Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, stop me if i'm wrong 19:39 - Apr 13 with 1711 viewsCheltenham_Blue

but, I make this three seasons on the trot now that pretty much this squad of players have effectively downed tools, before the season was up?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 19:43 - Apr 13 with 1637 viewsRegencyBlue

There won’t be a fourth hopefully!
So, stop me if i'm wrong on 19:46 - Apr 13 with 1598 viewsbluejacko

They can’t say Cook hasn’t given any of them a chance can they.
Absolute bunch of tossers
So, stop me if i'm wrong on 19:58 - Apr 13 with 1478 viewsParky

This is part of the reason Chambers has to go. Played a massive part of instilling this loser mentality and downing tools whenever we get to the important part of the season.
So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:10 - Apr 13 with 1399 viewsBlueBadger

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 19:58 - Apr 13 by Parky

This is part of the reason Chambers has to go. Played a massive part of instilling this loser mentality and downing tools whenever we get to the important part of the season.

You must have a very high opinion of Chambers if you think that not only has he been playing and captaining the side but he's been responsible for coaching, tactics, motivation, transfer policy, team selection and overall club policy all this time.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 20:13]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:19 - Apr 13 with 1346 viewsblueprint

Yeah it’s all Chambers fault.

He’s the only one who deserves some respect.
So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:21 - Apr 13 with 1329 viewsParky

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:10 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

You must have a very high opinion of Chambers if you think that not only has he been playing and captaining the side but he's been responsible for coaching, tactics, motivation, transfer policy, team selection and overall club policy all this time.

You repeat this every single time somebody criticises Chambers. “Played a massive part” not once did I say he’s in charge and/or responsible for all of the ridiculous things you’ve listed.

He’s been our captain, our ‘leader’ throughout our entire demise, he’s part of the worst Ipswich side ever. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke, but he’s been a massive part of our demise whether you like it or not.
So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:22 - Apr 13 with 1306 viewspointofblue

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:10 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

To be fair I would argue a key aspect of the captain’s role is to provide motivation.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:23 - Apr 13 with 1306 viewsParky

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:19 - Apr 13 by blueprint

Yeah it’s all Chambers fault.

He’s the only one who deserves some respect.

Where did I say that? I said he’s played a ‘massive part’ which he has. He’s been our club captain through our entire demise and is part of the worst Ipswich team ever.

He gets my respect for his long service and commitment, but that doesn’t warrant him a free pass.
Login to get fewer ads

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:23 - Apr 13 with 1296 viewsBlueBadger

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:21 - Apr 13 by Parky

You repeat this every single time somebody criticises Chambers. “Played a massive part” not once did I say he’s in charge and/or responsible for all of the ridiculous things you’ve listed.

He’s been our captain, our ‘leader’ throughout our entire demise, he’s part of the worst Ipswich side ever. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke, but he’s been a massive part of our demise whether you like it or not.

'He’s been our captain, our ‘leader’ throughout our entire demise'

You basically, just did. Right there.

At some point, you're going to have to let the fact that Mick liked him go.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:25 - Apr 13 with 1259 viewsBlueBadger

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:22 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

To be fair I would argue a key aspect of the captain’s role is to provide motivation.

But if the manager isn't also providing that, he's basically pissing in the wind.

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:25 - Apr 13 with 1258 viewsParky

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:22 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

This. Everybody talks about a poor losing mentality at the club, even McGoldrick and Bialkowski mentioned it when they left, whilst obviously Chambers isn’t solely responsible; a club captain has to take some of the responsibility in my opinion.
So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:26 - Apr 13 with 1237 viewsMullet

How has he done that exactly?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:27 - Apr 13 with 1200 viewsBlueBadger

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:26 - Apr 13 by Mullet

Basically, well, it's because Mick liked him.

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:28 - Apr 13 with 1182 viewsParky

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:23 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

'He’s been our captain, our ‘leader’ throughout our entire demise'

You basically, just did. Right there.

At some point, you're going to have to let the fact that Mick liked him go.

I couldn’t care that Mick liked him, what a strange flex.

Completely ignore every single valid point I have made, each to their own.
So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:29 - Apr 13 with 1160 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They have failed to perform consistently from the day MM left.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:29 - Apr 13 with 1135 viewsParky

Feel free to read above.
So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:32 - Apr 13 with 1106 viewsWallingford_Boy

He did put his fingers in his ears when he scored, that was good fun.

RIP Sir Bobby

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:37 - Apr 13 with 1059 viewsBlueBadger

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:28 - Apr 13 by Parky

I couldn’t care that Mick liked him, what a strange flex.

Completely ignore every single valid point I have made, each to their own.

You haven't made any valid points, you just let your inner Numbskull run riot.

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:40 - Apr 13 with 1010 viewsParky

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:37 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

You haven't made any valid points, you just let your inner Numbskull run riot.

Evidence to me how my initial statement is in anyway shape or form incorrect. “Luke Chambers has played a massive part in our clubs demise and is part of the our worst ever side”.

You’ve previously openly admitted you never used to go, or watch us, so I’ll take your opinion with a pinch of salt.
So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:43 - Apr 13 with 987 viewsMullet

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:29 - Apr 13 by Parky

Feel free to read above.

You went in with "massive part" to "some responsibility". That's not even consistent let alone remotely exact though.

So what has he done above all else, and all others senior to him with decision making remits that makes that add up exactly?

How do you explain his and the teams performances at the start of the season if this is 3 year issue? Let alone a 3 manager issue etc?

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:53 - Apr 13 with 920 viewsParky

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:43 - Apr 13 by Mullet

You went in with "massive part" to "some responsibility". That's not even consistent let alone remotely exact though.

So what has he done above all else, and all others senior to him with decision making remits that makes that add up exactly?

How do you explain his and the teams performances at the start of the season if this is 3 year issue? Let alone a 3 manager issue etc?

If you don’t think a club captain plays a “massive part” in the teams morale and mentality, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

As mentioned before Mcgoldrick and Bialkowski touched on this poor mentality along the lines of “there is no pressure to win and achieve” which has been absolutely spot on, every failure has just been forgiven and accepted, until this takeover and the inevitable huge clear out incoming.
So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:58 - Apr 13 with 881 viewsMullet

So, stop me if i'm wrong on 20:53 - Apr 13 by Parky

If you don’t think a club captain plays a “massive part” in the teams morale and mentality, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

As mentioned before Mcgoldrick and Bialkowski touched on this poor mentality along the lines of “there is no pressure to win and achieve” which has been absolutely spot on, every failure has just been forgiven and accepted, until this takeover and the inevitable huge clear out incoming.

But how does this repeated anecdote from McG and BB land at Chambers' feet and not the managers, owner, the fans etc?

You're just throwing two vague ideas together and being dismissive when asked for more than the dots here.

What has Chambers (not) done specifically which so clear and obviously down to him? Your anecdote can easily be countered by Lankester's Dad repeatedly praising him on twitter etc not just for Jack's progress but in everything he does.

Are we to assume then that your point is just cancelled out or is it actually more substantive than "read above" and repeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024