and Australia?

More SAGE minutes released on 16:08 - Jun 2 with 1204 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well this is going well (again)

More SAGE minutes released on 16:11 - Jun 2 with 1198 viewssparks

Enough is enough Callis.

Repeatedly handing out baseless personal abuse is getting old. I tolerated the first batch. Then I tolerated the other day's insinutations that i was somehow condoning or held no opposition to racist violence (when challenged you went quiet because you had absolutely no foundation for it- but lacked the integrity to withdraw or apologise).

No more.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:14]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

More SAGE minutes released on 16:18 - Jun 2 with 1148 viewsPhilTWTD

More SAGE minutes released on 16:11 - Jun 2 by sparks

Enough is enough Callis.

Repeatedly handing out baseless personal abuse is getting old. I tolerated the first batch. Then I tolerated the other day's insinutations that i was somehow condoning or held no opposition to racist violence (when challenged you went quiet because you had absolutely no foundation for it- but lacked the integrity to withdraw or apologise).

No more.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:14]

I've removed the post and posts relating to it. Think I've asked nicely enough for the abusive posts to stop and I think it's a shame to lose Callis's contribution overall but I don't really see we've anywhere left to go other than a break from the board.
More SAGE minutes released on 16:19 - Jun 2 with 1135 viewsNewcyBlue

More SAGE minutes released on 16:02 - Jun 2 by Swansea_Blue

Contradicting myself a bit here - whilst it was early in this particular disease, there is of course a lot of information about the effectiveness of airport screening from other respiratory infectious diseases.

A quick google throws up a discussion of this in the US context, with examples of previous outbreaks and studies on the effectiveness of screening. It is generally seen as not being that effective. e.g. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/19/health/coronavirus-airport-temperature-checks

Given it's seemingly not that effective, wouldn't you think that would point towards the need for stricter entry requirements, like the strict quarantine seen in NZ and Australia?

I take up to half a dozen long haul flights each year.

I am often quite a hot person. I just seem to run hot. I always show up as a bit warmer on the airport temperature scanner things.

MrsN was worried about me getting him at the end of January due to all this COVID stuff.

In fact, in January we were supposed to have a Third Mate come out from Wuhan to replace our Burmese one. That got cancelled mid January when Wuhan went into lockdown.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

More SAGE minutes released on 16:43 - Jun 2 with 1084 viewsBlueBadger

More SAGE minutes released on 16:18 - Jun 2 by PhilTWTD

I've removed the post and posts relating to it. Think I've asked nicely enough for the abusive posts to stop and I think it's a shame to lose Callis's contribution overall but I don't really see we've anywhere left to go other than a break from the board.

I hope it will probably do the lad some good, he's been losing his sh1t for a couple pf week now.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:47]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

More SAGE minutes released on 16:54 - Jun 2 with 1045 viewsSwansea_Blue

More SAGE minutes released on 16:19 - Jun 2 by NewcyBlue

I take up to half a dozen long haul flights each year.

I am often quite a hot person. I just seem to run hot. I always show up as a bit warmer on the airport temperature scanner things.

MrsN was worried about me getting him at the end of January due to all this COVID stuff.

In fact, in January we were supposed to have a Third Mate come out from Wuhan to replace our Burmese one. That got cancelled mid January when Wuhan went into lockdown.

Reading some of the stuff about how ineffective they are, you may not have had a problem. But it would have been a bit of a bummer to get pulled up when asymptomatic carriers are presumably getting through.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 16:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024