Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why didn't Town wear blue last night? 12:44 - Feb 24 with 2705 viewsRadlett_blue

We should play in our proper kit unless the referee deems there to be a colour clash.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 13:47 - Feb 24 with 2620 viewsSWGF

Blue is our unlucky colour, sadly

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 13:50 - Feb 24 with 2605 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 13:47 - Feb 24 by SWGF

Blue is our unlucky colour, sadly

It's the blue shorts. I knew they were a bad idea from the start and still find they look wrong.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 14:01 - Feb 24 with 2570 viewsVaughan8

I'm guessing cos we would barely wear it otherwise. Whenever we should (against blue teams) I imagine, they have white somewhere in their kit as well. We must have worn the "Barcelona" kit more times this season?
Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 14:02 - Feb 24 with 2561 viewsitfcjoe

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 14:01 - Feb 24 by Vaughan8

I'm guessing cos we would barely wear it otherwise. Whenever we should (against blue teams) I imagine, they have white somewhere in their kit as well. We must have worn the "Barcelona" kit more times this season?

THink it's now 2 v 2 - no idea why we couldn't wear this v Posh though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 14:47 - Feb 24 with 2507 viewsIllinoisblue

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 13:50 - Feb 24 by Swansea_Blue

It's the blue shorts. I knew they were a bad idea from the start and still find they look wrong.

We should wear blue shorts in Europe only.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 15:27 - Feb 24 with 2433 viewsTieDyedIn95

People are complaining we aren't using it and are using the Barca strip more regularly. This is the rubbish you invite when you change both kits every season.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 15:29 - Feb 24 with 2427 viewshoppy

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 14:47 - Feb 24 by Illinoisblue

We should wear blue shorts in Europe only.

So basically, always white for the foreseeable?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 15:36 - Feb 24 with 2410 viewsTrumptonBlue

Completely agree with the OP. Town have never worn change kits unnecessarily and we shouldn't start now, in my opinion. I seem to recall McCarthy always insisted that we wear blue if at all possible. I didn't agree with him on everything, but he was bang on there.
Login to get fewer ads

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 15:41 - Feb 24 with 2387 viewsElderGrizzly

Some clubs are contractually obliged to wear the away kit so many times a season.

Not sure we are big enough to warrant a clause like that though.
Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 16:02 - Feb 24 with 2339 viewsRadlett_blue

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 15:41 - Feb 24 by ElderGrizzly

Some clubs are contractually obliged to wear the away kit so many times a season.

Yes, such stipulations are often part of a club's contract with it's kit manufacturer. However, especially for a club like Ipswich, the extra amount earned from allowing such a clause must be so trivial that it isn't worth it. Certainly isn't as far as I'm concerned.

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 16:04 - Feb 24 with 2337 viewsitfcjoe

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 15:29 - Feb 24 by hoppy

So basically, always white for the foreseeable?

Unless we play Newport County in the league next season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 18:37 - Feb 24 with 2217 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 15:36 - Feb 24 by TrumptonBlue

Completely agree with the OP. Town have never worn change kits unnecessarily and we shouldn't start now, in my opinion. I seem to recall McCarthy always insisted that we wear blue if at all possible. I didn't agree with him on everything, but he was bang on there.

We wore our white away kit in the FA Cup semi final against WBA, who were wearing their green and yellow away kit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 18:38 - Feb 24 with 2211 viewsTieDyedIn95

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 15:41 - Feb 24 by ElderGrizzly

It's a template kit that a dozen other clubs also use, which you can also buy for your 5 a side team if you so wish, so no, no contract involved there.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 18:59 - Feb 24 with 2175 viewsTrumptonBlue

Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 18:37 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

We wore our white away kit in the FA Cup semi final against WBA, who were wearing their green and yellow away kit.

In the FA Cup it was quite common for both teams to change when there was a clash. Must have been in the small print of the competition rules somewhere. It was the same in the 1981 semi against Manchester City.
Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 19:01 - Feb 24 with 2164 viewsTrumptonBlue

And against West Ham in 75, in fact.
Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 19:01 - Feb 24 with 2158 viewsstrikalite

I'm convinced that some players respond to a change of kit...it's the same feeling as heading into town on a Saturday night with your new £80 shirt on, you feel good as soon as you put it on..
Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 19:11 - Feb 24 with 2136 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Hahaha, fantastic trivia, and brilliantly used here!
Why didn't Town wear blue last night? on 19:14 - Feb 24 with 2128 viewsRadlett_blue

In the 1960s, the rules in FA Cup games were that if there was a colour clash, both teams were supposed to change, even in game was not on a neutral ground. This was sometimes rescinded for the final.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024