Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Mick, 19:13 - Jan 9 with 4040 viewshomer_123

We're sorry.

Please come back....we've both had a break and realised the errors of our ways.

We need you.

Love

Marcus.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dear Mick, on 19:14 - Jan 9 with 3058 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

We don't need Mick, we need a miracle.
Dear Mick, on 19:18 - Jan 9 with 2983 viewsstrikalite

Dear Mick, on 19:14 - Jan 9 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Cowley brothers would sort this shower out..
Dear Mick, on 19:32 - Jan 9 with 2870 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Dear Mick, on 19:14 - Jan 9 by King_ding_a_lin_g

If MM returned it would be a miracle.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Dear Mick, on 19:33 - Jan 9 with 2845 viewsNthQldITFC

Dear Mick, on 19:32 - Jan 9 by Tangledupin_Blue

I rather suspect Mickey Mouse would be an improvement.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dear Mick, on 19:33 - Jan 9 with 2826 viewsOsborneOneNil

Jesus wept. You’re enduring this, and you’re wanting to go back to Mick?

Can you not remember the last year of his tenure?
Dear Mick, on 19:34 - Jan 9 with 2820 viewshaynes_toe1

Id be over the moon if by some miracle we got Mick back.
Dear Mick, on 19:34 - Jan 9 with 2817 viewsTieDyedIn95

As much as people would whinge he's one of the few managers with any kind of track record who could get this lot putting points on the board. It wouldn't be pretty, but we would get promoted.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Dear Mick, on 19:34 - Jan 9 with 2805 viewsChurchman

Why on earth would MM the Cowley’s or anyone with ambition come here?
Login to get fewer ads

Dear Mick, on 19:37 - Jan 9 with 2731 viewsWicklowBlue

Dear Mick, on 19:33 - Jan 9 by OsborneOneNil

Being a contrarion things have got a hell of a lot worse than what peeps were abusing MM about. #BCWYWF

We're in big big trouble, management change from top to bottom is needed.
Dear Mick, on 19:39 - Jan 9 with 2705 viewslongtimefan

Yes. We were comfortable in the Championship!
Dear Mick, on 19:41 - Jan 9 with 2674 viewsKeaneish

Dear Mick, on 19:34 - Jan 9 by TieDyedIn95

As much as people would whinge he's one of the few managers with any kind of track record who could get this lot putting points on the board. It wouldn't be pretty, but we would get promoted.

Would we? He was employed to get us promoted in the Championship and he never. He was employed to get ROI to the Euros and he never. He was employed by Apoael to improve their results which he didn’t. Looking to Mick because he’s the best of a horrendous era isn’t what we need.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dear Mick, on 19:44 - Jan 9 with 2621 viewscbower

I remember the first 4 years being in and around the top six aswell

bluescouser

Dear Mick, on 19:45 - Jan 9 with 2607 viewsjudespiveyg

Why do people think the only options are Lambert and McCarthy? Couldn't we just have a new manager?

Also I don't want our next manager to be a safe option like a McCarthy, I want us to take a real gamble, or at least hire a manager who'll play high risk high reward football. It feels like this whole club both off and on the pitch are scared of risks and losing. Might sound strange but we almost need to play with a bit more arrogance. Look at Swindon's second goal, none of our players ever seem to have a go from that kind of range. Dobra was a bit quiet tonight but we need players like him and Edwards who'll take defenders on.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 19:46]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Dear Mick, on 19:47 - Jan 9 with 2561 viewsnodge_blue

We need you because you've shown us how you'd get us to beat Lincoln.......

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Dear Mick, on 19:48 - Jan 9 with 2542 viewsMattinLondon

No.
Dear Mick, on 19:49 - Jan 9 with 2522 viewscocknose1986

Quick question??? Can we impeach Paul Lambert!!😂😂😂
Dear Mick, on 19:50 - Jan 9 with 2509 viewsSuperblue95

Dear Mick, on 19:45 - Jan 9 by judespiveyg

Why do people think the only options are Lambert and McCarthy? Couldn't we just have a new manager?

Also I don't want our next manager to be a safe option like a McCarthy, I want us to take a real gamble, or at least hire a manager who'll play high risk high reward football. It feels like this whole club both off and on the pitch are scared of risks and losing. Might sound strange but we almost need to play with a bit more arrogance. Look at Swindon's second goal, none of our players ever seem to have a go from that kind of range. Dobra was a bit quiet tonight but we need players like him and Edwards who'll take defenders on.

Judge would take a shot on from there. It would hit the corner flag though

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Dear Mick, on 19:50 - Jan 9 with 2509 views44_not_out

Dear Mick, on 19:45 - Jan 9 by judespiveyg

We’ve had two ‘new’ managers since MM..... the first one was clueless, got rid of the best players in the squad and used a fair amount of cash to replace them with absolute dross.... the next one over saw a relegation and has just continued the downward spiral.
Dear Mick, on 19:51 - Jan 9 with 2494 viewscbower

Dear Mick, on 19:41 - Jan 9 by Keaneish

Would we? He was employed to get us promoted in the Championship and he never. He was employed to get ROI to the Euros and he never. He was employed by Apoael to improve their results which he didn’t. Looking to Mick because he’s the best of a horrendous era isn’t what we need.

No he wasn't. He was employed to save us from relegation from the Championship which he
did. He then made us competitive in the top half for three seasons, had a bad one and left us just before the end of a rather poor season in which we finished above both Leeds and Norwich. His success at Town gave us the aspiration of promotion which was never matched by ME investment. If you think he was initially employed to get us promoted when we were 5 points from safety at the bottom of the league then I want some of what you have been drinking. I don't want Mick back but your opening statement is nonsense,
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 19:55]

bluescouser

Dear Mick, on 19:52 - Jan 9 with 2472 viewsbrushhand

Dear Mick, on 19:41 - Jan 9 by Keaneish

all those people who want mick back, would you take him over dean smith,
chris wilder or bielsa.
none of their sides play the sh1te we have had to endure.
at least they have attempted to win a match not hope we would,
the conversion rate needed to win a match with one or 2 attempts on goal fell apart just before micks winter of discontent.
we need a manager who is more worried about winning than losing
Dear Mick, on 19:56 - Jan 9 with 2418 viewsjudespiveyg

Dear Mick, on 19:50 - Jan 9 by Superblue95

Judge would take a shot on from there. It would hit the corner flag though

And I bet 9 times out of 10 the Swindon lad skies it, the point is by taking a chance he changed the game just as we were gaining momentum.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 19:58]

Dear Mick, on 20:01 - Jan 9 with 2373 views44_not_out

Dear Mick, on 19:56 - Jan 9 by judespiveyg

And I bet 9 times out of 10 the Swindon lad skies it, the point is by taking a chance he changed the game just as we were gaining momentum.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 19:58]

You do know that our players are allowed to ‘have a pop’ from there as well.... or are so regimented that they don’t dare??
Dear Mick, on 20:04 - Jan 9 with 2348 viewsjudespiveyg

Dear Mick, on 20:01 - Jan 9 by 44_not_out

You do know that our players are allowed to ‘have a pop’ from there as well.... or are so regimented that they don’t dare??

That was literally my point? That the club needs a culture change, be less scared of losing and making mistakes, take more risks.

Dear Mick, on 20:07 - Jan 9 with 2315 viewslongtimefan

Dear Mick, on 20:04 - Jan 9 by judespiveyg

That was literally my point? That the club needs a culture change, be less scared of losing and making mistakes, take more risks.

We’re certainly taking a risk by employing our Manager
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 21:40]
Dear Mick, on 20:10 - Jan 9 with 2298 viewsunstableblue

Yes cause his least season was really good and he really brought the fans together

Oh and he really embedded a footballing style and ethos that set us up really well for the future, especially how he linked to the style of football being promoted at the academy

Linking Hursts terrible appointment to Micks exit is just ridiculous

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024