Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas 16:30 - Dec 19 with 1437 viewsBluefish

Should have been cancelled weeks ago. Utterly clueless idea from a shambles government

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 16:35 - Dec 19 with 1399 viewsPJH

Good job that they are not footballers because they would forever be getting sent off for late tackles.
Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 16:52 - Dec 19 with 1311 viewsEdmundo

For Christians this is a big deal, and to call it this late in Advent is pretty stupid. We know two things: relaxing the rules was going to be a massive gamble, but equally all viruses mutate towards becoming more infectious but less deadly. What part of this meant Boris and Hancock had to play it out like this? Callous really, isn't it? They had to be stupid/naive or asleep to think the plans would work.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 16:57 - Dec 19 with 1277 viewsgtsb1966

When this first hit in February I new and expected mistakes would be made because it is something like we've never faced before. The furlough scheme etc was a pat on the back for the government from me way back then but now.......they really are a clueless bunch. It's like one long episode of Dads Army but without the laughs.
Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 17:13 - Dec 19 with 1185 viewshomer_123

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 16:52 - Dec 19 by Edmundo

For Christians this is a big deal, and to call it this late in Advent is pretty stupid. We know two things: relaxing the rules was going to be a massive gamble, but equally all viruses mutate towards becoming more infectious but less deadly. What part of this meant Boris and Hancock had to play it out like this? Callous really, isn't it? They had to be stupid/naive or asleep to think the plans would work.

Conversely anyone that planned for a 'normal' Xmas needs their head testing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 17:15 - Dec 19 with 1168 viewsdavblue

They had to do something, if they didn't they would have been battered and in taking this action which they probably should have at the start of the xmas planning season.

Im no sympathiser of the government, but they have to do something.

Food shopping is going to be fun next week, i suspect the virus will really take hold next week and the week after as people will be going crazy for Christmas, not going to be a fun few weeks which im gutted about but hopefully it's just this Christmas.
Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 17:20 - Dec 19 with 1147 viewsgtsb1966

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 17:15 - Dec 19 by davblue

They had to do something, if they didn't they would have been battered and in taking this action which they probably should have at the start of the xmas planning season.

Im no sympathiser of the government, but they have to do something.

Food shopping is going to be fun next week, i suspect the virus will really take hold next week and the week after as people will be going crazy for Christmas, not going to be a fun few weeks which im gutted about but hopefully it's just this Christmas.

Yes they had to do something. Maybe not telling people they could mix five days over Xmas would've been a start. Everyone told them that it was a bad idea.
Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 19:54 - Dec 19 with 1019 viewsitfcjoe

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 17:20 - Dec 19 by gtsb1966

Yes they had to do something. Maybe not telling people they could mix five days over Xmas would've been a start. Everyone told them that it was a bad idea.

And then on Wednesday confirming that it would be happening just trying to point score against Labour, a load of people will have pressed on with their plans after that confirmation

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 19:56 - Dec 19 with 1013 viewsjeera

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 19:54 - Dec 19 by itfcjoe

And then on Wednesday confirming that it would be happening just trying to point score against Labour, a load of people will have pressed on with their plans after that confirmation

Johnson having the front to mock Starmer for questioning the reasoning, the thick piece of sh1t.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 20:00 - Dec 19 with 999 viewspointofblue

They may have managed to keep Christmas 'normal' in a sense if they had kept full restrictions in place up to, say, the 23rd then went back into lockdown on the 27th. The insistence on lifting restrictions at the start of the month was ridiculous stupidity - all because they didn't want to financially rescue hospitality or retail.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 20:00 - Dec 19 with 997 viewsjeera

Well yes and no.

Christmas the concept isn't cancelled and if someone is a Christian and believes in what Christmas itself signifies, I don't think not stuffing one's face with turkey will make much difference!

It also seems a bit odd to me if Christians, or anyone who follows anything really, doesn't seem to be complaining a bit more about Him/[choose whatever deity here] not doing a bit more to help out in getting rid of the bloody virus.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 20:03]

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 20:03 - Dec 19 with 981 viewsvapour_trail

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 17:13 - Dec 19 by homer_123

Conversely anyone that planned for a 'normal' Xmas needs their head testing.

That as it may be, there’s a cohort on this board very quick to get on the case of anyone who isn’t three steps ahead of the government.

It is wearisome.

I say that as someone who is holding up through all of this. There’ll be plenty having more of a struggle. It would be good to see less sanctimony and more cutting people some slack.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 20:10 - Dec 19 with 958 viewsjeera

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 20:03 - Dec 19 by vapour_trail

That as it may be, there’s a cohort on this board very quick to get on the case of anyone who isn’t three steps ahead of the government.

It is wearisome.

I say that as someone who is holding up through all of this. There’ll be plenty having more of a struggle. It would be good to see less sanctimony and more cutting people some slack.

Speaking for myself I am more than irritated that I have been a hermit in preparation for visiting my mum who also lives alone. She's 83 and not her best anymore. Not seen her in a year mate and am concerned she's approaching her last year or so.

I have spent the past several weeks wondering if I will get to see my own mother again.

Because of the spike I'm now possibly looking at a more restricted visit despite never testing the boundaries myself.

So I am in the camp of fully understanding people who equally have the hump.

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 20:12 - Dec 19 with 941 viewsvapour_trail

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 20:10 - Dec 19 by jeera

Speaking for myself I am more than irritated that I have been a hermit in preparation for visiting my mum who also lives alone. She's 83 and not her best anymore. Not seen her in a year mate and am concerned she's approaching her last year or so.

I have spent the past several weeks wondering if I will get to see my own mother again.

Because of the spike I'm now possibly looking at a more restricted visit despite never testing the boundaries myself.

So I am in the camp of fully understanding people who equally have the hump.

I feel for you mate. I hope you manage to get something sorted , even if it’s sub-optimal.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 20:46 - Dec 19 with 882 viewsKieran_Knows

Johnson out.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas on 23:40 - Dec 19 with 764 viewsKropotkin123

I'm not sure if I'm deserving of a whoosh. Generally speaking, viruses mutate to become less deadly. But they don't have a 100% success rate, so certainly not all. Some of the most deadly viruses simply kill too quickly and die out, rather than mutating towards something tolerable.

The Spanish flu became most deadly in the second wave, before becoming more stable.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024