Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality 14:25 - Nov 22 with 2488 viewsIllinoisblue

But what is it with Lambert’s prickly attitude? Instead of going to war with the press pack after yesterday’s game, imagine if he’d come in smiling and joked “sorry for that, I’m having Marcus look into refunds for everyone who paid to watch” a little humour would go a long way.

He was a very good player 20 odd years ago, and a good manager 10 years ago. He comes across as a sour failure right now.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 14:28 - Nov 22 with 2469 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just clocked another W next to the scorecard. Wasn’t as bad as some have made out.

Not a fan of that prickly attitude from him, but more so didn’t think he was very polite to Brenner when Brenner said nothing, absolutely nothing wrong to him.

Would be more understanding had Brenner said something ill-mannered first, but he didn’t.

Maybe they don’t see eye to eye them two, I don’t know.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 15:05 - Nov 22 with 2391 viewshadleighboyblue

He came here and won the fans over by being Mr Nice Guy , but he knows he is struggling now and he is trying to convince people he knows what he's doing , but he knows himself that he's messing up and people have seen through his smoke screen So he's very touchy with anyone doubting him .

He didn't sound too pleased with Walker's comments either !
Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 15:16 - Nov 22 with 2357 viewsJ2BLUE

Deflection tactics. He knows our position if a house of cards.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 15:26 - Nov 22 with 2336 viewsgordon

Yeah, exactly this. If he did that, you'd just be more convinced that he has a plan, a clue, an idea of what's going wrong. The problem for him is that he doesn't. When we don't play well, he just has no inkling what's going wrong - that's what's so scary about him as a manager - sure sometimes it might go right, but if we fall into a slump and the players confidence goes, there'll be no way out with him at the helm.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 15:26]
Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 15:31 - Nov 22 with 2312 viewsMullet

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 14:28 - Nov 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Just clocked another W next to the scorecard. Wasn’t as bad as some have made out.

Not a fan of that prickly attitude from him, but more so didn’t think he was very polite to Brenner when Brenner said nothing, absolutely nothing wrong to him.

Would be more understanding had Brenner said something ill-mannered first, but he didn’t.

Maybe they don’t see eye to eye them two, I don’t know.

What "wasn't as bad as some made out"? The game or his interview?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 15:32 - Nov 22 with 2309 viewsstringy

and the logic no longer holds of him establishing bunker mentality and protecting his team by saying how terrific we were (when patently not) when he then takes McGavin down a notch so publicly
Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 15:52 - Nov 22 with 2262 viewsLankHenners

You sort of expect managers to defend themselves/the players after poor performances and any humility is a nice touch. However, he’s straight up rude and antagonistic for no reason, and when Brenner tried to get away from the complaints of the press being too negative by praising McGavin he lambasts him for being too positive and digs McGavin out in public.

There does seem to be something of an ‘old school’ style of manager-press relationship where they don’t like engaging with it so the manager looks down their nose at them and tries to belittle them which makes Lambert come across as unpleasant and unlikable. More ‘modern’ managers often get that it’s part of the deal and, unless they’re properly pissed off, tend to engage with questions and speak with a bit more honesty.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 16:05 - Nov 22 with 2235 viewsitfcjoe

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 15:52 - Nov 22 by LankHenners

You sort of expect managers to defend themselves/the players after poor performances and any humility is a nice touch. However, he’s straight up rude and antagonistic for no reason, and when Brenner tried to get away from the complaints of the press being too negative by praising McGavin he lambasts him for being too positive and digs McGavin out in public.

There does seem to be something of an ‘old school’ style of manager-press relationship where they don’t like engaging with it so the manager looks down their nose at them and tries to belittle them which makes Lambert come across as unpleasant and unlikable. More ‘modern’ managers often get that it’s part of the deal and, unless they’re properly pissed off, tend to engage with questions and speak with a bit more honesty.

The EADT guys were asked about him on pod at start of season and Watson’s advice was for him to try and be himself as opposed to this front put on, it’s like his back is constantly up.

Miles away from PR Paul at the start of his reign where he was actively trying to engage with everyone

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 16:16 - Nov 22 with 2190 viewsrattram

If you read PL's comments on the club site, he says he's happy we kept going, but some things he wasn't happy with!
I'm not happy and if we don't get promotion he has to be sacked
Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 16:16 - Nov 22 with 2188 viewsLankHenners

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 16:05 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

The EADT guys were asked about him on pod at start of season and Watson’s advice was for him to try and be himself as opposed to this front put on, it’s like his back is constantly up.

Miles away from PR Paul at the start of his reign where he was actively trying to engage with everyone

Miles away. It really is end of Mick stuff where it’s ‘us v them’ but ‘them’ includes the press and fans because he just comes across so badly in interviews.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 16:17 - Nov 22 with 2183 viewsitfcjoe

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 16:16 - Nov 22 by LankHenners

Miles away. It really is end of Mick stuff where it’s ‘us v them’ but ‘them’ includes the press and fans because he just comes across so badly in interviews.

I think the players fall in the them category too!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 19:28 - Nov 22 with 2008 viewsBlueBadger

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 16:17 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

I think the players fall in the them category too!

Only if they're under 30. I doubt you'd hear him digging out Judge the way he des the younger players.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 20:11 - Nov 22 with 1955 viewsITFC_96

He's annoyed that he's only being paid half million quid a year, because he's definitely worth at least 3 or 4 times that much.

Just look at how good his results are.
Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 20:14 - Nov 22 with 1948 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 15:31 - Nov 22 by Mullet

What "wasn't as bad as some made out"? The game or his interview?

Game.

Interview very poor.

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 20:16 - Nov 22 with 1941 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 19:28 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Only if they're under 30. I doubt you'd hear him digging out Judge the way he des the younger players.

Another very good and valid point.

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 20:47 - Nov 22 with 1901 viewsMullet

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 20:14 - Nov 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Game.

Interview very poor.

I can't say I've seen a single person, let alone a vague consensus doing that. On the other hand, a few have been trying to paint the fact we won as superceding the very obvious concernes people have about a display as bad as that.

What am I missing?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 20:52 - Nov 22 with 1891 viewsPJH

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 20:47 - Nov 22 by Mullet

I can't say I've seen a single person, let alone a vague consensus doing that. On the other hand, a few have been trying to paint the fact we won as superceding the very obvious concernes people have about a display as bad as that.

What am I missing?

I think that it is more than a month since we last actually looked quite good so in that respect yesterday was not too much worse than what we have become used to.
Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 22:44 - Nov 22 with 1824 viewstextbackup

Obviously you can’t change someone’s personality on 20:52 - Nov 22 by PJH

I think that it is more than a month since we last actually looked quite good so in that respect yesterday was not too much worse than what we have become used to.

however that said, and I know its highlights, but a few of the moves involving bish mcgavin and Lancaster really were lovely.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024