Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First post here - shoot me down, but..... 12:42 - Feb 18 with 941 viewsextractorboy

....is anyone else surprised at the outpouring of support for the ref on Tuesday night? Lots of people happy to assume that Judge is one of those typical 'footballer' types with a big mouth and sense of self-importance (from a distance, he actually seems to be a decent chap and not typical at all!). People calling for the ref to be promoted to the Prem - hilarious! But that's life these days it seems....create a bit of controversy and get a name for yourself.

And looking at his face, this referee also seemed a little bit too pleased to be sending off Flynn Downes, shortly after the Judge incident. Does anyone know if this is also part of the investigation against him? Appears to me that he was maybe still a bit 'hot' from the first incident? Any chance of rescinding the red, or has the club already accepted that as it was 2 yellows?
First post here - shoot me down, but..... on 12:46 - Feb 18 with 896 viewsHerbivore

The red was a straight red and can't imagine we'll be able to appeal it. Downes likely did swear, which is a red card offence but rarely leads to a straight red. He was definitely the victim of a ref whose head had gone, the yellow that triggered it was soft as anything. That said, Downes should have been smarter. If the ref is looking for an excuse, don't give him one.

I personally think it's a bit of a nothing incident. Ref lost his head a bit, it was unprofessional but sh1t happens. Give him a couple of weeks off and a talking to and it's done with. Judge handled the whole thing with class.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

First post here - shoot me down, but..... on 12:53 - Feb 18 with 811 viewsPhilTWTD

First post here - shoot me down, but..... on 12:46 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

The red was a straight red and can't imagine we'll be able to appeal it. Downes likely did swear, which is a red card offence but rarely leads to a straight red. He was definitely the victim of a ref whose head had gone, the yellow that triggered it was soft as anything. That said, Downes should have been smarter. If the ref is looking for an excuse, don't give him one.

I personally think it's a bit of a nothing incident. Ref lost his head a bit, it was unprofessional but sh1t happens. Give him a couple of weeks off and a talking to and it's done with. Judge handled the whole thing with class.

Think there's a time limit for appealing which I assume will have passed.
First post here - shoot me down, but..... on 12:56 - Feb 18 with 781 viewsSwailsey

I think it's a storm in a teacup really.

Not great, but refs get so much abuse from players and fans during the game and are only human. We know that FD has a temper on him and I don't think he was carrying himself in a way befitting of a captain either.

Two game ban max, move on.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

It's a bit of a fuss about nothing, but.... on 12:58 - Feb 18 with 773 viewsBloots

...there are a few things that haven't really been discussed.

Firstly, I thought it was a penalty, the Northampton player was definitely concerned, he looked straight at the ref.

Secondly Judge didn't exactly run towards the ref, he never got within a yard of him and had actually stopped by the time the ref got in his face. As you say, I don't think Judge is the type of player to start slagging off the refs mother!

Finally, the initial tackle by Downes was never a yellow card in the first place.

The ref lost the plot, not the players.

All those people saying that it's about time the refs stood up for themselves are missing the fact that there was very little in this instance for him to stand up to.

But everything is lost in the ridiculous way the incident has been over hyped.

Lambert out.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 12:59]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

It's a bit of a fuss about nothing, but.... on 13:05 - Feb 18 with 745 viewsnoggin

It's a bit of a fuss about nothing, but.... on 12:58 - Feb 18 by Bloots

Firstly, I thought it was a penalty, the Northampton player was definitely concerned, he looked straight at the ref.

Secondly Judge didn't exactly run towards the ref, he never got within a yard of him and had actually stopped by the time the ref got in his face. As you say, I don't think Judge is the type of player to start slagging off the refs mother!

Finally, the initial tackle by Downes was never a yellow card in the first place.

All those people saying that it's about time the refs stood up for themselves are missing the fact that there was very little in this instance for him to stand up to.

Lambert out.

Even if there was contact, it was minimal and Judge took a dive. Yellow for cheating in my book.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Nope (n/t) on 13:06 - Feb 18 with 730 viewsBloots

It's a bit of a fuss about nothing, but.... on 13:05 - Feb 18 by noggin

Even if there was contact, it was minimal and Judge took a dive. Yellow for cheating in my book.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

First post here - shoot me down, but..... on 14:06 - Feb 18 with 635 viewsJ2BLUE

I think the promote him to the Prem thing is about Prem teams surrounding the ref and not a reflection on judge.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's a bit of a fuss about nothing, but.... on 14:10 - Feb 18 with 628 viewsSteve_M

Lambert out.

Yes, basically all that.

You only needed to add that we would probably have missed the penalty had we got one anyway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

First post here - shoot me down, but..... on 14:13 - Feb 18 with 614 viewsKropotkin123

If a player did that to another player they would get banned for a few matches. If a player did that to a ref, they would likely get a longer ban and a fine. I think, given how much they are paid, a fine shouldn't be issued and I think a 3 match ban is appropriate.

I have little sympathy for our players, who are ill-disciplined. Although it is evident that they are massively frustrated, so perhaps I should be.

EDIT: When I read your name, I though it was going to be from that "joke" - What do you call someone who used to support Ipswich - An Extractor Fan
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 14:16]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

It's a bit of a fuss about nothing, but.... on 14:17 - Feb 18 with 594 viewsGeoffSentence

Lambert out.

Something else that has gone unnoticed, or uncommented on is that one of the Northampton players might have got a lucky break in the aftermath of it. As the ball ran free from the foul/dive, Norwood and a Northampton defender tussled for it and it looked to me like the defender used his elbow on Nors. It was all after the event anyway and I am sure the ref had already blown up, but had play continuesd it could have been Northampton who finished with a man down, not us. Not that it would have made any difference.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024