Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The police did nothing wrong say the police 11:32 - Mar 30 with 1606 viewsSteve_M

Largely because they seem to have looked solely at the actions of individual officers and not at the strategic direction that lead them to aggressively break up a peaceful vigil. The two are very different things and it is clear where that strategic directions came from.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/30/police-handling-of-sarah-everard

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 11:47 - Mar 30 with 1541 viewsRyorry

Putting Hasting, Steve & Kate onto it would be the option most likely to get anywhere with this ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 11:49 - Mar 30 with 1533 viewsfooters

What a shock. No lessons to be learned, and we wait for it all to happen again in six, twelve, eighteen months' time. Sigh.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 12:16 - Mar 30 with 1497 viewsmonytowbray

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 11:49 - Mar 30 by footers

What a shock. No lessons to be learned, and we wait for it all to happen again in six, twelve, eighteen months' time. Sigh.

Yes but The Good Cops.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 12:18 - Mar 30 with 1491 viewsmonytowbray

Wait until they say they did nothing wrong in Bristol too.

[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 12:21]

TWTD never forgets…

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 13:15 - Mar 30 with 1426 viewsDarth_Koont

I have a bit of sympathy for the ordinary rank and file (even though I’m sure there are a few who relish the opportunity to be heavy-handed and, in Bristol certainly, crack a few skulls).

But really they’re the fall guys for an increasingly authoritarian government and their own senior officers who want to prove their usefulness. Being set up as frontline troops in a culture war doesn’t do them or society any good – in fact quite the opposite.

Pronouns: He/Him

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 13:37 - Mar 30 with 1363 viewsSuffolkPOSH

"A police force without accountability breeds criminals in uniform"
The police did nothing wrong say the police on 17:35 - Mar 30 with 1258 viewsbluelagos

I often use the phrase "institutionally corrupt". Reason being, the police as a whole will do whatever is needed to protect their reputation over and above, doing the right thing.

They are institutionally incapable of recognising their mistakes (when they happen) and their default position is always to protect and cover up rather than to reflect and learn.

Seems this is yet another example of the institutional corruption that permeates British policing. They had a choice, to reflect on the decisions made, instead they chose to defend their decision making.

And the worst thing of all, I and many others won't be in the least bit surprised by this report. Same old.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 19:22 - Mar 30 with 1185 viewsSteve_M

Interestingly the report isn't a total whitewash, on the rather salient point of whether the police got the law right it decided they got it wrong.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 19:36 - Mar 30 with 1159 viewsstantheman

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 12:18 - Mar 30 by monytowbray

Wait until they say they did nothing wrong in Bristol too.

[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 12:21]

So it was all the fault of the police then. I was thinking that the country was being overrun by militant anarchists out to destroy law and order. Phew.
Don't start him off, FFS. (n/t) on 19:46 - Mar 30 with 1139 viewsBloots

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 19:36 - Mar 30 by stantheman

So it was all the fault of the police then. I was thinking that the country was being overrun by militant anarchists out to destroy law and order. Phew.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 21:24 - Mar 30 with 1056 viewsmonytowbray

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 19:36 - Mar 30 by stantheman

Do you know what an anarchist is?

TWTD never forgets…

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 23:14 - Mar 30 with 982 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I wasn’t going to respond to this, I certainly am not adding this for mass debate. I’m adding the below to hopefully add a little balance and show that (albeit pro police) channels are providing a different viewpoint. I’m sure many of you don’t care about these, or don’t want to attempt to see this viewpoint.. that’s fine, but this shows it’s simple just add links to article and social media to simply support your own viewpoint. The truth is far more nuanced.
Government and police have continued to have many failings, my biggest gripe is the distinct lack of explanation of powers and policies as if you speak to any cross sections of society they will have a different understanding of what police can or should do. That is governed by the government, not the officers

https://www.facebook.com/416137521780595/posts/3836632879731025/?d=n

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 23:34 - Mar 30 with 960 viewsRyorry

The police did nothing wrong say the police on 17:35 - Mar 30 by bluelagos

I often use the phrase "institutionally corrupt". Reason being, the police as a whole will do whatever is needed to protect their reputation over and above, doing the right thing.

They are institutionally incapable of recognising their mistakes (when they happen) and their default position is always to protect and cover up rather than to reflect and learn.

Seems this is yet another example of the institutional corruption that permeates British policing. They had a choice, to reflect on the decisions made, instead they chose to defend their decision making.

And the worst thing of all, I and many others won't be in the least bit surprised by this report. Same old.

I had a police officer & his wpc partner as tenants a while ago. They broke his tenancy agreement in 3 ways in 4 months, including both of them regularly smoking inside the house. This was indisputable, as the smoke drifted through various pipes into my half of the building, and I also regularly saw them smoking through the windows. They stubbed cigs out into my plant pots outside & left them there & on the doormat.

I tackled her about it when I happened to see her once - she flatly denied it, & when I pointed out the evidence she said to me "well R, who do you think people are going to believe - you, or the word of two serving police officers?"

I used to trust North Yorks police, certainly didn't after that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024