Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players 09:59 - Jan 10 with 1423 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Has to be goodbye to Chambers, Huws, Judge and Ward (terrible again yesterday). Huws (who I know has been unwell) was completely anonymous and looks so off the pace - it’s as if the game has moved on and left him behind.

Why on earth didn’t we attack Caddis after his yellow card? Dobra rarely saw the ball after 20mins and everything went down the other side.

Judge was absolute garbage contrary to what the Sky commentators were saying. He is not an effective floating player.

Norwood did well (again) when he came on. Can’t say he’s a player I particularly warm to but he’s streets ahead of any of our other strikers and makes runs in behind that actually give us an outlet.
Players on 10:12 - Jan 10 with 1363 viewsSomethingBlue

Was interested to hear (and see in highlights) how well Thompson did at LB for Swindon. Very, very tidy player who cost Brentford a lot of money from Arsenal. Would have fitted in very nicely with the approach we claim to be taking so it's a shame they took him on loan. Continuing with two veteran full-backs is not sustainable.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Players on 10:16 - Jan 10 with 1336 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Players on 10:12 - Jan 10 by SomethingBlue

Was interested to hear (and see in highlights) how well Thompson did at LB for Swindon. Very, very tidy player who cost Brentford a lot of money from Arsenal. Would have fitted in very nicely with the approach we claim to be taking so it's a shame they took him on loan. Continuing with two veteran full-backs is not sustainable.

He looked a very tidy player but wasn’t up against much.
Players on 10:20 - Jan 10 with 1320 viewsblueoxford

Players on 10:16 - Jan 10 by PrideOfTheEast

He looked a very tidy player but wasn’t up against much.

I thought Judge had a good game yesterday.

Jackson however was anonymous in a position that clearly doesn’t suit him
Phil on 10:36 - Jan 10 with 1281 viewsfactual_blue

Phil - football post. Would you mind moving it please? by factual_blue 10 Jan 2021 10:36
Thanks in anticipation.

[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 12:55]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Players on 10:39 - Jan 10 with 1274 viewsitfcjoe

I find it very difficult to write off the players who are just being hung out to dry by a totally incompetent management team - yes Chambers and Ward have struggled in recent games but should they, at 35, be put in a position where they are expected to be our main attacking outlets, whilst being protected by Kayden Jackson and Armando Dobra?

Would they be good enough if playing a simple 442? I'd say comfortably.

Huws does look shot, but wonder how much of that is his illness. Judge was a player still in the Ireland squad until last season.

If Mick McCarthy was here, we'd be a much better team and Ward, Chambers and Judge would all be starting week in-week out.

It's a total failure of management for me, and makes it incredibly difficult to judge who is letting us down on the pitch, because for their 1st goal last night, Chambers going infield with his man when he carries the ball inside should need lead to their full back being given all the time in the world to pick out that cross and a free header from the runner. One mistake shouldn't be so costly.

We cannot create chances, because we have such a defensive structure that no-one dares press or try and make anything happen because it totally exposes us. I'd like to see what a new manager would make of this squad, and quickly.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Players on 13:29 - Jan 10 with 1117 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Players on 10:39 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

I find it very difficult to write off the players who are just being hung out to dry by a totally incompetent management team - yes Chambers and Ward have struggled in recent games but should they, at 35, be put in a position where they are expected to be our main attacking outlets, whilst being protected by Kayden Jackson and Armando Dobra?

Would they be good enough if playing a simple 442? I'd say comfortably.

Huws does look shot, but wonder how much of that is his illness. Judge was a player still in the Ireland squad until last season.

If Mick McCarthy was here, we'd be a much better team and Ward, Chambers and Judge would all be starting week in-week out.

It's a total failure of management for me, and makes it incredibly difficult to judge who is letting us down on the pitch, because for their 1st goal last night, Chambers going infield with his man when he carries the ball inside should need lead to their full back being given all the time in the world to pick out that cross and a free header from the runner. One mistake shouldn't be so costly.

We cannot create chances, because we have such a defensive structure that no-one dares press or try and make anything happen because it totally exposes us. I'd like to see what a new manager would make of this squad, and quickly.

Downvoted by accident.

It’ll be interesting to see what the team is next week.

Huws (regardless of illness) has seldom had a good game. There’s just no way he’s up to it. Judge is far too busy which spreads everybody all over the place and he’s just not got the creativity to justify including him.

Surely we’re a 442 side at present.
Players on 13:38 - Jan 10 with 1094 viewsitfcjoe

Players on 13:29 - Jan 10 by PrideOfTheEast

Downvoted by accident.

It’ll be interesting to see what the team is next week.

Huws (regardless of illness) has seldom had a good game. There’s just no way he’s up to it. Judge is far too busy which spreads everybody all over the place and he’s just not got the creativity to justify including him.

Surely we’re a 442 side at present.

Just need to go back to basics, 2 up front and a high press. Get in the oppositions faces and allow 1 midfielder to give the defence some protection

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Players on 13:52 - Jan 10 with 1054 viewsPJH

Players on 13:38 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

Just need to go back to basics, 2 up front and a high press. Get in the oppositions faces and allow 1 midfielder to give the defence some protection

That is so sensible and logical but it will probably not happen.

Downes coming back, if he is back, will help a lot because we have been playing a lot of this season with a non-tackling midfield.

The trouble is that the best player on our books for giving the defence some protection has not played at all this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Players on 13:58 - Jan 10 with 1029 viewsgordon

Players on 13:38 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

Completely agree - Norwood and Jackson up front, Downes and Dozzell in the centre for now. When / if Bishop is fit them there's a decision to make, but I think a midfield 4 of Edwards, Downes, Dozzell and Bishop could work if KVY played on same side as Bishop to provide attacking width.

Bit of a long-shot, but I also wonder if we could end the season with Nydam and KVY at full-back.
Players on 14:03 - Jan 10 with 1006 viewswkj

Players on 13:52 - Jan 10 by PJH

That is so sensible and logical but it will probably not happen.

Downes coming back, if he is back, will help a lot because we have been playing a lot of this season with a non-tackling midfield.

The trouble is that the best player on our books for giving the defence some protection has not played at all this season.

I think Downes is going, I honestly would not be shocked if he's played his last game for us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Players on 14:16 - Jan 10 with 963 viewsPJH

Players on 14:03 - Jan 10 by wkj

I think Downes is going, I honestly would not be shocked if he's played his last game for us.

You could be right, I think that one or more of our 'better' players may well go this window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024