Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played 09:33 - Feb 17 with 773 viewsGlasgowBlue

We are no better since the return of our injured players.

Edwards, Bishop, Downes, Sears, Jackson, Nolan, Norwood were supposed to be a massive upgrade on the likes of Gibbs, McGavin, Huws, Drinan.

Edwards and Bishop are nowhere near the players they were at the start of the season. Sears might as well not be on the pitch. Downes continues to show the lack of discipline that cost him his injury against MK Dons in October. And Jackson continues his stop start career at Town which can be traced back to his sending off against Oxford back in February 2020.

And after a promising start, our loanees are offering nothing we haven’t seen from our own players. No extra quality. No killer passes. No game changing moments of magic.

We are a zombie club. The walking dead.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:36 - Feb 17 with 741 viewsDubtractor

I didn't see the Blackpool game where the loanees apparently played well, but based on last night in particular, though also the Posh game, the new loanees are no better than what we already had. Thomas in particular has done absolutely nothing at all, and Parrott last night was awful.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:37 - Feb 17 with 725 viewsdavblue

That's down to the manager.

The players are not as bad as they are playing, it was never going to change with the injured players coming back + new loan players. The manager is a busted flush.
All the talk about Evans, whilst valid, does not.... on 09:39 - Feb 17 with 716 viewsBloots

....massively effect the way individual players perform on the pitch.

This is purely down to coaching, tactics, motivation and recruitment.

When I see players like Bishop tangibly getting worse each week then it can only come down to Lambert and his team.

He has to go, and it can only be a matter of sorting out the right compensation package that is holding things up.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:43 - Feb 17 with 667 viewsMonkeyAlan

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:37 - Feb 17 by davblue

That's down to the manager.

The players are not as bad as they are playing, it was never going to change with the injured players coming back + new loan players. The manager is a busted flush.

See this is delusional. They aren't good enough. 3 years people have been saying they are. Since then we have been relegated and struggled for 2 seasons in league 1. They aren't all that. They really aren't. The manager isn't good enough true, but neither are the players. Until people realise that the club won't get anywhere.
Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:43 - Feb 17 with 665 viewsjayessess

When we had our injury crisis you could tell it wasn't the root of the problem. It wasn't that everything was failing at the feet of out-of-their-depth youngsters, it was that collectively it wasn't working.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

All the talk about Evans, whilst valid, does not.... on 09:43 - Feb 17 with 659 viewsMetal_Hacker

All the talk about Evans, whilst valid, does not.... on 09:39 - Feb 17 by Bloots

When I see players like Bishop tangibly getting worse each week then it can only come down to Lambert and his team.

He has to go, and it can only be a matter of sorting out the right compensation package that is holding things up.

For me that's the only hold up . It's financial . Can't be anything else .This is beyond ME being stubborn ffs

I'm naively assuming ME's solicitors are perhaps snail-like in their approach but there might be something forthcoming - surely

Poll: If it were one or the other

All the talk about Evans, whilst valid, does not.... on 09:43 - Feb 17 with 655 viewsdavblue

All the talk about Evans, whilst valid, does not.... on 09:39 - Feb 17 by Bloots

"He has to go, and it can only be a matter of sorting out the right compensation package that is holding things up."

you would hope so, but i wouldn't count on it. There's been so many what have felt like tipping points for over a year and it's not been done.

Evans will probably look at it as we are 4 points away from the play off's with games in hand. Logically that's right, we have a chance on paper, but when you look at results/ performances, we are so far off it and we won't get near them.
Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:47 - Feb 17 with 625 viewsdavblue

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:43 - Feb 17 by MonkeyAlan

See this is delusional. They aren't good enough. 3 years people have been saying they are. Since then we have been relegated and struggled for 2 seasons in league 1. They aren't all that. They really aren't. The manager isn't good enough true, but neither are the players. Until people realise that the club won't get anywhere.

You don't think a midfield of Downes, Dozzell, Bishop is good enough for league 1?

There are plenty of serviceable players in the team to be a top 6 team in this league.

The one consistent in your argument is Lambert has been the manager for the last 27/8 months and no matter who he's got in he hasn't got a tune out of them.
Login to get fewer ads

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:49 - Feb 17 with 604 viewsSteve_M

How many of those players have come back fully fit? Certainly Norwood and Nolan have been in and out of the team for months. Edwards is injured again now too and what did happen to Drinan after his goal?

Downes has been the stand out player of the last month, we'll see what he brings when Oxford cut through us repeatedly on Saturday. Just a shame we've rarely had the chance to see him in a good team.

The whole first team squad is a mess - too big, few stand out players - so it isn't surprising that players coming back haven't improved us. They've just added to the general mess int he short term.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:52 - Feb 17 with 573 viewsMonkeyAlan

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:47 - Feb 17 by davblue

You don't think a midfield of Downes, Dozzell, Bishop is good enough for league 1?

There are plenty of serviceable players in the team to be a top 6 team in this league.

The one consistent in your argument is Lambert has been the manager for the last 27/8 months and no matter who he's got in he hasn't got a tune out of them.

Honestly? No l don't. Dozzell is lightweight. Bishop is just a game away from injury all the time. And Downes had his head turned by Palace and thinks he is better than he actually is, in fact he hasnt performed since. Yes, Lambert isn't the answer, never has been but this bunch of players are nowhere near as good as some people think.
Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:52 - Feb 17 with 567 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Imagine if we played a 4-4-2 with:

Holy

Mathieson; Woolfenden or Baggott; Chambers or Nsiala; Ward or Kenlock

Thomas or Lankester; Bishop, Dozzell or Nolan; Downes or McGavin; Edwards or Bennetts

Norwood or Parrott; Jackson or Sears

We have the personnel to dominate teams and create chances. Instead we play with Downes, Dozzell or Bishop dropping in with the central defenders to join in a game of keep ball among the back five while the lone striker wonders if the ball will ever get anywhere near him all match.

EDIT: Forgot Mathieson - best current option at RB.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 10:12]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:55 - Feb 17 with 552 viewsdavblue

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:52 - Feb 17 by MonkeyAlan

Honestly? No l don't. Dozzell is lightweight. Bishop is just a game away from injury all the time. And Downes had his head turned by Palace and thinks he is better than he actually is, in fact he hasnt performed since. Yes, Lambert isn't the answer, never has been but this bunch of players are nowhere near as good as some people think.

they aren't world beaters that's for sure, but they are a better group than you are giving them credit for.

Dozzell is being watched by championship team, Downes was wanted by a Premiership team. Bishop is a talented player and but for his injuries would have been playing in the championship at least.
Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 10:09 - Feb 17 with 506 viewsMonkeyAlan

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:55 - Feb 17 by davblue

they aren't world beaters that's for sure, but they are a better group than you are giving them credit for.

Dozzell is being watched by championship team, Downes was wanted by a Premiership team. Bishop is a talented player and but for his injuries would have been playing in the championship at least.

All 3 are over rated by some supporters. Apart from that they are very average players or they would have already been gone. They aren't all that. Very very average at best.
Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 10:10 - Feb 17 with 497 viewsblueislander

Other than Norwood, and to a lesser extent Nolan when he is played on 09:47 - Feb 17 by davblue

With the possible exception of McGuiness , the loaners were awful last night. It seems that Parrot flattered to deceive against Blackpool. Thomas has been picke d to start every game, and has contributed zero. Harrop doesn’t seem to have anything that we haven’t already got. We definitely needed a right back , but Matheson doesn’t look to be the answer. I would like to know just the management came to the conclusion that they would improve us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024