Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be more positive 10:15 - Nov 22 with 3808 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

That’s my message. We are 3rd after 12 games. Unless I’m looking at the table upside down, I don’t see what Lambert could improve or change right now that suddenly takes us where after 12 games... 3rd?

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Be more positive on 10:17 - Nov 22 with 1418 viewsnoggin

See last season for details.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Be more positive on 10:18 - Nov 22 with 1408 viewsBlueBadger

You must be very easily pleased if you're struggling to see what could be improved from yesterday's shower.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Be more positive on 10:19 - Nov 22 with 1403 viewsStokieBlue

Despite the old adage the table does lie and telling a whopping porkie at the moment.

We don't deserve to be third, we are lucky to be 3rd. If we hadn't scored yesterday in the 96th minute we would be 8th or something - what would you be posting then?

The issue is that we are getting some results but if it's not deserved or convincing then sooner or later we will stop getting those results.

If you can't see that or what PL needs to change then I expect to see you on here in 6 months complaining when we are 12th.

Yesterday was utterly dire.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Be more positive on 10:21 - Nov 22 with 1388 viewskeighleyblue

Be more positive on 10:17 - Nov 22 by noggin

See last season for details.

Fortune teller are you???? The backwards facing negativity on this board is incredible.

No I am not blinkered and Yes we were laboured yesterday. But we are third on goal difference, I'd take that - unless you feel we should be top P12 W12?
Be more positive on 10:22 - Nov 22 with 1379 viewsBlueBadger

Be more positive on 10:19 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

Despite the old adage the table does lie and telling a whopping porkie at the moment.

We don't deserve to be third, we are lucky to be 3rd. If we hadn't scored yesterday in the 96th minute we would be 8th or something - what would you be posting then?

The issue is that we are getting some results but if it's not deserved or convincing then sooner or later we will stop getting those results.

If you can't see that or what PL needs to change then I expect to see you on here in 6 months complaining when we are 12th.

SB

I seem to recall seeing us 4th in the live table when we got the equaliser, but we were sitting 8th prior to that.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 10:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Be more positive on 10:22 - Nov 22 with 1379 viewsnoggin

SB

"Yesterday was utterly dire."

That's the truth of the matter and it wasn't a one off.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Be more positive on 10:23 - Nov 22 with 1369 viewsStokieBlue

Be more positive on 10:21 - Nov 22 by keighleyblue

Fortune teller are you???? The backwards facing negativity on this board is incredible.

No I am not blinkered and Yes we were laboured yesterday. But we are third on goal difference, I'd take that - unless you feel we should be top P12 W12?

Using past evidence to project forward when the variables haven't changed is perfectly acceptable and actually sensible approach.

What isn't sensible is expecting a different outcome from the same circumstances when nothing has changed.

SB

Be more positive on 10:23 - Nov 22 with 1368 viewsBlueBadger

Be more positive on 10:21 - Nov 22 by keighleyblue

Sadly, the pattern is exactly the same as last season. A promising start before a series of increasingly lucky results before finally collapsing. Going on our performances we're nearing that point, right now.

Login to get fewer ads

Be more positive on 10:26 - Nov 22 with 1349 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Be more positive on 10:18 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

You must be very easily pleased if you're struggling to see what could be improved from yesterday's shower.

There’s always improvements to be had game on game and I’m not saying we deserved it, but we won the game at the end of the day and that’s 3 more points to getting out of this league.

Here’s some positives

- 3 points
- 6 home wins out of 6
- Goals from midfield - and that’s without our two top scorers on the pitch
- 1st goal conceded at home in the league
- 3rd in the league - that’s all I can ask for with a quarter of the season played

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Be more positive on 10:27 - Nov 22 with 1337 viewsfooters

Be more positive on 10:23 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Sadly, the pattern is exactly the same as last season. A promising start before a series of increasingly lucky results before finally collapsing. Going on our performances we're nearing that point, right now.

Ah, we haven't reached the 'blip' after New Year yet, so plenty to look forward to.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Be more positive on 10:28 - Nov 22 with 1330 viewsBlueBadger

Be more positive on 10:26 - Nov 22 by IPSWICHFANITFC

There’s always improvements to be had game on game and I’m not saying we deserved it, but we won the game at the end of the day and that’s 3 more points to getting out of this league.

Here’s some positives

- 3 points
- 6 home wins out of 6
- 3rd in the league - that’s all I can ask for with a quarter of the season played

Here's the negatives:

1. We were terrible and very lucky
2. We''ve been terrible and lucky for weeks
3. The manager is terrible
4. The manager has been lucky for years
5. We have a glut of injuries, again.
6. Alan Judge will almost certainly play again on Tuesday.
7. Hull are a much better team that Shrewsbury.
8. This time last season we were top, clear and threw it away.

Lambert out.

Be more positive on 10:28 - Nov 22 with 1329 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

SB

I’d probably be posting to be more positive with where we are in the league table.

Be more positive on 10:29 - Nov 22 with 1326 viewspointofblue

Be more positive on 10:22 - Nov 22 by noggin

"Yesterday was utterly dire."

That's the truth of the matter and it wasn't a one off.

And that’s the problem. Every team has bad matches, and winning them is a sign of a good side, but we seem to be having them over and over again. And it is a repeat of last season where we started off looking reasonably decent and slowly our form fades as opponents work us out and, tactically, Lambert can’t solve the issues which come out of this.

Oddly I’d say our better performances of late have probably come in spells against the stronger sides - Sunderland second half, Portsmouth second half, Doncaster up to their equaliser, maybe stretching it Lincoln second half where we were slightly unfortunate with the penalty - but we have not been able to prolong this nor take advantage of it.

Arguably that bodes well for Hull that we should at least up our game but with the injury crisis we’re now suffering I think I’d be happy with a draw.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Be more positive on 10:29 - Nov 22 with 1323 viewsHealysBackPocket

Be more positive on 10:27 - Nov 22 by footers

Ah, we haven't reached the 'blip' after New Year yet, so plenty to look forward to.

Coupled with the small glimmer of hope when we spend a week top of the table at the end of January only to enter an irreversible freefall in the first week of Feb
Be more positive on 10:31 - Nov 22 with 1311 viewsBlueBadger

Be more positive on 10:29 - Nov 22 by HealysBackPocket

Coupled with the small glimmer of hope when we spend a week top of the table at the end of January only to enter an irreversible freefall in the first week of Feb

Still, The Football Is Better Now.

Be more positive on 10:32 - Nov 22 with 1295 viewsStokieBlue

Be more positive on 10:28 - Nov 22 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I’d probably be posting to be more positive with where we are in the league table.

Posts and opinions should be based on facts, hence the tone of my post.

You've not addressed any of the points - if you can address them with salient points then perhaps people might feel more positive

Do you honestly think yesterday was a good performance? Did we deserve to win?

SB

Be more positive on 10:33 - Nov 22 with 1294 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Be more positive on 10:28 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Here's the negatives:

Lambert out.

Where did you want Ipswich to be after 12 games then?

Be more positive on 10:33 - Nov 22 with 1287 viewsStokieBlue

Be more positive on 10:33 - Nov 22 by IPSWICHFANITFC

You're totally missing the point.

The position is excellent, however the position is false and unsustainable.

SB

Be more positive on 10:34 - Nov 22 with 1287 viewsBlueBadger

In the Championship, playing under a competent manager after sacking Lambert in May 2019.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 10:35]

Be more positive on 10:36 - Nov 22 with 1265 viewsBlueBadger

Be more positive on 10:28 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Here's the negatives:

Lambert out.

I'd welcome the views of 'the realist' here, given that he/she appears to be not actually viewing the reality of what ITC on the ground look like.

Be more positive on 10:36 - Nov 22 with 1262 viewspointofblue

I’d prefer us to be eighth but looking like we were gelling as a team with improving performances across the pitch rather than third and - exactly the same last year - looking like we’re desperately trying to find the reverse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Be more positive on 10:37 - Nov 22 with 1252 viewsHerbivore

Be more positive on 10:26 - Nov 22 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Here’s some positives

- 3 points
- 6 home wins out of 6

When you look at our fixtures we've only played 3 of the sides likely to be in the top 8 come the end of the season and we've lost all three of those games. We've had a comparatively easy start, especially at home, so where we are currently is a bare minimum expectation imo. And the worry is that performances seem to be getting worse, not better. We saw last season a number of sides looking to get stronger as the season went on and they began to gel. This squad has, more or less, been together for over a year now with a few additions and yet there's no sign of us improving or becoming greater than the sum of our parts. Everything points to this season falling apart like last season did if we persist with Lambert.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Be more positive on 10:38 - Nov 22 with 1240 viewsHerbivore

Top, especially when you look at our comparatively kind fixtures thus far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Be more positive on 10:39 - Nov 22 with 1235 viewsHealysBackPocket

Be more positive on 10:36 - Nov 22 by pointofblue

I’d prefer us to be eighth but looking like we were gelling as a team with improving performances across the pitch rather than third and - exactly the same last year - looking like we’re desperately trying to find the reverse.

I think this is the biggest thing for me - the team that was on the pitch yesterday looked like (as has been the case so many times the last 18 months) they'd met in the dressing room pre-match for the first time instead of a team who should've been sharp and playing with some level of cohesion having had the last 2 weeks to work on it.
Be more positive on 10:39 - Nov 22 with 1228 viewspatrickswell

SB

Peterborough are second and have lost their last two games to “inferior” sides that we beat. Are they in a false position as well?

We played poorly, I agree, but, as a fan base, we need to to drop this snobbishness about winning football matches. It has played a large part in leading us to where we currently find ourselves as a football club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024