Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( 14:36 - Oct 11 with 2562 viewsRyorry

Thanks a bunch (not) murdoch - again

I know many don't enjoy or bother following England internationals any more, but for those who do, it's another slap in the face from S**

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 14:52 - Oct 11 with 2525 viewssundaze

Murdoch sold Sky a couple of years ago.
So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 15:10 - Oct 11 with 2482 viewsJ2BLUE

It's not a slap in the face from Sky. They are a business adding content to try and get subscribers. It's a slap in the face from the FA who have chosen short term financial gain over the bigger picture of everyone seeing the national team.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 15:11 - Oct 11 with 2482 viewsBent_double

I didn't know the Eng v Wales game was on ITV the other night, just happened to be channel-hopping before it started and saw it was on!

I'll just listen to R5L (assuming it's on there) whilst cooking dinner, certainly wouldn't pay Sky to watch it. I think highlights will be on ITV later anyway, if it turns out to be a decent game.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 15:53 - Oct 11 with 2413 viewsuefacup81

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 15:11 - Oct 11 by Bent_double

I didn't know the Eng v Wales game was on ITV the other night, just happened to be channel-hopping before it started and saw it was on!

I'll just listen to R5L (assuming it's on there) whilst cooking dinner, certainly wouldn't pay Sky to watch it. I think highlights will be on ITV later anyway, if it turns out to be a decent game.

I think England are on TalkSport these days.

The national team should be freely available on the national broadcaster, end of. Not stuck behind paywalls or loaded with adverts.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 15:57 - Oct 11 with 2405 viewsHARRY10

check 5 mins before k.o.

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/69599/England_vs_Belgium.html
So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 17:52 - Oct 11 with 2276 viewsHARRY10

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 15:57 - Oct 11 by HARRY10

check 5 mins before k.o.

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/69599/England_vs_Belgium.html

The above link should show fans how easy it is to watch games, without being stung an extra £14.

Players on a quarter of a million a week do not need more money
So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:04 - Oct 11 with 2241 viewsJ2BLUE

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 17:52 - Oct 11 by HARRY10

The above link should show fans how easy it is to watch games, without being stung an extra £14.

You might want to edit it now as it can cause Phil and Gav problems.

While I see your point; the likes of Apple don't need more money either but it's still not acceptable to go into an Apple store and steal an iphone.

Truly impaired.

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:04 - Oct 11 with 2240 viewsgtsb1966

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 17:52 - Oct 11 by HARRY10

Fibre broadband, VPN and Mobdro. Who needs SKY.
Login to get fewer ads

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:07 - Oct 11 with 2224 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 15:53 - Oct 11 by uefacup81

I think England are on TalkSport these days.

The national team should be freely available on the national broadcaster, end of. Not stuck behind paywalls or loaded with adverts.

This.
So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:16 - Oct 11 with 2201 viewsHARRY10

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:04 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

While I see your point; the likes of Apple don't need more money either but it's still not acceptable to go into an Apple store and steal an iphone.

Stop being silly - that is no more stealing than is watching a game from a tower block looking down on the pitch,

Taking an iphone is taking an item, something that is tangible.
So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:18 - Oct 11 with 2195 viewsJ2BLUE

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:16 - Oct 11 by HARRY10

Stop being silly - that is no more stealing than is watching a game from a tower block looking down on the pitch,

Taking an iphone is taking an item, something that is tangible.

I think you'll find it is stealing...

I do realise that it isn't quite the same but it is quite clearly illegal.

Truly impaired.

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:20 - Oct 11 with 2190 viewsgtsb1966

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:04 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

And my way of watching is? Genuinely interested in what people think.
So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:21 - Oct 11 with 2180 viewsJ2BLUE

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:20 - Oct 11 by gtsb1966

Sorry? Are you asking how you're supposed to watch?

Truly impaired.

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:23 - Oct 11 with 2174 viewsgtsb1966

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:21 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Sorry? Are you asking how you're supposed to watch?

No... Just wondering if you think it's wrong or not to stream sport.
So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:23 - Oct 11 with 2174 viewsStokieBlue

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:20 - Oct 11 by gtsb1966

If you aren't paying for Sky Sports then any other method of watching it is illegal in the UK.

Not that fussed about you taking money off Sky but didn't agree with some other posters recommending services with free Sky and free iFollow where the club wouldn't get any money.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:26 - Oct 11 with 2162 viewsgtsb1966

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:23 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

If you aren't paying for Sky Sports then any other method of watching it is illegal in the UK.

Not that fussed about you taking money off Sky but didn't agree with some other posters recommending services with free Sky and free iFollow where the club wouldn't get any money.

SB

Ive never come across free ifollow to be honest.
So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:27 - Oct 11 with 2159 viewsJ2BLUE

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:23 - Oct 11 by gtsb1966

No... Just wondering if you think it's wrong or not to stream sport.

The law is the law. Sadly the greed of the governing bodies means more and more ends up requiring an extra payment. I love watching football but I won't be paying £15 a game to watch Premier League games so I won't see them.

Truly impaired.

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:28 - Oct 11 with 2153 viewsStokieBlue

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:26 - Oct 11 by gtsb1966

Ive never come across free ifollow to be honest.

Free was the wrong term, sorry.

I believe he said he paid 20 quid a month or something to get all sport on Sky, BT, foreign channels, all iFollows for all teams etc.

Clearly hugely illegal but he didn't see it that way.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:33 - Oct 11 with 2140 viewsgtsb1966

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 18:28 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

Free was the wrong term, sorry.

I believe he said he paid 20 quid a month or something to get all sport on Sky, BT, foreign channels, all iFollows for all teams etc.

Clearly hugely illegal but he didn't see it that way.

SB

I see. To be honest with you i hardly watch it. I was happily paying last year £19.99 for all the sports channels on Sky using NowTv but when they put it up to £25 i said enough is enough.
So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 20:55 - Oct 11 with 2037 viewsRyorry

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 15:10 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

It's not a slap in the face from Sky. They are a business adding content to try and get subscribers. It's a slap in the face from the FA who have chosen short term financial gain over the bigger picture of everyone seeing the national team.

Fair point, & I'll agree criticism's also due of the FA & the ECB etc., but it was Miredoch/Sky who planted the original seed about hiving various sports off so that the general public had to either cough up extra cash (which many couldn't/can't afford,) that had previously been free-to-air (paid for by licence fee or adverts) just so he & other privateers could get stinking rich and ruin football in the UK in the process.

SPOILER alert - So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 21:00 - Oct 11 with 2031 viewsRyorry

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 15:11 - Oct 11 by Bent_double

SPOILER alert -

What did you think of the R5l comm for Eng v Belg this eve? I thought first half dreadful - didn't realise either side had got a pen & then scored; nor that Belgium's first goal was disallowed, for a *very* long time - commentator didn't change his voice one tiny little bit from when either side was just passing it around in midfield! You'd have thought it was a L1 training game.

SPOILER alert - So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 21:21 - Oct 11 with 2010 viewsBent_double

SPOILER alert - So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 21:00 - Oct 11 by Ryorry

SPOILER alert -

What did you think of the R5l comm for Eng v Belg this eve? I thought first half dreadful - didn't realise either side had got a pen & then scored; nor that Belgium's first goal was disallowed, for a *very* long time - commentator didn't change his voice one tiny little bit from when either side was just passing it around in midfield! You'd have thought it was a L1 training game.

I gave up with it at half-time, then watched the dodgy stream that someone posted!

You're right though, it was very flat, but I got the same impression listening to Brenner yesterday - I didn't realise Chambers had scored initially. I think it must be the empty stadiums and lack of atmosphere.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 21:41 - Oct 11 with 1989 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Eng v Belgium 5pm isn't on terrestrial TV :( on 14:52 - Oct 11 by sundaze

Murdoch sold Sky a couple of years ago.

Although Sky snapped up the Nations League contract around the time he left, so he could well have been involved. Doesn’t really matter much either way though, they’re carrying on much as they were when Murdoch were there. Fans will always be secondary to them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024