Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here 15:19 - Sep 21 with 2021 viewsBrixtonBlue

How daft was Norwood's booking?! Absolute idiot. He'd had a talking to from the ref, told to calm down, and had gotten away with it... but then said something as he walked away and got pulled back.

Does my nut in when players get stupid bookings like that. Even saying the wrong thing in the heat of the moment is a bit more acceptable, but not when you're walking away and have avoided the booking. Brainless.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:28 - Sep 21 with 1978 viewsitfcjoe

Utterly brainless, just beyond stupid

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:35 - Sep 21 with 1961 viewsPJH

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:28 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

He is probably a person that likes to have the last word, not always a good idea when you are in conversation with a referee.

I think the majority of his yellow cards last season were for something he said too so doubt if it will be the last one this season.
Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:41 - Sep 21 with 1944 viewsBrixtonBlue

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:28 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

I'm listening/watching you on the pod at the moment. Interesting and informative stuff as always, although none of you mentioned the silliness of the booking (I think Rich just said "and Norwood got booked for offside/seemed frustrated).

Glad you agree with me that it could easily have been 4 or 5 with the chances!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:42 - Sep 21 with 1931 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He plays a little like that, always has and always will, its part of the package with him.

When he's banging goal, it will mean nothing, but when he's not right at it, it will be things like this that are pulled up.

I would say if that is what we have to worry about that we are doing fairly well right now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:44 - Sep 21 with 1923 viewsBrixtonBlue

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:42 - Sep 21 by TheTrueBlue1878

He plays a little like that, always has and always will, its part of the package with him.

When he's banging goal, it will mean nothing, but when he's not right at it, it will be things like this that are pulled up.

I would say if that is what we have to worry about that we are doing fairly well right now.

I understand it, like I said, in the heat of the moment. But when you've calmed down and are walking away?!

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:48 - Sep 21 with 1914 viewsitfcjoe

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:41 - Sep 21 by BrixtonBlue

I'm listening/watching you on the pod at the moment. Interesting and informative stuff as always, although none of you mentioned the silliness of the booking (I think Rich just said "and Norwood got booked for offside/seemed frustrated).

Glad you agree with me that it could easily have been 4 or 5 with the chances!

Yep, I probably should've mentioned it - we were all massively frustrated by it (even though he was onside....) . Like you say, he'd gotten away with it somehow as it was - but that just gives manager an excuse to hook him if he wasn't going to, admittedly I think he was anyway

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:56 - Sep 21 with 1858 viewsusm

Hes got attitude about him, which is no bad thing. Yes he will be annoying and frustrating at times but he'll annoy and frustrate the opposition more than he will us.
He looks like a goalscorer to me, when fit, just hope he has the desire to get fit and perform for us.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 16:13 - Sep 21 with 1817 viewsclive_baker

It was stupid and I'm not sure he's street wise enough to know where the line is. He's amassed a lot of bookings over his career and tends to get sent once off every season. I quite like that edge, we certainly lack a bit of attitude in the forward areas with the likes of Sears and Edwards but there's a fine line between being an annoyance & someone nobody likes playing against (in a good way) and just being petulant. I liked it in Garner, we don't get in the refs ear enough and I do think we're too soft at times, but you need to know where the line is.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 16:16 - Sep 21 with 1799 viewsBrixtonBlue

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 16:13 - Sep 21 by clive_baker

It was stupid and I'm not sure he's street wise enough to know where the line is. He's amassed a lot of bookings over his career and tends to get sent once off every season. I quite like that edge, we certainly lack a bit of attitude in the forward areas with the likes of Sears and Edwards but there's a fine line between being an annoyance & someone nobody likes playing against (in a good way) and just being petulant. I liked it in Garner, we don't get in the refs ear enough and I do think we're too soft at times, but you need to know where the line is.

Indeed. I like the attitude during play. Not sometime after play's stopped though.

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 16:18 - Sep 21 with 1799 viewsStokieBlue

It was mentioned but you are entirely right, it was a stupid thing to do and he should have been substituted then really. It was entirely his own fault he kept getting caught offside.

Week’s wages for that by Mullet 19 Sep 2020 16:13
Got away with it, had to say something more. Typical Norwood eh?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 16:54 - Sep 21 with 1717 viewsblueislander

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 16:13 - Sep 21 by clive_baker

There’s a big difference in “getting in the ref’s ear” and mindless and childish arguing which inevitably ends in a booking sooner or later.

I should add that I don’t understand football, so I hope Blubfish will forgive me if I got that wrong.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 17:04]
Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:09 - Sep 21 with 1676 viewsHerbivore

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 16:54 - Sep 21 by blueislander

There’s a big difference in “getting in the ref’s ear” and mindless and childish arguing which inevitably ends in a booking sooner or later.

I should add that I don’t understand football, so I hope Blubfish will forgive me if I got that wrong.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 17:04]

What's with the needless prods at Blubbers over multiple threads? All seems rather childish and unnecessary.

Norwood is a bellend. I find it hard to warm to him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:19 - Sep 21 with 1647 viewsblueislander

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:09 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

What's with the needless prods at Blubbers over multiple threads? All seems rather childish and unnecessary.

Oh. We have to treat him with kid gloves while he is free to continue with his constant anti-Lambert posts?
Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:40 - Sep 21 with 1609 viewsHerbivore

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:19 - Sep 21 by blueislander

Oh. We have to treat him with kid gloves while he is free to continue with his constant anti-Lambert posts?

Just a bit weird to be calling him out for no apparent reason across different threads. That's not treating him with kid gloves, it's just not being weird.

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:40 - Sep 21 with 1609 viewsPhilTWTD

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 15:48 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

Yep, I probably should've mentioned it - we were all massively frustrated by it (even though he was onside....) . Like you say, he'd gotten away with it somehow as it was - but that just gives manager an excuse to hook him if he wasn't going to, admittedly I think he was anyway

I think the frustration was that it was the latest in a number of very tight calls which went against us, there was another in the first half against Norwood which was similar. Thought the Lankester one later looked wrong as well.
Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:43 - Sep 21 with 1599 viewsBrixtonBlue

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:09 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

Because Blubbers is a bellend. I find it hard to warm to him.

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:46 - Sep 21 with 1588 viewsHerbivore

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:43 - Sep 21 by BrixtonBlue

Because Blubbers is a bellend. I find it hard to warm to him.

Just don't see the need for the poster to be calling him out on threads he's not been involved in. Very odd. I don't necessarily disagree with you either, I just don't think it's a very good justification.

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:52 - Sep 21 with 1572 viewsBrixtonBlue

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:46 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

Just don't see the need for the poster to be calling him out on threads he's not been involved in. Very odd. I don't necessarily disagree with you either, I just don't think it's a very good justification.

I've been called out on threads I wasn't involved in multiple times, including by Blubbers. He gives people (including Lambert) grief across multiple threads, so frankly this bit coming back is very mild.

Blubbers has pissed off a lot of people. Your message is often similar but you don't usually deliver it in such an irritating or frequent manner. Maybe you could give him a few tips.

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:56 - Sep 21 with 1566 viewsHerbivore

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:52 - Sep 21 by BrixtonBlue

I've been called out on threads I wasn't involved in multiple times, including by Blubbers. He gives people (including Lambert) grief across multiple threads, so frankly this bit coming back is very mild.

Blubbers has pissed off a lot of people. Your message is often similar but you don't usually deliver it in such an irritating or frequent manner. Maybe you could give him a few tips.

Two wrongs don't make a right though. If people find Blubbers annoying then behaving like him isn't really covering themselves in any glory. They're both acting like right Norwoods.

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 18:00 - Sep 21 with 1558 viewsBrixtonBlue

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:56 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

Two wrongs don't make a right though. If people find Blubbers annoying then behaving like him isn't really covering themselves in any glory. They're both acting like right Norwoods.

I don't think anyone behaves quite like Blubbers on here. He's unique.

Talking of mentalists, has anyone heard of Benters lately? Surprised he hasn't been back, unless he has in disguise.

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 18:01 - Sep 21 with 1557 viewsBlueBadger

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 17:46 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

I swear, half the people who complain about Blubbers constantly fishing for arguments, are nearly as bad as him in the whole 'fishing for arguments' stakes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 18:04 - Sep 21 with 1545 viewsBrixtonBlue

Something I forgot about, and haven't seen mentioned on here on 18:01 - Sep 21 by BlueBadger

I swear, half the people who complain about Blubbers constantly fishing for arguments, are nearly as bad as him in the whole 'fishing for arguments' stakes.

No, no they're not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024