Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s have it right... 12:35 - Mar 14 with 2326 viewsCoco

Luke Chambers has been first choice for every single manager since he has been at this club. He has been 100% dependable, near 100% available and an ABSOLUTE credit to this football and his profession in general. He has gone above and beyond as a captain representing the club of the field in the community and hosted a number of youth teamers at his home - which can only help instil his professionalism to the next generation.

The fact he is still first choice is hardly his fault and is ultimately a failing of recruitment and the players themselves to do enough to dislodge him.

If we want to have more desire, more fight and not be languishing in the third tier, the fact is, we need more players at the club like Luke chambers.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Let’s have it right... on 12:38 - Mar 14 with 2092 viewsMullet

I really don't think people need to try so hard to dismiss the idiots who disagree with this. It's obvious to pretty much anyone with eyes and an understanding of the game.

Same with Skuse. Hence why so few of them are so vocal now. Those that do try and spin the same sh1te just look like they're shouting at pigeons.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Let’s have it right... on 13:05 - Mar 14 with 2038 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Your argument holds water....with him at CB.

He is not, never has been, never will be a RB. He has been a stop gap bevause the last real RB we had (Before KVY arrived) was David Wright (Currently Norwich u23s manager, which has no bearing here but worth mentioning) which again is not his fault but still doesn't mean his performances should not be criticised

Lets also be clear as Club captain he should be demanding that players step up, pushing and driving his team mates to strive for more and pulling them up the same way Jim did and any captain does. DMG said there was no pressure to win anything at the club and Chambers has been a long held part of that culture being allowed to develop.

Yes he's been a great servant to the club and gets a lot of unfair stick but equally some of it is deserved and just because he's club captain doesn't mean he does not have faults

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Let’s have it right... on 13:06 - Mar 14 with 2028 viewspointofblue

I agree though I do think his time has come at right back. I'd have no issue with him at centre back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Let’s have it right... on 15:06 - Mar 14 with 1879 viewsTheBoyBlue

I've been impressed with him this season. The previous two seasons he worried me.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Let’s have it right... on 15:40 - Mar 14 with 1838 viewsjayessess

This feels like quite a low bar for hero worship for me?
He's been a decent servant for the club, but he made a decent living from the club. That's it.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 15:41]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Let’s have it right... on 16:08 - Mar 14 with 1778 viewsHighgateBlue

100% dependable except when he damn nearly left the club, for reasons that I don't think I'll ever quite understand.

But yes, he's been consistent and dependable in the main (at a time when the ship has very much needed steadying), and has done whatever's been asked of him.
Let’s have it right... on 16:18 - Mar 14 with 1756 viewsCoco

Let’s have it right... on 15:40 - Mar 14 by jayessess

This feels like quite a low bar for hero worship for me?
He's been a decent servant for the club, but he made a decent living from the club. That's it.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 15:41]

Who mentioned hero worship? In this polarised world you need to step back and remember there is a lot of space between hero and villain. Just appreciate he has been a fantastic pro who has never let anyone down.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 16:30]

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Let’s have it right... on 16:23 - Mar 14 with 1737 viewschicoazul

Chambers has been at the centre of the clubs radical decline in the last four years. I like him as a player and he is by all informed accounts here and elsewhere a very good bloke and a great captain and Mick certainly loved him to bits. But you have to wonder how much of what has happened here is down to him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Let’s have it right... on 16:26 - Mar 14 with 1726 viewsHerbivore

Let’s have it right... on 16:23 - Mar 14 by chicoazul

Chambers has been at the centre of the clubs radical decline in the last four years. I like him as a player and he is by all informed accounts here and elsewhere a very good bloke and a great captain and Mick certainly loved him to bits. But you have to wonder how much of what has happened here is down to him.

I do find this line of argument very bizarre. He was also at the heart of the only side we've had under ME's rein that managed consecutive top half finishes in the Championship.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Let’s have it right... on 16:28 - Mar 14 with 1717 viewschicoazul

Let’s have it right... on 16:26 - Mar 14 by Herbivore

I do find this line of argument very bizarre. He was also at the heart of the only side we've had under ME's rein that managed consecutive top half finishes in the Championship.

We’re both right. Not that the truth will ever come out of course but if he had been fully behind Hurst from the word go....?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Let’s have it right... on 16:30 - Mar 14 with 1705 viewsHerbivore

Let’s have it right... on 16:28 - Mar 14 by chicoazul

We’re both right. Not that the truth will ever come out of course but if he had been fully behind Hurst from the word go....?

Then we might have been stuck with a manager clearly out of his depth for even longer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Let’s have it right... on 16:31 - Mar 14 with 1700 viewschicoazul

Let’s have it right... on 16:30 - Mar 14 by Herbivore

Then we might have been stuck with a manager clearly out of his depth for even longer.

Hmmmm.

Let’s have it right... on 16:32 - Mar 14 with 1697 viewsjayessess

Let’s have it right... on 16:18 - Mar 14 by Coco

Who mentioned hero worship? In this polarised world you need to step back and remember there is a lot of space between hero and villain. Just appreciate he has been a fantastic pro who has never let anyone down.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 16:30]

"ABSOLUTE credit to the club and his profession"
"Above and beyond" etc.

There's a polarisation about Chambers, but the insistence that he simply has to get all this admiration and praise is as much a part of it as the people who insist he's single-handedly responsible for our decline.

Let’s have it right... on 16:43 - Mar 14 with 1670 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Let’s have it right... on 16:23 - Mar 14 by chicoazul

No. It's been down to Evans.
End of story.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Let’s have it right... on 17:23 - Mar 14 with 1602 viewsCoco

Let’s have it right... on 16:32 - Mar 14 by jayessess

"ABSOLUTE credit to the club and his profession"
"Above and beyond" etc.

There's a polarisation about Chambers, but the insistence that he simply has to get all this admiration and praise is as much a part of it as the people who insist he's single-handedly responsible for our decline.

Those two points are beyond doubt and totally separate to his ability on the pitch.

Let’s have it right... on 17:40 - Mar 14 with 1557 viewsjayessess

Let’s have it right... on 17:23 - Mar 14 by Coco

Those two points are beyond doubt and totally separate to his ability on the pitch.

It's not particularly out of the ordinary for footballers to do community work. Certainly not "above and beyond" the usual requirements of the job.

I don't really get why this all has to be "beyond doubt" and "only idiots don't appreciate him" etc. etc. It's just as polarised as the negative stuff.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 17:44]

Let’s have it right... on 17:45 - Mar 14 with 1540 viewsCoco

Let’s have it right... on 17:40 - Mar 14 by jayessess

It's not particularly out of the ordinary for footballers to do community work. Certainly not "above and beyond" the usual requirements of the job.

I don't really get why this all has to be "beyond doubt" and "only idiots don't appreciate him" etc. etc. It's just as polarised as the negative stuff.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 17:44]

I’m referencing his support for many of the youth team players in particular. I think a few managers and players have said he does way to much and puts too much responsibility on his own shoulders. The fact many top players who have left say he is the best captain they’ve had and still call him ‘skip’ speaks volumes.

I think he now needs replacing in the team but the fact he hasn’t been isn’t down to him is it? Why so many try so hard to slate him is beyond me.

Let’s have it right... on 17:47 - Mar 14 with 1535 viewsjayessess

Let’s have it right... on 17:45 - Mar 14 by Coco

I’m referencing his support for many of the youth team players in particular. I think a few managers and players have said he does way to much and puts too much responsibility on his own shoulders. The fact many top players who have left say he is the best captain they’ve had and still call him ‘skip’ speaks volumes.

I think he now needs replacing in the team but the fact he hasn’t been isn’t down to him is it? Why so many try so hard to slate him is beyond me.

Who are these "top players"? He can't have captained many, can he?

I also think people go overboard in the criticism. Others go overboard on the praise.

Let’s have it right... on 17:57 - Mar 14 with 1513 viewsPJH

Let’s have it right... on 16:30 - Mar 14 by Herbivore

Hurst is currently looking out of his depth at the bottom of League Two.
Let’s have it right... on 18:35 - Mar 14 with 1465 viewsCoco

Let’s have it right... on 17:47 - Mar 14 by jayessess

Who are these "top players"? He can't have captained many, can he?

I also think people go overboard in the criticism. Others go overboard on the praise.

I’m stating fact.

Mings, Cresswell, Dids, Webster to name a few. I’m sure McCarthy said he’s the best captain he’s had too.

Let’s have it right... on 18:37 - Mar 14 with 1460 viewsArnieM

You know it sickens me really that the people that trash Chambo, never ask where is KVY, and why has this young player bern out for nearly 2yrs now ? How about questioning that players restore, commitment, fitness and value for money re his contract .
Players like Chambers are few and far between . This Club needs him ( and that doesn’t mean necessarily in a playing role ). Don’t criticise a player for being ever present . He is so for a reason , and that had been appreciated by numerous managers . And while we’re at it the sand can bd applied to Skuse too.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Let’s have it right... on 19:16 - Mar 14 with 1408 viewsjayessess

Let’s have it right... on 18:35 - Mar 14 by Coco

I’m stating fact.

Mings, Cresswell, Dids, Webster to name a few. I’m sure McCarthy said he’s the best captain he’s had too.

Don't think I've heard any of them speak his name since they left the club.

Also, didn't McGoldrick say the club culture at ITFC was unambitious and accepting of failure?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 19:26]

Let’s have it right... on 19:23 - Mar 14 with 1386 viewsjayessess

Let’s have it right... on 18:37 - Mar 14 by ArnieM

You know it sickens me really that the people that trash Chambo, never ask where is KVY, and why has this young player bern out for nearly 2yrs now ? How about questioning that players restore, commitment, fitness and value for money re his contract .
Players like Chambers are few and far between . This Club needs him ( and that doesn’t mean necessarily in a playing role ). Don’t criticise a player for being ever present . He is so for a reason , and that had been appreciated by numerous managers . And while we’re at it the sand can bd applied to Skuse too.

Is KVY's injury his fault then?

Let’s have it right... on 20:15 - Mar 14 with 1316 viewsEl_Fenix

"Luke Chambers has been first choice for every single manager since he has been at this club."

I admire the professionalism of Luke Chambers and how he has kept himself physically fit into his mid thirties.

However, Chambers was not 'always first choice' at CB. Mick McCarthy played him at full back whenever better CB's were available.

In my opinion: Chambers was a decent journey man CB whose effectiveness was declining as he aged. This was obvious during the relegation season. I was not sure that his contract would be renewed at the end of that season. I am glad for him that he has been able to make useful contributions for the past two years, but think it would be a mistake to have him start at CB.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 20:37]

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Let’s have it right... on 20:21 - Mar 14 with 1292 viewsMullet

Let’s have it right... on 20:15 - Mar 14 by El_Fenix

"Luke Chambers has been first choice for every single manager since he has been at this club."

I admire the professionalism of Luke Chambers and how he has kept himself physically fit into his mid thirties.

However, Chambers was not 'always first choice' at CB. Mick McCarthy played him at full back whenever better CB's were available.

In my opinion: Chambers was a decent journey man CB whose effectiveness was declining as he aged. This was obvious during the relegation season. I was not sure that his contract would be renewed at the end of that season. I am glad for him that he has been able to make useful contributions for the past two years, but think it would be a mistake to have him start at CB.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 20:37]

How many clubs has he been at? Journeyman?

He played at RB because he was good enough there and no one else was, he'd played there at both his previous clubs.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024