Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil 01:02 - Jul 5 with 4323 viewswkj

Can you shed a little more light on why the Celina story seems credible?

Don't get me wrong, this is not critique - but more curiosity as the story gives very little way as to how the story has legs.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 5:24]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 01:14 - Jul 5 with 4277 viewsmarcus1642

I don't necessarily believe everything I read, and I find this story far fetched. Maybe a loan at best? Even then I doubt it.
A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 01:17 - Jul 5 with 4268 viewswkj

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 01:14 - Jul 5 by marcus1642

I don't necessarily believe everything I read, and I find this story far fetched. Maybe a loan at best? Even then I doubt it.

It is one of the harder stories to treat without a skeptical stance - though there is plenty to suggest that there are problems at his current team that might mean he and others are on the move - just unsure where the tie to Ipswich comes in.

Crybaby

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 04:34 - Jul 5 with 4111 viewsRyorry

"A journo never reveals their sources" - but basically, you've asked Phil to.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 05:21 - Jul 5 with 4072 viewswkj

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 04:34 - Jul 5 by Ryorry

"A journo never reveals their sources" - but basically, you've asked Phil to.

Not really - Phil has a way of explaining things sometimes that lines up his own hunches with the story itself.

If it was a case of me asking him to do that the post would read

"ere... Phil - Who told you that then"

Clearly, it does not say that.

Crybaby

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 06:46 - Jul 5 with 3853 viewsFixed_It

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 01:17 - Jul 5 by wkj

It is one of the harder stories to treat without a skeptical stance - though there is plenty to suggest that there are problems at his current team that might mean he and others are on the move - just unsure where the tie to Ipswich comes in.

Ashton is a serious player in transfer dealings. We're just not used to it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

[Redacted] on 07:03 - Jul 5 with 3772 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 07:33 - Jul 5 with 3607 viewsOldboy

Think Phil is still hungover from Saturday. He will get back to you once he has had 3 coffees and a pack of hob nobs. Patience my friend, I think this one might actually be happening.
A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 07:40 - Jul 5 with 3529 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 08:00 - Jul 5 with 3397 viewsStokieBlue

Whilst it would seem quite an unlikely transfer, both Phil and SomethingBlue think there is something in it so the signs in the Journo-world must be fairly strong.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 09:22 - Jul 5 with 3003 viewsBondiBlue

EADT have it as a 'transfer rumour' which i think is their code for 'we read it on TWTD but we know nothing about this'.

Poll: Which would you accept?

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 10:39 - Jul 5 with 2710 viewsbracknell_blue

Remember that Phil's track record is pretty good when reporting stories like this.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 10:43 - Jul 5 with 2664 viewsSaigonTractor

I think Phil has gotten enough stories spot on over the years for us to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.
A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 10:45 - Jul 5 with 2647 viewsrayman_10

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 09:22 - Jul 5 by BondiBlue

EADT have it as a 'transfer rumour' which i think is their code for 'we read it on TWTD but we know nothing about this'.

They’ve also said ‘it’s understood’ which I translate to ‘theres most definitely something In it, but it’s not our story and cannot yet confirm’.

COYB

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 11:03 - Jul 5 with 2475 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure what I can really add, talks ongoing, move is a real possibility.
A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 11:07 - Jul 5 with 2409 viewswkj

I do feel some may have misunderstood my motives on this post - again, it isn't a critique or bringing Phil's reputation into disrepute, but more intrigue around how an unlikely rumour starts to become a tangible lead.

I am a number jockey, not a wordsmith. I find this all very fascinating when we get a link out of the blue.

Crybaby

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 14:02 - Jul 5 with 1716 viewsSamWhiteUK

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 11:03 - Jul 5 by PhilTWTD

Unreal. Everything crossed
A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 14:21 - Jul 5 with 1608 viewsbreedalot

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 11:07 - Jul 5 by wkj

I do feel some may have misunderstood my motives on this post - again, it isn't a critique or bringing Phil's reputation into disrepute, but more intrigue around how an unlikely rumour starts to become a tangible lead.

I am a number jockey, not a wordsmith. I find this all very fascinating when we get a link out of the blue.

there was a really good piece on this on the KOA podcast a few weeks back, I am sorry I can't remember the episode and I know I am promoting a rival pod to BM with TWTD so sorry for that Phil but I found it really informative they also explained how they categorise stories. I presume Phil and TWTD do things in a very similar way.
A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 14:59 - Jul 5 with 1450 viewsstopmoaning

A journo never reveals their sources... but Phil on 11:03 - Jul 5 by PhilTWTD

I think things have gone beyond that.

Just kidding, no idea, just wanted to use the famous phrase.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024