Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Mick, 19:13 - Jan 9 with 4063 viewshomer_123

We're sorry.

Please come back....we've both had a break and realised the errors of our ways.

We need you.

Love

Marcus.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dear Mick, on 20:16 - Jan 9 with 945 viewsKeaneish

Dear Mick, on 19:51 - Jan 9 by cbower

No he wasn't. He was employed to save us from relegation from the Championship which he
did. He then made us competitive in the top half for three seasons, had a bad one and left us just before the end of a rather poor season in which we finished above both Leeds and Norwich. His success at Town gave us the aspiration of promotion which was never matched by ME investment. If you think he was initially employed to get us promoted when we were 5 points from safety at the bottom of the league then I want some of what you have been drinking. I don't want Mick back but your opening statement is nonsense,
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 19:55]

Short term he was employed to keep us up, agreed. Long term he was employed to get us up and Mick believed he could given he wanted to be back in the PL and he gave it a good crack..He was on a lucrative contract; Evans didn’t employ him to make us competitive - that’s a post rationalisation of the events that happened.

Sadly Mick hasn’t ‘achieved’ anything in the last ten years and by achieve I mean something he could point to as an accolade to get him back to where he wants to be, the PL. The days of managers like Pullis, McCarthy and Allardyce is coming to a close.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dear Mick, on 20:52 - Jan 9 with 913 viewsartsbossbeard

Dear Mick, on 20:16 - Jan 9 by Keaneish

Short term he was employed to keep us up, agreed. Long term he was employed to get us up and Mick believed he could given he wanted to be back in the PL and he gave it a good crack..He was on a lucrative contract; Evans didn’t employ him to make us competitive - that’s a post rationalisation of the events that happened.

Sadly Mick hasn’t ‘achieved’ anything in the last ten years and by achieve I mean something he could point to as an accolade to get him back to where he wants to be, the PL. The days of managers like Pullis, McCarthy and Allardyce is coming to a close.

Tee hee.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Dear Mick, on 20:55 - Jan 9 with 899 viewsTractorJed

Dear Mick, on 19:39 - Jan 9 by longtimefan

Yes. We were comfortable in the Championship!

His form in last part of his time with us was relation form
Dear Mick, on 22:16 - Jan 9 with 838 viewsCaptMickMills

No thank you.
Dear Mick, on 11:22 - Jan 10 with 742 viewslongtimefan

Dear Mick, on 20:55 - Jan 9 by TractorJed

His form in last part of his time with us was relation form

And yet we finished 12th, above Norwich and Leeds. TWTD.
Dear Mick, on 11:41 - Jan 10 with 729 viewshaynes_toe1

I love it when fans on here fall over themselves desperately trying to make out their pathetic vendetta against Mick was the right thing to do.

Yeah, cos its worked out well hasn't it?

And even without hindsight, we all knew Evans past record for appointments didnt we? Was it ever going to be worth the risk?

And despite all that, the same lot on here defended Hurst till it was too late and done exactly the same with Lambert. The vitriol for daring to point out that the limp relegation from the championship indicated Lamberts ability was, at the time, bizarre. Now, it looks absolutely bonkers.

Basically, there's a big proportion of the fanbase that have to look at themselves. And they won't like that.
Dear Mick, on 12:20 - Jan 10 with 716 viewsLeaky

Part of the problem is nearly every manager we have appointed since GB has been a crisis appointment. I can only think of 3 whom we have appointed with any sort of forethought, Joe Royal, Kean & Hurst. All the rest have been the result of a mid-season sacking. Even Jim was the result of Royal not being to work under the financial restraints place on him.
Dear Mick, on 12:26 - Jan 10 with 711 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Dear Mick, on 19:18 - Jan 9 by strikalite

Cowley brothers would sort this shower out..

But the football would be of an even worse quality than under Mick (and I wouldn't want him back either!).
Login to get fewer ads

Dear Mick, on 12:42 - Jan 10 with 691 viewsbrogansnose

Dear Mick, on 12:26 - Jan 10 by Blue_In_Boston

But the football would be of an even worse quality than under Mick (and I wouldn't want him back either!).

Thing is, the football is dreadful now, a bit of passing in our own half then a hoof, is worse than it was under Mick and its also losing football in Division 3.

We need to get in anybody who can get us out of this godforsaken league.
Dear Mick, on 13:34 - Jan 10 with 673 viewsKeaneish

Dear Mick, on 11:41 - Jan 10 by haynes_toe1

I love it when fans on here fall over themselves desperately trying to make out their pathetic vendetta against Mick was the right thing to do.

Yeah, cos its worked out well hasn't it?

And even without hindsight, we all knew Evans past record for appointments didnt we? Was it ever going to be worth the risk?

And despite all that, the same lot on here defended Hurst till it was too late and done exactly the same with Lambert. The vitriol for daring to point out that the limp relegation from the championship indicated Lamberts ability was, at the time, bizarre. Now, it looks absolutely bonkers.

Basically, there's a big proportion of the fanbase that have to look at themselves. And they won't like that.

I don’t think fans on here ever had a ‘vendetta’ against Mick, they just pointed out his failures and weaknesses and vented their frustrations same as they do any other manager, me included. Those who were vocal, or the ‘numbskulls’ shouting abuse, aren’t members of this forum to the best of my knowledge.

Dear Mick, on 13:37 - Jan 10 with 668 viewsbazza

Dear Mick, on 19:45 - Jan 9 by judespiveyg

Why do people think the only options are Lambert and McCarthy? Couldn't we just have a new manager?

Also I don't want our next manager to be a safe option like a McCarthy, I want us to take a real gamble, or at least hire a manager who'll play high risk high reward football. It feels like this whole club both off and on the pitch are scared of risks and losing. Might sound strange but we almost need to play with a bit more arrogance. Look at Swindon's second goal, none of our players ever seem to have a go from that kind of range. Dobra was a bit quiet tonight but we need players like him and Edwards who'll take defenders on.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 19:46]

I think you’ll find the last gamble saw us drop to league 1...
Dear Mick, on 13:40 - Jan 10 with 665 viewsPJH

Dear Mick, on 13:34 - Jan 10 by Keaneish

I don’t think fans on here ever had a ‘vendetta’ against Mick, they just pointed out his failures and weaknesses and vented their frustrations same as they do any other manager, me included. Those who were vocal, or the ‘numbskulls’ shouting abuse, aren’t members of this forum to the best of my knowledge.

It is interesting that I don't think that I have ever seen anyone admit to being one of the 'numbskulls' on this forum although plenty have defended them.

I assume that they only frequented and maybe still frequent the news section.
Dear Mick, on 13:50 - Jan 10 with 651 viewsKeaneish

Dear Mick, on 13:40 - Jan 10 by PJH

It is interesting that I don't think that I have ever seen anyone admit to being one of the 'numbskulls' on this forum although plenty have defended them.

I assume that they only frequented and maybe still frequent the news section.

I don’t know how hurling abuse and making slanderous, erroneous jibes could ever be defended but you’re right, there was plenty of that and plenty on social media channels I’m led to believe. The last three years haven’t worked out favourably for any one so there’s not even a silver lining to it.

Mick’s career has gone backward and we’re in an abysmal state. I guess the polarising debate and fan base division isn’t as broad any more though so that’s something of solace.

Mick will get his career back on track..... on 13:57 - Jan 10 with 644 viewsBloots

Dear Mick, on 13:50 - Jan 10 by Keaneish

I don’t know how hurling abuse and making slanderous, erroneous jibes could ever be defended but you’re right, there was plenty of that and plenty on social media channels I’m led to believe. The last three years haven’t worked out favourably for any one so there’s not even a silver lining to it.

Mick’s career has gone backward and we’re in an abysmal state. I guess the polarising debate and fan base division isn’t as broad any more though so that’s something of solace.

....he made a stupid decision to go to Cyprus and manage a basket case of a club.

He's a proud man that will be embarrassed by that and look to put it right.

Our manager, and indeed owner, have no pride in their work and appear to not care about the damage they are doing.

Our club won't get back on track.

That's the difference.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Dear Mick, on 14:01 - Jan 10 with 634 viewsjudespiveyg

Dear Mick, on 13:37 - Jan 10 by bazza

I think you’ll find the last gamble saw us drop to league 1...

So you'd rather we just got another retread like Lambert or Jewell then? It's unfortunate Hurst was such a kn0b because a young, ambitious coach with 21st century ideas about football and fitness was (and still is) exactly what this club needs.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Dear Mick, on 14:09 - Jan 10 with 624 viewsRyorry

Dear Mick, on 20:07 - Jan 9 by longtimefan

We’re certainly taking a risk by employing our Manager
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 21:40]

Has there ever been a bigger gamble in football than giving PL a **5-year** contract?? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024