Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fight fans 15:53 - Mar 15 with 2188 viewsFixed_It

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12246953/anthony-joshua-and-tyson-fu

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Fight fans on 15:55 - Mar 15 with 1943 viewsJ2BLUE

Great news. PPV buys will be insane so I hope they agree to have it in the UK. If they go to Saudi Arabia or some other sports-washed placed then I won't be buying it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fight fans on 16:09 - Mar 15 with 1886 viewsRadlett_blue

Fight fans on 15:55 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

Great news. PPV buys will be insane so I hope they agree to have it in the UK. If they go to Saudi Arabia or some other sports-washed placed then I won't be buying it.

I would like the fight to be in England, but naturally the boxers & their masters will gravitate to the venue which produces the most money. This wouldn't put me off stumping up for PPV, unless it was on at a ridiculous time to catch the US market.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Fight fans on 16:12 - Mar 15 with 1877 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Looking forward to this - and a tough call.

Wasn't the last Brit to unify the Divison Lennox Lewis?
Fight fans on 16:15 - Mar 15 with 1852 viewsitfc_bucks

initially thought this was going to be a soundbite from Paul Lambert...
Fight fans on 16:20 - Mar 15 with 1818 viewsJ2BLUE

Fight fans on 16:09 - Mar 15 by Radlett_blue

I would like the fight to be in England, but naturally the boxers & their masters will gravitate to the venue which produces the most money. This wouldn't put me off stumping up for PPV, unless it was on at a ridiculous time to catch the US market.

It's already going to be a money machine with global PPV buys.

I hope they both want it in this country.

Truly impaired.

Fight fans on 19:45 - Mar 15 with 1708 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Backing AJ 100%. Going to be a hell of a fight, stylistically I think I favour AJ.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fight fans on 19:47 - Mar 15 with 1705 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like they are going for the money and it won't be in the UK.

Truly impaired.

Fight fans on 21:19 - Mar 15 with 1664 viewsRadlett_blue

Fight fans on 19:45 - Mar 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Backing AJ 100%. Going to be a hell of a fight, stylistically I think I favour AJ.

I think Fury is a very smart, awkward fighter & my money would be firmly on him. That's what makes a market & an attractive fight, I guess.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Fight fans on 21:39 - Mar 15 with 1638 viewsStNeotsBlue

Fight fans on 19:47 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

Looks like they are going for the money and it won't be in the UK.

Mike Costello was saying on the radio that the 1st fight will be in the Middle East, probably Saudi and the UK was never in the running. But that the 2nd fight, if it happens, is likely to be in the UK
Fight fans on 21:42 - Mar 15 with 1630 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fight fans on 21:19 - Mar 15 by Radlett_blue

I think Fury is a very smart, awkward fighter & my money would be firmly on him. That's what makes a market & an attractive fight, I guess.

Exactly. I just think Wilder was Taylor made for Fury. He only has one punch and he needs arms reach to throw it. When Wallin who is a bit more awkward got in his face and boxed in the inside, like we’ve seen from AJ in the Pulev fight and before Ruiz 2. He cause Fury untold problems. So that’s why I tip AJ.

That being said, Fury moves like a cruiserweight and can certainly bang so I can’t say any side with certainty. Going to be a beauty

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fight fans on 18:37 - Mar 18 with 1499 viewsmidastouch

AJ vs Fury has a lot to live up to after Saturday night (that is if it hopes to be a genuine fight of the year contender).

See here (two warriors giving it their all):

If you're in a hurry skip it to 10 minutes where they are still going at it like hammer and tongs! Incredible levels of energy, stamina and resistance.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Fight fans on 19:47 - Mar 18 with 1447 viewsHerbivore

Fight fans on 21:42 - Mar 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Exactly. I just think Wilder was Taylor made for Fury. He only has one punch and he needs arms reach to throw it. When Wallin who is a bit more awkward got in his face and boxed in the inside, like we’ve seen from AJ in the Pulev fight and before Ruiz 2. He cause Fury untold problems. So that’s why I tip AJ.

That being said, Fury moves like a cruiserweight and can certainly bang so I can’t say any side with certainty. Going to be a beauty

Fury really doesn't bang. He's not much of a puncher, despite being massive. AJ is much more of a banger. Fury will try to frustrate AJ with constant movement, flicking out the jab, and spoiling when AJ does get in range. He'll be looking to nick a points win. Whether he can do that for 12 rounds against someone with decent technique who is also a big unit and will let his hands go is another matter.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fight fans on 20:23 - Mar 18 with 1415 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Fight fans on 19:47 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

Fury really doesn't bang. He's not much of a puncher, despite being massive. AJ is much more of a banger. Fury will try to frustrate AJ with constant movement, flicking out the jab, and spoiling when AJ does get in range. He'll be looking to nick a points win. Whether he can do that for 12 rounds against someone with decent technique who is also a big unit and will let his hands go is another matter.

Great summary - agree
Fight fans on 20:53 - Mar 18 with 1381 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Fight fans on 15:55 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

If it's anywhere other than the UK I think British fight fans will be livid..... 2 British fighters it has to be the UK... pack out Wembley.

Biggest fight since the rumble in the jungle, can't wait.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Fight fans on 20:57 - Mar 18 with 1374 viewsPassionNotAnger

Fight fans on 20:53 - Mar 18 by BlueandTruesince82

If it's anywhere other than the UK I think British fight fans will be livid..... 2 British fighters it has to be the UK... pack out Wembley.

Biggest fight since the rumble in the jungle, can't wait.

That will be avoided at almost any cost as crowd control carnage at this one would look Millwall v West Ham look tame!
Fight fans on 22:28 - Mar 18 with 1299 viewskhurst_848

Without a date or a venue nothing is agreed not really also they still have USA tv to sort out
Fight fans on 09:01 - Mar 19 with 1230 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Fight fans on 20:57 - Mar 18 by PassionNotAnger

That will be avoided at almost any cost as crowd control carnage at this one would look Millwall v West Ham look tame!

Why do you think that? Been to many boxing, MMA and kickboxing fights, never seen mass trouble?
Fight fans on 09:32 - Mar 19 with 1196 viewsmidastouch

Fight fans on 09:01 - Mar 19 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Why do you think that? Been to many boxing, MMA and kickboxing fights, never seen mass trouble?

Sometimes it can kick off but fortunately it doesn't happen very often.

Fight fans on 09:39 - Mar 19 with 1185 viewsHerbivore

Fight fans on 09:32 - Mar 19 by midastouch

Sometimes it can kick off but fortunately it doesn't happen very often.

I was at the David Haye v Enzo Mac fight years ago and I've genuinely never seen so many fights. Loads of little scraps breaking out, bars having to pull down their shutters. Crazy stuff. I was also at Haye v Chisora a few years later at Upton Park and the atmosphere there was good, no hint of trouble at all.

Fight fans on 10:09 - Mar 19 with 1172 viewsmidastouch

Fight fans on 09:39 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

I was at the David Haye v Enzo Mac fight years ago and I've genuinely never seen so many fights. Loads of little scraps breaking out, bars having to pull down their shutters. Crazy stuff. I was also at Haye v Chisora a few years later at Upton Park and the atmosphere there was good, no hint of trouble at all.

Sometimes the fights outside the ring are more entertaining than those inside! :-)
All joking aside, I remember both of those fights well. I didn't go to either of them but watched them on the box. Haye and Chisora infamously tumbling around after the Klitschko fight was pretty nuts!

Fight fans on 10:20 - Mar 19 with 1155 viewsblue62

Before that don't forget the local boy fighting on 27 March.

Fabio Wardley vs Eric Molina: 10 Rounds at Heavyweight
Fight fans on 10:30 - Mar 19 with 1152 viewsPassionNotAnger

Fight fans on 09:01 - Mar 19 by SuperKieranMcKenna

You serious? The self proclaimed Gypsy king fighting in a British arena will attract a huge following from his community who will care passionately and exuberantly whether "their man" wins, with another mass following of fight fans supporting Joshua also vocally in a stadium selling large amounts of alcohol - surely everyone can see the high potential for significant disorder if it was in a stadium with 10's of thousands of people in Britain?
Fight fans on 10:38 - Mar 19 with 1145 viewsHerbivore

Fight fans on 10:20 - Mar 19 by blue62

Before that don't forget the local boy fighting on 27 March.

Fabio Wardley vs Eric Molina: 10 Rounds at Heavyweight

Should be a decent test for him that.

Fight fans on 11:06 - Mar 19 with 1126 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Fight fans on 10:30 - Mar 19 by PassionNotAnger

You serious? The self proclaimed Gypsy king fighting in a British arena will attract a huge following from his community who will care passionately and exuberantly whether "their man" wins, with another mass following of fight fans supporting Joshua also vocally in a stadium selling large amounts of alcohol - surely everyone can see the high potential for significant disorder if it was in a stadium with 10's of thousands of people in Britain?

Maybe I've been lucky then but been to probably 20 odd fights and only ever seen a few isolated incidents. Never been to a Fury fight though, so image he attracts a few wrong'ens.

Reckon it mostly comes from the casuals / football fans. I've trained for many years and most of the people I've come across are very respectful and disciplined.
Fight fans on 11:10 - Mar 19 with 1118 viewshype313

Fight fans on 11:06 - Mar 19 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Maybe I've been lucky then but been to probably 20 odd fights and only ever seen a few isolated incidents. Never been to a Fury fight though, so image he attracts a few wrong'ens.

Reckon it mostly comes from the casuals / football fans. I've trained for many years and most of the people I've come across are very respectful and disciplined.

If you want to see fights kicking off all over the shop, then have a day at Ascot, it's carnage, couldn't believe my eyes last time I went.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024