Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon Nolan's situation 17:18 - Feb 19 with 1798 viewsSamWhiteUK

Absolutely appalling man management.

I get what PL is saying re. players should want to be playing... but I hadn't realised that JN's baby was only 6 months old!

This should have been taken into account before calling out JN like that. It's totally understandable that Nolan was annoyed at having made the 7-hour round trip when it was known that he wasn't going to be on the bench, with a 6mo at home.

Lambert just continues to baffle. He has to go, he's an absolute prick. I never liked him when he was at Norwich, hated him in fact, and I was very against his appointment. I will admit he did win me over a bit, and I was one who said relegation could be a reset. However, what an absolute weapon he has turned out to be. The worst in my memory, and more than likely the worst we've ever had.

Hurst got booted out pretty quickly for calling out players and being a knob. Has PL had everyone involved hypnotised? How long does he think he can continue to gaslight Evans and string the whole club along? Pathetic, appalling attitude.
Jon Nolan's situation on 17:19 - Feb 19 with 1771 viewshype313

It's an absolute outrage Sam, no excuses.

Clearly any manager worth their salt would have had the conversation beforehand, he Cleary wanted to rub his nose in it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jon Nolan's situation on 17:22 - Feb 19 with 1744 viewsJ2BLUE

Really wouldn't matter if his kid was 16. It also wouldn't matter if Nolan was a 17 year old and not a senior pro. Taking a 19th man during Covid times in a competition that allows 7 subs is ridiculous.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jon Nolan's situation on 17:26 - Feb 19 with 1693 viewsSamWhiteUK

Jon Nolan's situation on 17:19 - Feb 19 by hype313

It's an absolute outrage Sam, no excuses.

Clearly any manager worth their salt would have had the conversation beforehand, he Cleary wanted to rub his nose in it.

The only way he could wind me up more is by signing Mings

But joking aside, I know they say you have to laugh or you'll cry, but I'm just about out of laughter now. The situation at the club just beggars belief. Just about everything that could be wrong, is wrong.

Now we've had Bishop trotted out to say that they're all still behind the manager. He can't mean that right? He must be lying. I'm sure he knows you can't speak out or you'll be dropped. It's like a fvcking dictatorship. The players are doing absolutely NOTHING to suggest to me that they are trying for him. 0-0 with Northampton at home, case in point.
Jon Nolan's situation on 17:26 - Feb 19 with 1687 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Jon Nolan's situation on 17:27 - Feb 19 with 1664 viewshype313

Jon Nolan's situation on 17:26 - Feb 19 by SamWhiteUK

The only way he could wind me up more is by signing Mings

But joking aside, I know they say you have to laugh or you'll cry, but I'm just about out of laughter now. The situation at the club just beggars belief. Just about everything that could be wrong, is wrong.

Now we've had Bishop trotted out to say that they're all still behind the manager. He can't mean that right? He must be lying. I'm sure he knows you can't speak out or you'll be dropped. It's like a fvcking dictatorship. The players are doing absolutely NOTHING to suggest to me that they are trying for him. 0-0 with Northampton at home, case in point.

Ha, that's turned into a bit of fun hasn't it, but in all seriousness you are on the button, I think Bishop is in a no win situation, he says what he really thinks and he's then banished or he plays the game in the hope that things will change swiftly, but then gets pelters for backing tha manager.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jon Nolan's situation on 17:45 - Feb 19 with 1580 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've always wondered why more players don't go and watch their team mates when they're not in the squad (some do, but many don't). I'd be a bit miffed if a player didn't want to support their colleagues. But that's more for home games.

It's nuts to drag someone to an away match when they're not even on the bench. And to not tell them they weren't playing is either incompetence or being purely vindictive.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jon Nolan's situation on 17:47 - Feb 19 with 1558 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jon Nolan's situation on 17:22 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

Really wouldn't matter if his kid was 16. It also wouldn't matter if Nolan was a 17 year old and not a senior pro. Taking a 19th man during Covid times in a competition that allows 7 subs is ridiculous.

This. Just taking them up their unnecessarily in any times is pointless, but it's worse now for sure. I hadn't even thought of the covid angle.

Jon Nolan's situation on 17:48 - Feb 19 with 1559 viewsGavTWTD

At least Jackson and Nolan are getting some decent coaching.

Apologies, others have said the same thing on another thread. True tho

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Jon Nolan's situation on 18:17 - Feb 19 with 1433 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Don’t get that tbh. What happens if someone is sick overnight in the hotel, pulls up lame etc. They are testing regularly so it really shouldn’t affect the numbers they take to a game. They usually take more than 18 players.

I can understand that he’s disappointed not to be in the 18, but it’s part and parcel of his job. There are plenty of us on here who have had to work and make sacrifices with a young family, who are paid a fraction of what he earns.

That said, I agree that it’s poor to air this in public.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Jon Nolan's situation on 18:20 - Feb 19 with 1418 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jon Nolan's situation on 17:48 - Feb 19 by GavTWTD

At least Jackson and Nolan are getting some decent coaching.

Apologies, others have said the same thing on another thread. True tho

This post has been edited by an administrator

It'll be good for the U23s too. A couple of the senior pros coming down. A bit of banter, adds an extra competitive edge. A few spicey tackles. I'd expect Nolan to come back in bits!

Jon Nolan's situation on 18:21 - Feb 19 with 1416 viewspointofblue

Jon Nolan's situation on 18:17 - Feb 19 by southnorfolkblue

Don’t get that tbh. What happens if someone is sick overnight in the hotel, pulls up lame etc. They are testing regularly so it really shouldn’t affect the numbers they take to a game. They usually take more than 18 players.

I can understand that he’s disappointed not to be in the 18, but it’s part and parcel of his job. There are plenty of us on here who have had to work and make sacrifices with a young family, who are paid a fraction of what he earns.

I think the issue is Lambert told Nolan he would be on the bench only to drag him to Crewe and then tell him at the ground that he wouldn’t be. Shocking communication and man management but I doubt any of us are surprised.

Also the 19th man tends to be a youngster for experience, not one of the main squad.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jon Nolan's situation on 18:24 - Feb 19 with 1379 viewsTerra_Farma

no kids then J2
Jon Nolan's situation on 18:24 - Feb 19 with 1379 viewsRadlett_blue

Jon Nolan's situation on 18:17 - Feb 19 by southnorfolkblue

when you are already taking 18 players, taking an experienced player just to cover an illness makes no sense as he's exceptionally unlikely to get on the pitch if he's effectively 19th choice. It's the job for a young player, to give him some experience of being around the first team & Lambert seems to have been trying to belittle an experienced professional. Calling him out in public only makes Lambert's man-management look worse. He won't be here much longer!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Jon Nolan's situation on 18:42 - Feb 19 with 1325 viewstractorshark

For those asking why Nolan was taken on the trip if he was going to be left out of the squad, that’s common practice among most clubs just in case you get a late injury or illness.
Nolan might feel aggrieved but that’s tough. You’re paid well, go and prove the manager wrong the next time you get a chance. Unfortunately the reality with Nolan is he has never justified his transfer fee and regularly flatters to deceive, even though quite clearly he’s a reasonable player at this level.
I have absolutely no sympathy for him. Yes he’s got a young family but so have many on this forum and I suspect Nolan gets paid far more than you do. I suspect he also gets a lot more free time with them than you do.
That said, I have absolutely no sympathy for Lambert either. He may well be correct on this one but his man-management is shocking. When asked what they have to do to get back in the squad, he said he didn’t know. Surely there has to be a path to forgiveness otherwise it just becomes vindictive or petty. Either way you’re cutting your nose off to spite your own face.
Jackson was reckless and stupid but unless there is more to it than that, his punishment should be no worse than Downes’.
This just smacks of Lambert trying to deflect attention from himself.
I imagine we will lose tomorrow and he will be gone by early next week.
Jon Nolan's situation on 19:01 - Feb 19 with 1248 viewsjayessess

Jon Nolan's situation on 18:42 - Feb 19 by tractorshark

For those asking why Nolan was taken on the trip if he was going to be left out of the squad, that’s common practice among most clubs just in case you get a late injury or illness.
Nolan might feel aggrieved but that’s tough. You’re paid well, go and prove the manager wrong the next time you get a chance. Unfortunately the reality with Nolan is he has never justified his transfer fee and regularly flatters to deceive, even though quite clearly he’s a reasonable player at this level.
I have absolutely no sympathy for him. Yes he’s got a young family but so have many on this forum and I suspect Nolan gets paid far more than you do. I suspect he also gets a lot more free time with them than you do.
That said, I have absolutely no sympathy for Lambert either. He may well be correct on this one but his man-management is shocking. When asked what they have to do to get back in the squad, he said he didn’t know. Surely there has to be a path to forgiveness otherwise it just becomes vindictive or petty. Either way you’re cutting your nose off to spite your own face.
Jackson was reckless and stupid but unless there is more to it than that, his punishment should be no worse than Downes’.
This just smacks of Lambert trying to deflect attention from himself.
I imagine we will lose tomorrow and he will be gone by early next week.

Let's have a bit of perspective here. It's a word out of turn after the manager has said one thing then done another, without bothering to talk to him in between. He's not refused to play, nor refused to get on the coach, he's not slacked off in training nor during the match. He's done what he's paid to do.

It's an offence that's barely worth more than a brief ticking off, let alone exile to the stiffs. It certainly didn't need to be aired in public.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jon Nolan's situation on 21:27 - Feb 19 with 1046 viewstractorshark

Jon Nolan's situation on 19:01 - Feb 19 by jayessess

Let's have a bit of perspective here. It's a word out of turn after the manager has said one thing then done another, without bothering to talk to him in between. He's not refused to play, nor refused to get on the coach, he's not slacked off in training nor during the match. He's done what he's paid to do.

It's an offence that's barely worth more than a brief ticking off, let alone exile to the stiffs. It certainly didn't need to be aired in public.

Certainly agree it didn’t have to be aired in public.
But there are two sides to the coin. Yes it may just be a word out of turn but equally it could have been said with a bit of venom. We just don’t know.
Either way at best it comes over as petulant and childish. And, at worst, it’s disrespectful at a time when the club is in crisis.
If I told my boss it wasn’t worth me coming in yesterday because I didn’t have anything to do and I would rather have spent the time with my family, he would quite rightly have asked if I was taking the p***.
People are siding with Nolan because it’s another stick to beat Lambert with. But if he’d done this to Kieron Dyer, it would be a different reaction from our fanbase.
But as I said originally, I agree the punishment is ridiculously harsh and it is self-harming to the player, manager and more importantly the club, which is still paying his wages.
I am not defending Lambert’s management here, I’m just saying Nolan does not warrant much sympathy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024