Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in 22:18 - Oct 30 with 1134 viewsWeWereZombies

But just in case anyone gets challenged to a game of whack a mole by Kenny Jones I thought it sensible to give you some foreknowledge.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 22:50 - Oct 30 with 1098 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 22:59 - Oct 30 with 1091 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 23:41 - Oct 30 with 1070 viewsWeWereZombies

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 22:50 - Oct 30 by Melford

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 23:46 - Oct 30 with 1067 viewsHARRY10

hit dem skins

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 00:17 - Oct 31 with 1057 viewsWeWereZombies

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 00:24 - Oct 31 with 1052 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 00:34 - Oct 31 with 1048 viewsDarth_Koont

Great thread!

And if you need a drum solo to end it, here you go.

Pronouns: He/Him

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 00:59 - Oct 31 with 1042 viewsMelford

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 00:34 - Oct 31 by Darth_Koont

Great thread!

And if you need a drum solo to end it, here you go.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 07:20 - Oct 31 with 992 viewsurbanblue

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 07:50 - Oct 31 with 978 viewsvindicatedblue

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 08:00 - Oct 31 with 969 viewsurbanblue

Oooh, I forgot about this one. Fantastic drumming riff.

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 08:10 - Oct 31 with 964 viewsbluefunk

That’s the best cover of a Motown song ever and the song that came to mind when I read your title before I opened the thread.
Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 09:41 - Oct 31 with 935 viewsPendejo

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 23:41 - Oct 30 by WeWereZombies

Which leads naturally into cultural appropriation from the 80s

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 10:13 - Oct 31 with 918 viewsGuthrum

Have seen him do this live, very good (of the band Europe).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 10:45 - Oct 31 with 908 viewsWeWereZombies

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 07:50 - Oct 31 by vindicatedblue

Just as Hendrix took a Dylan song ('All Along The Watchtower' - which probably had lyrical inspiration from Ritchie Havens) and improved it to such an immeasurable extent that Dylan then had to provide shallow tribute versions when he played the song, I now expect a Joy Division / New Order / Electronic reformation to pay tribute to this much superior version contained in a recent radio programme - listen from eighteen minutes for the music but I recommend the whole programme for a full appreciation...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000n5yy

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 11:01 - Oct 31 with 896 viewsurbanblue

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 10:45 - Oct 31 by WeWereZombies

Just as Hendrix took a Dylan song ('All Along The Watchtower' - which probably had lyrical inspiration from Ritchie Havens) and improved it to such an immeasurable extent that Dylan then had to provide shallow tribute versions when he played the song, I now expect a Joy Division / New Order / Electronic reformation to pay tribute to this much superior version contained in a recent radio programme - listen from eighteen minutes for the music but I recommend the whole programme for a full appreciation...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000n5yy

You may like this very interesting version played on 1930's instruments ....

[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 11:03]
Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 11:15 - Oct 31 with 886 viewsWeWereZombies

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 09:41 - Oct 31 by Pendejo

Which leads naturally into cultural appropriation from the 80s

When you say cultural appropriation you talking about the footballers using nasal strips, yeh? Although I am not sure how effective Stuart Goddard's looks...

Taking things full circle the drummers of Burundi did a stage takeover on Echo andthe Bunnymen at least once:

Also, next time you listen to Take That...

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 11:17 - Oct 31 with 881 viewsfooters

(And almost the time of year for Rob Halford's Christmas album again!)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 11:42 - Oct 31 with 865 viewsWeWereZombies

Surely no one would start a Friday music thread with a track with a drum solo in on 11:01 - Oct 31 by urbanblue

You may like this very interesting version played on 1930's instruments ....

[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 11:03]

It's good but the absence of woodpeckers ruins it for me...

Anyway, same era of instruments but different vibe:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024