Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today’s ratings 19:04 - Nov 7 with 2109 viewsstiff_talking

Cornell - I would have preferred we spent his wages
On a goal scorer. Has the Keane hairdo which also reminds me of failure.

Donacien - nothing new from him today. A solid defender but struggles going forward. He will not get a contract extension.

Nsiala - looked uncomfortable on and off ball. I want him to succeed here but vultures are
circling again. Such a nice guy and is loved but we need more from the big man.

Mcguiness - He is going to have a great future but made mistakes today. Prefer we were developing our own players.

Kenlock - a reserve player who didn’t play well today but utility player who is fine to keep in the mix.

Nolan - Comeback game and took it lightly, but clearly good enough when interested. Nice goal!

Huws - looked real rusty and pace has gone. He deserves more than me telling
Him to pack it in as he was once a great player but he will have to dig deep to save his Ipswich career from here.

Sears - He nearly scorers, Nearly makes a tackle, Nearly crosses the ball and Nearly stay
On his feet. I’m done with Freddie lack of end product and he needs to grow some balls and actually give us something back. Overrated by most Town fans

Hawkins - A good signing but needs to play In a front 2. Not quick enough on his own up front to be a continuous goal threat.

Norwood - wonderful goal and has to play. Lambert needs to get off his back and instead find ways and means to motivate James. We need to play his strengths as Tranmere did....

Edwards - why does Lambert keep playing him on the wrong side ? You have to seriously question lambert tactics

Bennett - why is he even a consideration when you have Dobra ? Why develop someone else’s player who doesn’t seem to have any end product and ignore your own player who is an impact player ?

McGavin - calm and accurate on the ball and nice variation in set play kicks. Looks a little slow but a talent with the ball. Given the slow build up Lambert likes he should thrive

Lambert - since relegation has kept us on top 6 for long periods. But tactically, I question whether he has enough to get us over the line. Lots of pretty football and we are good to watch. But we lack cutting edge and Lambert isn’t helping us with certain decisions.

Why is Judge and Sears getting so much playing time and yet Neither look like match winners
Why is Dobra ignored ?
Why is Edwards not a priority on his favored side ?
Today’s ratings on 19:07 - Nov 7 with 2085 viewsBlueBadger

'We are good to watch'.

Guessing you missed the first half and extra time then.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Today’s ratings on 19:17 - Nov 7 with 2025 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Really harsh on Kenlock. I haven't looked at his stats, but he doesn't make many mistakes. I think we are lucky to have him as a second choice full back in League One.
Today’s ratings on 19:21 - Nov 7 with 1997 viewsstiff_talking

Today’s ratings on 19:07 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

'We are good to watch'.

Guessing you missed the first half and extra time then.

Generally our playing style has been an improvement so far
This season. Today was the B team.

I also feel James Wilson should be in starting 11. Another Mystery Lambert decision as
Wilson hardly put a foot wrong so far this season
Today’s ratings on 19:22 - Nov 7 with 1979 viewsstiff_talking

Today’s ratings on 19:21 - Nov 7 by stiff_talking

I also feel James Wilson should be in starting 11. Another Mystery Lambert decision as

Second choice and reserve player is the same thing. You said I was harsh and then repeated my statement !
Today’s ratings on 19:22 - Nov 7 with 1973 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, but Mick at his nadir would be an improvement on our past two two seasons.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Today’s ratings on 19:29 - Nov 7 with 1946 viewsWD19

Today’s ratings on 19:17 - Nov 7 by ArnoldMoorhen

Really harsh on Kenlock. I haven't looked at his stats, but he doesn't make many mistakes. I think we are lucky to have him as a second choice full back in League One.

Today’s ratings on 19:56 - Nov 7 with 1869 viewsStenvict

This whole "don't like developing someone else's player" is nonsense. If they help us get out this sh1te division, I couldn't care less. If we had half the team as loanees, fair enough, but it's 1 starter and 1 impact player that comes off the bench.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Today’s ratings on 20:11 - Nov 7 with 1817 viewsbackwaywhen

Wasn’t Dobra injured , if not yes he should have played .
Login to get fewer ads

Today’s ratings on 20:33 - Nov 7 with 1768 viewsDeano69

Today’s ratings on 19:17 - Nov 7 by ArnoldMoorhen

Thought he was easy on him. Really not a footballer.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Today’s ratings on 22:14 - Nov 7 with 1676 viewsstiff_talking

Today’s ratings on 20:33 - Nov 7 by Deano69

Thought he was easy on him. Really not a footballer.

The problem developing other clubs players is we get no money value from it at the end.

If we develop our own youngest we can increase the price tag and it will benefit the club if the owner chooses to reinvest it in playing squad.

I am all for loans that will get us up but Bennett is not player from my eyes .

Dobra should be in his shirt.

Chamboloah was played instead of Dozzell and lambert wants to bemoan our youth players appearance count ! Madness as appearances are don’t to him !
Today’s ratings on 23:18 - Nov 7 with 1603 viewsreusersfreekicks

Also puzzled by this
Today’s ratings on 23:22 - Nov 7 with 1593 viewsbilllm

Great post
Today’s ratings on 00:48 - Nov 8 with 1533 viewsVaughan8

I've not read through all the threads on here but do people think the GK should have done better with the first goal?

Also, is it a deliberate tactic to let the ball bounce (particularly Nsiala)? When I was young you were taught "don't let the ball bounce", but we did it several times when I thought would could have just kicked it...

This "wanting Nsiala to succeed" seems to be a weird trend as in its more than any other player. Sure I want Ipswich players to be good, but he clearly isn't.

The Bennetts transfer is a bit weird when we seem to have a fair few wingers. Would much rather see Dobra but maybe we're just picking holes.

Norwood definitely gives us something more threatening that Hawkins.

Sears (and Judge) doesn't seem any better than the youngsters so I would much rather be playing Lankester and Dobra ahead of him but maybe he brings something i'm not seeing (he did play the ball through to Norwood today I suppose!)

Not sure if today is like it has been all season, but this playing slow balls across the back 4 for long period is really boring and not very effective. see goal 2 for what a forward pass can do!
Today’s ratings on 00:54 - Nov 8 with 1525 viewsJimmyJazz

Today’s ratings on 00:48 - Nov 8 by Vaughan8

I've not read through all the threads on here but do people think the GK should have done better with the first goal?

Also, is it a deliberate tactic to let the ball bounce (particularly Nsiala)? When I was young you were taught "don't let the ball bounce", but we did it several times when I thought would could have just kicked it...

This "wanting Nsiala to succeed" seems to be a weird trend as in its more than any other player. Sure I want Ipswich players to be good, but he clearly isn't.

The Bennetts transfer is a bit weird when we seem to have a fair few wingers. Would much rather see Dobra but maybe we're just picking holes.

Norwood definitely gives us something more threatening that Hawkins.

Sears (and Judge) doesn't seem any better than the youngsters so I would much rather be playing Lankester and Dobra ahead of him but maybe he brings something i'm not seeing (he did play the ball through to Norwood today I suppose!)

Not sure if today is like it has been all season, but this playing slow balls across the back 4 for long period is really boring and not very effective. see goal 2 for what a forward pass can do!

The first is all on Cornell, he setup a 3 man wall and then wasn't able to cover the left hand post

Don't know about looking like Keane, to me he looks like Gerken back in goal again

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Today’s ratings on 06:27 - Nov 8 with 1455 viewsHarry_Palmer

Fair summary, agree with pretty much all of that.

It's certainly infuriating that he won't play Edwards on the left, bemusing that he plays Judge at all, and a mystery that Wilson has dropped below Nsiala in the pecking order having really not done a lot wrong.
Today’s ratings on 06:54 - Nov 8 with 1435 viewsgordon

Today’s ratings on 19:56 - Nov 7 by Stenvict

This whole "don't like developing someone else's player" is nonsense. If they help us get out this sh1te division, I couldn't care less. If we had half the team as loanees, fair enough, but it's 1 starter and 1 impact player that comes off the bench.

It isn't clear that Bennetts or McGuinness are better that our own players though. No problem with loans like Celina, Lawrence or Fraser etc.
Today’s ratings on 09:52 - Nov 8 with 1299 viewsJimmyJazz

Today’s ratings on 06:27 - Nov 8 by Harry_Palmer

Fair summary, agree with pretty much all of that.

It's certainly infuriating that he won't play Edwards on the left, bemusing that he plays Judge at all, and a mystery that Wilson has dropped below Nsiala in the pecking order having really not done a lot wrong.

Given that yesterday was our 'B Team' does that suggest first choice is Wolf and Wilson while Chambers is at RB?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Today’s ratings on 10:07 - Nov 8 with 1267 viewsHarry_Palmer

Today’s ratings on 09:52 - Nov 8 by JimmyJazz

Given that yesterday was our 'B Team' does that suggest first choice is Wolf and Wilson while Chambers is at RB?

I think it is probably Wolf and McGuinness at he moment but who knows with Lambert.
Today’s ratings on 12:40 - Nov 8 with 1158 viewsLuggworm

Today’s ratings on 09:52 - Nov 8 by JimmyJazz

First choice is Wolf and Chambers with KVY at RB
Today’s ratings on 12:57 - Nov 8 with 1143 viewsDennyx4

Today’s ratings on 00:54 - Nov 8 by JimmyJazz

The first is all on Cornell, he setup a 3 man wall and then wasn't able to cover the left hand post

Don't know about looking like Keane, to me he looks like Gerken back in goal again

Agree, The wall has to cover that side of the goal - you should have to go over the wall to score that side.

The setting up of the wall was the problem.

Thought McGuiness dived in to give the free kick away, when he didn't need to also.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024