Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football 10:23 - Jan 10 with 3461 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

As do his kids. So surely, SURELY they can see this isn't working?!

This post has been edited by an administrator

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 10:28 - Jan 10 with 3431 viewsKeno

well if you believe the TWTD perceived logic he is happier Town in this state and it means he saves £Millions in tax

He has must racking it in by now

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 10:29 - Jan 10 with 3410 viewsDubtractor

Given the decisions he has made during his ownership of ITFC, I'm not sure you can say with certainty that he isn't an idiot.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 10:31 - Jan 10 with 3390 viewsMrTown

Of course he knows it isn’t working.

He won’t pay up that contract though, and Lambert will continue to laugh at us knowing his job is the safest in the country.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 10:36 - Jan 10 with 3336 viewsBluefish

He gave him a 5 year deal because our supporters proudly expressed how happy they were under PL. Getting relegated in the weakest fashion possible wasn't a big deal because we had PL, struggling badly in league 1 wasn't important because we had PL. Even in his 3rd season of utter failure our supporters and media were happy to score PL as 7/10 despite the obvious issues. All of this failure under a manager not as popular as PL could have been carnage for Marcus. He will remember how upset the fanbase was under Mick and not risk returning to that without PL

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Phil - football post. Would you mind moving it please? on 10:36 - Jan 10 with 3352 viewsfactual_blue

Thanks in anticipation.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 10:59 - Jan 10 with 3281 viewsAce_High1

People seem to think this is a binary debate - either he rates Lambert or sacks him.

Evans can see the results and knows we are struggling but he does not want to PAY Lambert off so we are stuck.

Evans is now coming around to the idea of us being a L1 club long term and it might not be so bad having to put less money in.
Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 11:08 - Jan 10 with 3235 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 10:59 - Jan 10 by Ace_High1

People seem to think this is a binary debate - either he rates Lambert or sacks him.

Evans can see the results and knows we are struggling but he does not want to PAY Lambert off so we are stuck.

Evans is now coming around to the idea of us being a L1 club long term and it might not be so bad having to put less money in.

If that's the case then it won't be long before we slip even further. I'm so glad l was around to see the glory days. I feel sorry for the younger fans, what a future they have supporting this white elephant.
Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 11:12 - Jan 10 with 3227 viewshaynes_toe1

I'm not sure he has the faintest clue about football to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 11:13 - Jan 10 with 3219 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm afraid the second bit of your title is very generous.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 11:15 - Jan 10 with 3187 viewsjeera

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 10:36 - Jan 10 by Bluefish

He gave him a 5 year deal because our supporters proudly expressed how happy they were under PL. Getting relegated in the weakest fashion possible wasn't a big deal because we had PL, struggling badly in league 1 wasn't important because we had PL. Even in his 3rd season of utter failure our supporters and media were happy to score PL as 7/10 despite the obvious issues. All of this failure under a manager not as popular as PL could have been carnage for Marcus. He will remember how upset the fanbase was under Mick and not risk returning to that without PL

I agree with this to an extent.

He has listened to the fans more that he admits hence the sarcastic comments he made about being careful etc.

He has become more obstinate and seems to have dug his heels in.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 11:16]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 11:19 - Jan 10 with 3148 viewsfooters

My favourite part about yesterday was how Taylor spoke about Swindon players moving and passing quickly, as if it's somehow cheating or something football teams don't usually do.

We obviously have unrealistic expectations as a fanbase if we want our team to defend against these underhand tactics.

If Evans was watching then I don't know what to say.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 11:24 - Jan 10 with 3135 viewsPinewoodblue

Taylor indicated yesterday that we are adding to our squad so we can assume sacking Lambert isn’t imminent.

Judging by yesterday’s performance there is little prospect of promotion anytime soon. The time will come when Evans cannot afford not sack Lambert, sadly Evans is likely to dither and leave it too late.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 11:26 - Jan 10 with 3121 viewsyesjohn99

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 11:24 - Jan 10 by Pinewoodblue

Taylor indicated yesterday that we are adding to our squad so we can assume sacking Lambert isn’t imminent.

Judging by yesterday’s performance there is little prospect of promotion anytime soon. The time will come when Evans cannot afford not sack Lambert, sadly Evans is likely to dither and leave it too late.

Cheaper to stay in div 3, even cheaper in div 4!
Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 11:28 - Jan 10 with 3114 viewsMrTown

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 11:24 - Jan 10 by Pinewoodblue

Promotion is a no go. I said yesterday, right now people need to stop talking about us being promotion contenders.

We are so far off being good enough to challenge the top end of this league.

And as I’ve said on multiple occasions as well, Lambert is going nowhere any time soon.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 15:58]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 12:48 - Jan 10 with 2959 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 14:37 - Jan 10 with 2864 viewsistanblue

*Evans is an idiot, he knows nothing about football

Fixed it for you.
Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 14:43 - Jan 10 with 2842 viewsgordon

The problem now is that Evans has, at least to some extent, imposed his own ideas re selection and playing style on Lambert - he clearly doesn't want to admit to himself/others that his interjection hasn't helped.

I'm pretty sure that Evans will have told Lambert 'we're rubbish with 2 up front', and that's why Lambert said it in an interview and refuses to play 2 up front. Until this season, Lambert thought that systems were irrelevant and was happy to try a different formation each week.

They're both as bad as each other, and really not a great double act.
Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 14:53 - Jan 10 with 2812 viewsAlanG296

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 14:43 - Jan 10 by gordon

The problem now is that Evans has, at least to some extent, imposed his own ideas re selection and playing style on Lambert - he clearly doesn't want to admit to himself/others that his interjection hasn't helped.

I'm pretty sure that Evans will have told Lambert 'we're rubbish with 2 up front', and that's why Lambert said it in an interview and refuses to play 2 up front. Until this season, Lambert thought that systems were irrelevant and was happy to try a different formation each week.

They're both as bad as each other, and really not a great double act.

Evans clearly resents not keeping MM and remembers that one of the factors was a section of the support's dislike of the style of play under MM. The "non negotiable" style of play is his pathetic reaction to that. He knows he will never make any money out of ITFC or get us back to where we were when he came. So he might as well enjoy p***ing off the supporters. Nobody likes him but he doesn't care.
Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 15:39 - Jan 10 with 2742 viewsRegencyBlue

Having endured his inept ownership for 13 years, I beg to differ!
Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 15:46 - Jan 10 with 2727 viewsTieDyedIn95

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 14:53 - Jan 10 by AlanG296

Evans clearly resents not keeping MM and remembers that one of the factors was a section of the support's dislike of the style of play under MM. The "non negotiable" style of play is his pathetic reaction to that. He knows he will never make any money out of ITFC or get us back to where we were when he came. So he might as well enjoy p***ing off the supporters. Nobody likes him but he doesn't care.

I actually think, him being typical of many high flying, big money CEO's is he is single minded and largely detached from reality. He's made millions selling tickets to big events with big speakers and he's been told how great he is for a very long time.

Where he's failed to understand football, in the same way he understands his other business, is that for large amounts of people to come and spend money on something, you need to have an event or a speaker that people actually want to see. He gave us Leon Best and Colin Quaner and told us to be careful what we wish for going forward. He'd never treat his cooperate connections like that, he wouldn't promise to deliver Barrack Obama at one of his events and then wheel out Piers Corbyn and tell his customers to do one, when they complained.

He is classic of his breed of people, he thinks football fans are stupid and he blames us for his failings not himself in some sociopathic delusion in the reality he and his hangers of have created for himself.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 15:53 - Jan 10 with 2702 views44_not_out

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 14:37 - Jan 10 by istanblue

*Evans is an idiot, he knows nothing about football

Fixed it for you.

Totally agree btw

But that also refers to a few on here
Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 17:11 - Jan 10 with 2596 viewsstiff_talking

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 15:53 - Jan 10 by 44_not_out

Totally agree btw

But that also refers to a few on here

Evans wants us in League 1

It’s the only reason he would keep Lambert in charge

The man can’t get us up.
Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 19:15 - Jan 10 with 2538 viewsistanblue

Evans isn't an idiot, he knows a bit about football on 14:53 - Jan 10 by AlanG296

Spot on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024