Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stu Watson’s CB list... 21:05 - Jul 27 with 4257 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Who you taking, there is certainly options out there.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:08 - Jul 27 with 3853 viewsBlueBadger

We will sign none of those.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:11 - Jul 27 with 3843 viewssparks

Tommy looks the obvious- but Lambert seems to have a problem with that idea. Despite the haplessness of the alternatives he brought in.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:11 - Jul 27 with 3836 viewsBlueBadger

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:11 - Jul 27 by sparks

Tommy looks the obvious- but Lambert seems to have a problem with that idea. Despite the haplessness of the alternatives he brought in.

It's because he's an incompetent fraud.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:12 - Jul 27 with 3831 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:08 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

In fairness you are probably right, but there are some good options on that list.

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:15 - Jul 27 with 3799 viewsBlueBadger

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:12 - Jul 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

In fairness you are probably right, but there are some good options on that list.

Which is why we will sign none of them. Because our manager is an incompetent fraud.

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:29 - Jul 27 with 3726 viewsClapham_Junction

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:08 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

I looked at the list and one* stood out as a 'please god, no', so we'll probably sign him.

* Pennington
Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:43 - Jul 27 with 3657 viewstractordownsouth

Mental that we're not snapping up Tommy Smith. Even if he's not the player he was when we sold him, he's still going to be good enough for league 1 and will still have a couple of years in him.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:44 - Jul 27 with 3646 viewsBlueBadger

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:43 - Jul 27 by tractordownsouth

Mental that we're not snapping up Tommy Smith. Even if he's not the player he was when we sold him, he's still going to be good enough for league 1 and will still have a couple of years in him.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm starting to think that our manager might not be very good at his job.

Login to get fewer ads

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:44 - Jul 27 with 3643 viewsStNeotsBlue

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:15 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

Which is why we will sign none of them. Because our manager is an incompetent fraud.

His permanent signings have been his main strength though Vincent-Young, Norwood look like good deals and while Judge hasn't lived up to expectations the majority were more than happy when he signed.
Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:46 - Jul 27 with 3627 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:44 - Jul 27 by StNeotsBlue

His permanent signings have been his main strength though Vincent-Young, Norwood look like good deals and while Judge hasn't lived up to expectations the majority were more than happy when he signed.

I think recruitment has been indifferent, but it has been at this club for years, for every good one there is 2 poor ones.

No consistency in recruitment at all at this club.

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:01 - Jul 27 with 3538 viewsBasuco

Tommy did not get to play for Sunderland last season, so they thought he was not good enough for League 1 as a first choice defender. He is not the player he was and we need to move on.
Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:07 - Jul 27 with 3500 viewsSitfcB

Yeah but Lambert doesn’t like signing ex-ITFC players and that’s why we didn’t get Murphy when we were offered him last season Hahahaha

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:08 - Jul 27 with 3493 viewsfooters

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:07 - Jul 27 by SitfcB

Yeah but Lambert doesn’t like signing ex-ITFC players and that’s why we didn’t get Murphy when we were offered him last season Hahahaha

Presumably the reason the Wickham loan wasn't pulled off either.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:11 - Jul 27 with 3449 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:01 - Jul 27 by Basuco

Tommy did not get to play for Sunderland last season, so they thought he was not good enough for League 1 as a first choice defender. He is not the player he was and we need to move on.

I wouldn’t judge Tommy on his time at Sunderland, it can be hard going to a team in January, and Sunderland hit a good run prior to Covid, the manager wouldn’t switch that up.

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:21 - Jul 27 with 3381 viewsSitfcB

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:08 - Jul 27 by footers

Presumably the reason the Wickham loan wasn't pulled off either.

That was a purely down to wages. He’s on silly money! Think Lambert wanted him, although he only mentioned it a few weeks after as some sort of anecdote.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:24 - Jul 27 with 3364 viewsWestcountryblue

Keogh is a gnarly competitor and a much better CB than Chambers.
Has a point to prove and plenty of experience at Championship.
Providing the finance is right, i actually wouldn't mind both Keogh and Smith.
Both are much more reliable than Donacien and Nsiala who are total liabilities and must go this summer.
Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:29 - Jul 27 with 3326 viewsWestcountryblue

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 21:44 - Jul 27 by StNeotsBlue

Vincent Young looks a good deal, but his transfers have lacked any strategic direction - in that fact that they haven't been done to facilitate a system or a specified way of playing.

A good manager is one who can get every last inch of potential out of his squad. I hate to say it, but the Amazon documentary about Bielsa was a real eye opener. 2-3 good signings, but very much a job of maximizing the talent already in the squad.

When you look through the ITFC squad, talent and potential is something we are not short of.

I'd actually like Evans to be bold and ruthless - get rid of Lambert now and bring in someone who can make Dozzell, Lankester, Woolfenden, Downes, Bishop, Dobra, El Miz top Championship / Premiership players. Lambert isn't a good enough coach to do this.
Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:39 - Jul 27 with 3264 viewsIpswichKnight

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:01 - Jul 27 by Basuco

Exactly this, we should be looking for a long term replacement for Chambers. Why are we so determined to only ever consider ex Town players.
Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:45 - Jul 27 with 3239 viewsBlueBadger

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:21 - Jul 27 by SitfcB

That was a purely down to wages. He’s on silly money! Think Lambert wanted him, although he only mentioned it a few weeks after as some sort of anecdote.

Or...

This business with Connor Wickham.... by Bloots 12 Feb 2020 13:48
....I assume this was covered last night, but I missed it, so if we did try and get him on loan then this implies that there was some money available for reinforcements.

So why did we then not get someone in who was in our price range?

It would be like being homeless singleton who could afford a nice two bedroom flat, refusing to buy anything other than an 8 bedroom mansion, and preferring to live on the streets.

Of course the alternative is that our manager is a massive liar.

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:48 - Jul 27 with 3220 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:39 - Jul 27 by IpswichKnight

Exactly this, we should be looking for a long term replacement for Chambers. Why are we so determined to only ever consider ex Town players.

For me it isn't really about the fact he is an ex-town player as much, the fact he was for so long means you know what we know what we would get from him.

I am looking more from the perspective of who will improve this squad irrelevant of whether they are ex town or not. Smith is a steep improvement on Wilson/Nsiala/Donacien. Nsiala/Donacien I would like to see moved on though, best for both parties.

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 23:09 - Jul 27 with 3135 viewsle2blue

Richard Keogh...from Harlow and was previously a ball boy at Portman Road and in our academy. Wouldn’t surprise if he was interested in returning. Not sure he’s what we need alongside wolfy and chambers though.
Stu Watson’s CB list... on 23:11 - Jul 27 with 3119 viewsCoastalblue

While I have little faith in our current incompetent incumbents, I never rated Tommy Smith.

There, I've said it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 23:35 - Jul 27 with 3031 viewsStNeotsBlue

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:29 - Jul 27 by Westcountryblue

Vincent Young looks a good deal, but his transfers have lacked any strategic direction - in that fact that they haven't been done to facilitate a system or a specified way of playing.

A good manager is one who can get every last inch of potential out of his squad. I hate to say it, but the Amazon documentary about Bielsa was a real eye opener. 2-3 good signings, but very much a job of maximizing the talent already in the squad.

When you look through the ITFC squad, talent and potential is something we are not short of.

I'd actually like Evans to be bold and ruthless - get rid of Lambert now and bring in someone who can make Dozzell, Lankester, Woolfenden, Downes, Bishop, Dobra, El Miz top Championship / Premiership players. Lambert isn't a good enough coach to do this.

I think we're vaguely in agreement, my point was Lamberts permanent signings haven't been too bad. What has been is the constant chopping and changing and lack of a coherent vision of how we should set up.

I think he has most of the tools to do good job but I'm not convinced he knows how to use them properly.
Stu Watson’s CB list... on 06:29 - Jul 28 with 2837 viewsChrisd

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 22:24 - Jul 27 by Westcountryblue

Keogh is a gnarly competitor and a much better CB than Chambers.
Has a point to prove and plenty of experience at Championship.
Providing the finance is right, i actually wouldn't mind both Keogh and Smith.
Both are much more reliable than Donacien and Nsiala who are total liabilities and must go this summer.

Throw Wilson in there too, another that just isn’t good enough to get us to where we want to be.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 07:09 - Jul 28 with 2777 viewsBlueBadger

Stu Watson’s CB list... on 23:11 - Jul 27 by Coastalblue

While I have little faith in our current incompetent incumbents, I never rated Tommy Smith.

There, I've said it.

At his best, Tommy is a decent-to-good Championship level centre half. Which is a massive step up on what we have now.
I'm starting to suspect that the only reason Lamebert won't sign him is that he'll remind people of the times when we actually had a competent manager.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 7:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024