Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... 08:14 - Jun 27 with 2942 viewsKieran_Knows

... according to The S*n on Sunday. Will take £1m to get him.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 8:16]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 08:33 - Jun 27 with 2772 viewsMeltonBlue

Would be very happy with either him or Kirk.. am sure we would face a lot of competition for both of these though..
Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 08:47 - Jun 27 with 2674 viewsMrTown

£1m is a steep asking price. Can’t see anyone not just us paying that price. Think only has 1 year to run on deal as well.

Would like a double deal for Kirk and Dale though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 08:55 - Jun 27 with 2613 viewsbluestandard

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 08:47 - Jun 27 by MrTown

£1m is a steep asking price. Can’t see anyone not just us paying that price. Think only has 1 year to run on deal as well.

Nixon saying the same thing on Twitter ie too expensive for us.
Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:00 - Jun 27 with 2576 viewsStewart27

Would love this.

For all of our great transfer business so far, we’ve only bought in one loanee who will improve our front 4. Maybe Burns if played wide right.

Not panicking but will be nice when we get some attacking/creative players over the line.
Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:06 - Jun 27 with 2522 viewsITFC_Jenx

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 08:47 - Jun 27 by MrTown

£1m for someone in L1 with less than a year to run on contract is crazy. Double deal for Dale and Kirk and see if Crewe fancy any of U23 squad.
Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:19 - Jun 27 with 2417 viewsbluejacko

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 08:55 - Jun 27 by bluestandard

Have Pompey and Wycombe got that money because they are the other Lg1 clubs sniffing about?
Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:23 - Jun 27 with 2390 viewsKieran_Knows

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 08:55 - Jun 27 by bluestandard

I suppose the fact that we’re about to spend £350k on Siegrist, plus our interest in Crooks (could’ve sworn I read that’ll take a fee in the high 6 figures), means we then probably wouldn’t be able to afford Dale at a 7 figure sum due to the turnover thing?

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:24 - Jun 27 with 2378 viewsStokieBlue

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:23 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

I suppose the fact that we’re about to spend £350k on Siegrist, plus our interest in Crooks (could’ve sworn I read that’ll take a fee in the high 6 figures), means we then probably wouldn’t be able to afford Dale at a 7 figure sum due to the turnover thing?

Transfer fees aren't subject to financial fair play I believe.

We could pay 10m if we wanted, it's the wages that are subject to the rules.

I actually don't think 1m for a 22 year old forward is that bad, Dozzell just went for 1m after all so it's not unheard of for a L1 player.

Still seems unlikely though.

SB
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 9:25]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:35 - Jun 27 with 2294 viewsKieran_Knows

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:24 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

I actually don't think 1m for a 22 year old forward is that bad, Dozzell just went for 1m after all so it's not unheard of for a L1 player.

SB

Ahhh I see. I keep getting lost as to what we can and can’t do with this whole turnover thing! But you’ve made that fairly simple, cheers SB!

Interesting then, I suppose if we got rid of a few more players, that would help our cause?

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:37 - Jun 27 with 2264 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:24 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

SB

Which league was Jackson in when we bought him for £1m+?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:48 - Jun 27 with 2194 viewsPendejo

When I first saw the headline on TWTD I thought there was a player called "Crewe Wideman"
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 9:49]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 10:03 - Jun 27 with 2092 viewsbluejacko

Can anyone remember when we all said no one was worth a £1m (Trevor Francis)😂
[Redacted] on 11:02 - Jun 27 with 1866 viewsvictorywilhappen

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:48 - Jun 27 by Pendejo

When I first saw the headline on TWTD I thought there was a player called "Crewe Wideman"
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 9:49]

[Redacted]
Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:02 - Jun 27 with 1866 viewsbluestandard

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:19 - Jun 27 by bluejacko

Have Pompey and Wycombe got that money because they are the other Lg1 clubs sniffing about?

I think it said Wycombe are out, but Portsmouth might be keen….
Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:16 - Jun 27 with 1777 viewswkj

Would be an interesting addition. I don't personally see how we're getting in championship quality, we've some good players from L1 and who knows what Harper with bring... But I still feel we need that player that will bring us up a peg and make us firm title chasers.

We've got a good chance at the playoffs as it sits, and maybe a chance at the top 2 - but I dont see us walking the league by any stretch of the imagination.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:26 - Jun 27 with 1717 viewsjayessess

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 09:35 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

Ahhh I see. I keep getting lost as to what we can and can’t do with this whole turnover thing! But you’ve made that fairly simple, cheers SB!

Interesting then, I suppose if we got rid of a few more players, that would help our cause?

It is a bit weird that player sales add to your turnover, but player purchases don't. I suppose the rationale is that a purchase translates into asset value, whilst a sale is you realising that asset.

Think it's interesting that we appear to be more interested in buying in contract players for fees than we are out of contract players. I wonder if that's part of our plans to accommodate SCMP? Pay a fee and you're often the only club in the room when it comes to negotiating the salary. Get someone on a free and they'll be 3 other clubs trying to outbid you.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:26 - Jun 27 with 1714 viewsGiroJim

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:16 - Jun 27 by wkj

Would be an interesting addition. I don't personally see how we're getting in championship quality, we've some good players from L1 and who knows what Harper with bring... But I still feel we need that player that will bring us up a peg and make us firm title chasers.

We've got a good chance at the playoffs as it sits, and maybe a chance at the top 2 - but I dont see us walking the league by any stretch of the imagination.

I cant see us in the top 2 with the squad as it stands. Cook bemoaned the fact we didnt score enough last season. He still hasnt really addressed this. Norwood wont stay fit, he just doesnt. And Bonne isnt really a guy who can play 1 up on his own. I find him a strange signing from the Cookiemonster, he just doesnt fit the 1 up top game Cook likes to play. We still need more attack minded midfielders and a striker who can hold the ball up.
We also need a big brute of a centre half, Wolf and Toto arnt the answer on their own. We need a left back and some attack minded midfielders. We also need 1 maybe 2 goalkeepers, We are far from ready for the season as it stands.
Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:29 - Jun 27 with 1696 viewswkj

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:26 - Jun 27 by GiroJim

I cant see us in the top 2 with the squad as it stands. Cook bemoaned the fact we didnt score enough last season. He still hasnt really addressed this. Norwood wont stay fit, he just doesnt. And Bonne isnt really a guy who can play 1 up on his own. I find him a strange signing from the Cookiemonster, he just doesnt fit the 1 up top game Cook likes to play. We still need more attack minded midfielders and a striker who can hold the ball up.
We also need a big brute of a centre half, Wolf and Toto arnt the answer on their own. We need a left back and some attack minded midfielders. We also need 1 maybe 2 goalkeepers, We are far from ready for the season as it stands.

Unless cook is planning on adjusting the shape of the squad and playing two up top, I don't get it either. He's obviously got a plan in mind, but it isnt obvious what that plan is yet.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:35 - Jun 27 with 1667 viewsGiroJim

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:29 - Jun 27 by wkj

Unless cook is planning on adjusting the shape of the squad and playing two up top, I don't get it either. He's obviously got a plan in mind, but it isnt obvious what that plan is yet.

Very few seem to realise Bonne doesnt fit the narrative. The guy likes to play in a 2 up. Cant see where he has ever played 1 up on his own in his career. Dont get what Cook is on with this one. I still think we are woefully short of goals in the team as it stands. And woefully short in defence as well.
Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:37 - Jun 27 with 1662 viewsjayessess

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:26 - Jun 27 by GiroJim

I do think people get a bit hung up on "who can play 1 up on his own". If you're playing good football, getting players in the box, getting midfielders and wingers close to the striker, you don't necessarily need a great target man as your striker.

At present I think we're shaping up... alright. The club gave a lot of chat about the level of player we'd be getting in and thus far we're putting together a group of players who managed well in an effective unit could be part of a team that challenges. We certainly aren't in "stand-out favourites" territory yet. I think Siegrist and Crooks, for example, would move us in that direction though!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:39 - Jun 27 with 1650 viewsGiroJim

Town still keen on Owen Dale - Crewe striker... on 11:37 - Jun 27 by jayessess

I do think people get a bit hung up on "who can play 1 up on his own". If you're playing good football, getting players in the box, getting midfielders and wingers close to the striker, you don't necessarily need a great target man as your striker.

At present I think we're shaping up... alright. The club gave a lot of chat about the level of player we'd be getting in and thus far we're putting together a group of players who managed well in an effective unit could be part of a team that challenges. We certainly aren't in "stand-out favourites" territory yet. I think Siegrist and Crooks, for example, would move us in that direction though!

Still dont see where the goals are in this squad, or the defence come to that. A lot of holding midfielders, not a lot of creativity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024