Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician 16:02 - Mar 1 with 1475 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Very vague, not answering questions or answering them with something unrelated to what's been asked. And this constant mantra of "our stance is that he’s not actively looking to sell the club." That's like saying "What we're SAYING is this" - not what is actually the truth.

If there's no deal he'd just say that. There's no need to add "our stance is X."

Either he doesn't know anything (he'd probably be out the door as well if there is a takeover) or he's restricted in what he can say, so he just waffles, deflects or uses weird politician-speak like "our stance is this..."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:05 - Mar 1 with 1448 viewsSwailsey

I'm assuming it's the later.

There will presumably be various things in place (NDAs etc) to prevent any formal talk of a takeover, so they're not falling foul of laws around cartels, competition law, skewing the stock market and so on.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 16:06]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:08 - Mar 1 with 1426 viewsRadlett_blue

I've never seen so much verbiage from one person which says absolutely nothing. This must be because Evans makes all the important decisions & either doesn't tell O'Neill or else he's under strict instructions to say nothing.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:09 - Mar 1 with 1418 viewsJ2BLUE

I really think Evans thinks we're idiots. Look at his statements over the years, look at what LON gets sent out to defence or to justify. I am absolutely convinced Evans thinks he can just spin anything however he wants and we're too dumb to see through it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:14 - Mar 1 with 1381 viewsBlueBadger

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:09 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

I really think Evans thinks we're idiots. Look at his statements over the years, look at what LON gets sent out to defence or to justify. I am absolutely convinced Evans thinks he can just spin anything however he wants and we're too dumb to see through it.

In all fairness, they DO read this place...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:16 - Mar 1 with 1362 viewsclive_baker

‘Ask not what Lambert didn’t achieve for us, ask what we didn’t achieve for Paul’.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:23 - Mar 1 with 1323 viewsParsley

O'Neill had a press conference to say that he doesn't know about any takeovers and he doesn't know who the new manager will be. I understand why he can't say these things but it is so frustrating.
Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:24 - Mar 1 with 1311 viewsWD19

A politician at local council level maybe........

He makes Matt Hancock look like a model of competence.
Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:29 - Mar 1 with 1293 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:09 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

Or O'Neill isn't quite clever enough to pull it off.

BTW - you asked about the diet. In my first week I lost just over 3lbs. Getting hunger pangs now and again but they soon disappear if you tough it out. We're both much thirstier and so drinking a lot more water, but both feel good (physically and mentally) and have more energy. The missus, especially seems a lot more upbeat (she's had some work stresses to deal with recently).

On my run two days ago I went further than usual (had to pop to a local shop) and yet it was my second fastest time (of those where I remember to record it).

On Friday we switch to stage two, the main 5:2 diet. Two days per week of 800 calories, then the other 5 a more normal amount.

Login to get fewer ads

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:32 - Mar 1 with 1276 viewsHullblue

Yeah it reads like satire at times. Not sure that’s his fault though - reckon he’s hung out to dry more often than not.

This bit highlights how fuzzy the thinking around his role is:

“A Sky Sports journalist at the press conference said his organisation has been told Cook’s appointment is very close and asked O’Neill what he would comment, he said: “Just that you probably know more than me on that situation.

“I know that Marcus Evans is driving the recruitment on that.”

What? So our Director of Football Operations or whatever his title is has no say in who our next manager is? If that’s true it just shows that ME still hasn’t learned.

We talk about implementing 5 year plans and passing philosophies and using young players more, but then we try and do it without the necessary structure and expertise. So Marcus, a man who only started watching football 13 years ago, is still making his own managerial decisions.

The best example of this, obviously, was giving PL a 5 year contract when he clearly can’t coach a team to play out from the back, help to improve young players, or even achieve short term results. It’s laughable really. I really hope he is selling up.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:35 - Mar 1 with 1249 viewshype313

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:32 - Mar 1 by Hullblue

Yeah it reads like satire at times. Not sure that’s his fault though - reckon he’s hung out to dry more often than not.

This bit highlights how fuzzy the thinking around his role is:

“A Sky Sports journalist at the press conference said his organisation has been told Cook’s appointment is very close and asked O’Neill what he would comment, he said: “Just that you probably know more than me on that situation.

“I know that Marcus Evans is driving the recruitment on that.”

What? So our Director of Football Operations or whatever his title is has no say in who our next manager is? If that’s true it just shows that ME still hasn’t learned.

We talk about implementing 5 year plans and passing philosophies and using young players more, but then we try and do it without the necessary structure and expertise. So Marcus, a man who only started watching football 13 years ago, is still making his own managerial decisions.

The best example of this, obviously, was giving PL a 5 year contract when he clearly can’t coach a team to play out from the back, help to improve young players, or even achieve short term results. It’s laughable really. I really hope he is selling up.

He's clearly been gagged, he knows what's going on, it's all just smoke and mirrors.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 17:00 - Mar 1 with 1191 viewsGeminiblue

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:35 - Mar 1 by hype313

He's clearly been gagged, he knows what's going on, it's all just smoke and mirrors.

To be fair whatever stance they take is going to be criticised, whether it’s no press announcements at all or giving more detail without enough real detail to satisfy fans. Add in commercially sensitive ongoing takeover negotiations, possibly an agreement for both ITFC & Lambert to not say anything negative about each other as part of a settlement, then they really are limited on what can be said at this stage on either the takeover or Mgr vacancy. With the pace that press and social media work, fans constantly refreshing feeds for updates, dissecting every word it must be a thankless task working in PR/media. Got to feel for O’Neil doing ME’s bidding too.
Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 17:08 - Mar 1 with 1153 viewsHullblue

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:35 - Mar 1 by hype313

If that’s the case he should say he can’t talk about it, like he did with Lambert’s contract. Instead, according to your version of events, he lied? Wouldn’t surprise me but it seems unnecessary.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 17:11 - Mar 1 with 1136 viewsJ2BLUE

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 16:29 - Mar 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Or O'Neill isn't quite clever enough to pull it off.

BTW - you asked about the diet. In my first week I lost just over 3lbs. Getting hunger pangs now and again but they soon disappear if you tough it out. We're both much thirstier and so drinking a lot more water, but both feel good (physically and mentally) and have more energy. The missus, especially seems a lot more upbeat (she's had some work stresses to deal with recently).

On my run two days ago I went further than usual (had to pop to a local shop) and yet it was my second fastest time (of those where I remember to record it).

On Friday we switch to stage two, the main 5:2 diet. Two days per week of 800 calories, then the other 5 a more normal amount.

Brilliant stuff, well done!

Thanks for the update.

Truly impaired.

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 17:23 - Mar 1 with 1113 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 17:11 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

Brilliant stuff, well done!

Thanks for the update.

Are you tempted yourself?

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 17:29 - Mar 1 with 1090 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 17:08 - Mar 1 by Hullblue

If that’s the case he should say he can’t talk about it, like he did with Lambert’s contract. Instead, according to your version of events, he lied? Wouldn’t surprise me but it seems unnecessary.

"I can't talk about it" implies there is something happening. If there was nothing happening he could just say, "I don't know where these rumours have come from but they're nonsense, there's nothing happening."

He's doing the politician thing of stating "Our stance is this" so when there's any comeback he can say, "That was our stance at the time."

No-one's asked what their stance is (we already know). We want to know what the truth is, please. "Well, our stance is..."

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 18:15 - Mar 1 with 1036 viewsTrequartista

Agree. It's just a complete waste of time interviewing him, he cannot or will not answer anything.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 20:16 - Mar 1 with 962 viewsJ2BLUE

Just read all of Lee O'Neill's quotes - he sounds like a politician on 17:23 - Mar 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Are you tempted yourself?

I've dabbled wit fasting in the past. I quite like the discipline of it. I would fast from about 6pm to 2pm the next day.

I have done Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss diet which is basically the same thing calorie wise. Some of the results people have got doing his diet are insane. One man lost something like 90 pounds in 90 days. The transformation was incredible.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024