Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) 19:24 - Feb 17 with 1573 viewsPippin1970

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:27 - Feb 17 with 1561 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To consistently be winning and competing for trophies.

Of course I would settle for a lot less right now but you asked one wish without clarification.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:27 - Feb 17 with 1561 viewsdominiciawful

Better-quality soap in the bogs.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:27 - Feb 17 with 1560 viewsleitrimblue

10 more wishes
If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:29 - Feb 17 with 1545 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:27 - Feb 17 by dominiciawful

Better-quality soap in the bogs.

Yeah, changed my mind, cleaning of the North Stand roof.

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:44 - Feb 17 with 1504 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:27 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

To consistently be winning and competing for trophies.

Of course I would settle for a lot less right now but you asked one wish without clarification.

BCWYWF

The way you've worded that we could win a lot of games but never win a trophy...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:50 - Feb 17 with 1476 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:44 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

BCWYWF

The way you've worded that we could win a lot of games but never win a trophy...

"winning and competing for trophies" with no commas.

It might mean only winning the EFL trophy and competing for either the League 1 title or the old League Cup thingy but, since that is a world away from where we are now I would take that.

Perhaps, though I should have put winning the league and at least one other trophy every season ad infinitum.

Lack of ambition wasn't it? Runs so deep through the club now!

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:51 - Feb 17 with 1472 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:50 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

"winning and competing for trophies" with no commas.

It might mean only winning the EFL trophy and competing for either the League 1 title or the old League Cup thingy but, since that is a world away from where we are now I would take that.

Perhaps, though I should have put winning the league and at least one other trophy every season ad infinitum.

Lack of ambition wasn't it? Runs so deep through the club now!

Winning = winning games
and competing for trophies = might never win one

Your wish should have been regularly winning major domestic and European trophies.

Please up your game.

Truly impaired.

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:58 - Feb 17 with 1453 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:51 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

Winning = winning games
and competing for trophies = might never win one

Your wish should have been regularly winning major domestic and European trophies.

Please up your game.

Only if there was a comma between the "winning" and the "and", otherwise they clearly both refer to trophies.

However, as I point out, it lacked ambition from the start.

At least my second attempt would have seen us winning the Premier League forever after 3 years. Unless, of course, you are going to start counting reserve and youth leagues.

How about: "winning the FA Cup, every domestic league and then the Premier League and Champions League every season forever"?

Wouldn't we just get bored, though?

Login to get fewer ads

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:58 - Feb 17 with 1444 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:58 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Only if there was a comma between the "winning" and the "and", otherwise they clearly both refer to trophies.

However, as I point out, it lacked ambition from the start.

At least my second attempt would have seen us winning the Premier League forever after 3 years. Unless, of course, you are going to start counting reserve and youth leagues.

How about: "winning the FA Cup, every domestic league and then the Premier League and Champions League every season forever"?

Wouldn't we just get bored, though?

Disagree. You weren't specific enough. You've cost us everything.

Truly impaired.

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:00 - Feb 17 with 1423 viewsjeera

That it were somewhere tropical.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:01 - Feb 17 with 1419 viewsnoggin

An owner who cares.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:03 - Feb 17 with 1408 viewsAce_High1

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:01 - Feb 17 by noggin

An owner who cares.

A new owner with a strategy, everything else will just be a temporary fix and then we will drift again and sack the next manager.
If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:04 - Feb 17 with 1402 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 19:58 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

Disagree. You weren't specific enough. You've cost us everything.

Although your regularly winning major domestic and European trophies could be 1 every 1000 years?

Not the only one to slip up!

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:04 - Feb 17 with 1401 viewsBugs

To never be relegated.
If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:06 - Feb 17 with 1388 viewsKeno

Sir John and Sir Bob are resurrected to come and sort us out

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:06 - Feb 17 with 1384 viewsScottCandage

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:01 - Feb 17 by noggin

An owner who cares.

Or an owner with 1000 times ME's wealth who doesn't.
If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:07 - Feb 17 with 1382 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:04 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Although your regularly winning major domestic and European trophies could be 1 every 1000 years?

Not the only one to slip up!

That isn't regularly. Regularly would be at least 1-2 a decade.

So yes you've got me, but mine wasn't as bad as yours

Truly impaired.

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:09 - Feb 17 with 1376 viewsnoggin

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:06 - Feb 17 by ScottCandage

Or an owner with 1000 times ME's wealth who doesn't.

No thanks. I don't want to support a Chelsea or Man City.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:19 - Feb 17 with 1341 viewsfabian_illness

Bring back Debenhams, be awful in town without somewhere central for a wee.
If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:21 - Feb 17 with 1340 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:07 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

That isn't regularly. Regularly would be at least 1-2 a decade.

So yes you've got me, but mine wasn't as bad as yours

Sorry, I would rather be competing for multiple trophies, even if we never won one (and mine was not worded that way thanks to the absence of a comma) every season than only ever win one every 1000 years as regular as clockwork. Even one every 100 years could be regular. You are more ambiguous.

Have a good evening - isn't it depressing that we have nothing better to do than argue pointless semantics?

If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 20:34 - Feb 17 with 1312 viewsbritbiker

No more "we must do better" interviews after the weekly sub standard performances. Followed by exactly the same performance next game.
If you were granted one wish for Ipswich what would it be? (n/t) on 09:33 - Feb 18 with 1184 viewsitfc_bucks

A midfield trio of Tony Dinning, Cole Skuse and Johnathon Douglas.

In their peak Ipswich years, obviously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024