Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis a naughty boy? 15:06 - Jul 18 with 5611 viewsbluelagos

One hell of a half lap....

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:15 - Jul 18 with 2858 viewsWD19

Am watching the cricket live in BBC1* but flicked over and caught the replays.

Racing incident I think. Could have just as easily been Hamilton with a wrecked car.

*Have rigged up a TV I can see from my garden deckchair with a bucket of water for my feet….
Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:18 - Jul 18 with 2830 viewsOldsmoker

It was shaping up to be a good one.
Lewis front left against Max rear right says Lewis wasn't level.
I expect some sort of penalty for Lewis.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:18 - Jul 18 with 2827 viewsMerseyBlue

Very exciting start. I only saw a couple of replays before I've popped outside whilst they get things sorted for the restart. Verstappen was quite ragged for the first part of the lap, looked a bit too aggressive on a couple of corners but then Lewis returned the favour. Will be interesting to see what punishment he gets. Horner sounds pretty peeved.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:20 - Jul 18 with 2814 viewsbluelagos

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:15 - Jul 18 by WD19

Am watching the cricket live in BBC1* but flicked over and caught the replays.

Racing incident I think. Could have just as easily been Hamilton with a wrecked car.

*Have rigged up a TV I can see from my garden deckchair with a bucket of water for my feet….

Commenators are unanimous in blaming Hamilton. Stewards looking at it.

If they agree, a stop penatly seems woefully inadequate given MV is out of the race.

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:20 - Jul 18 with 2817 viewsStokieBlue

The BBC commentators totally disagree with Channel 4 though, Hamilton was ahead of him 2 corners before, Max gave him no room which has to so Hamilton backed out then this time he was alongside and Max is supposed to leave a gap and Max turned into him.

Racing incident for the BBC - Horner a bit out of order with his comments given the way Max has historically driven and how he always excused his behaviour.

Will be interesting to see what happens given ex-drivers seem to not agree on this one.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 15:22]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:23 - Jul 18 with 2787 viewsMerseyBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:20 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

The BBC commentators totally disagree with Channel 4 though, Hamilton was ahead of him 2 corners before, Max gave him no room which has to so Hamilton backed out then this time he was alongside and Max is supposed to leave a gap and Max turned into him.

Racing incident for the BBC - Horner a bit out of order with his comments given the way Max has historically driven and how he always excused his behaviour.

Will be interesting to see what happens given ex-drivers seem to not agree on this one.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 15:22]

I'd probably agree with that. I think C4 have made much more of it than it really was, purely because of the drivers involved. It doesn't help that Horner seems to be mates with all the broadcasters - would be nice to have a weekend without hearing from him.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:23 - Jul 18 with 2778 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:23 - Jul 18 by MerseyBlue

I'd probably agree with that. I think C4 have made much more of it than it really was, purely because of the drivers involved. It doesn't help that Horner seems to be mates with all the broadcasters - would be nice to have a weekend without hearing from him.

BBC saying that Max was risking everything there and Horner knows it, deflection tactics from Horner.

I guess we will find out soon. BBC saying they can't predict the stewards given the penalty for Russell in the sprint race.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 15:25]

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:26 - Jul 18 with 2757 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:23 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

BBC saying that Max was risking everything there and Horner knows it, deflection tactics from Horner.

I guess we will find out soon. BBC saying they can't predict the stewards given the penalty for Russell in the sprint race.

SB

Horner now calling the stewards and whinging and trying to get Hamilton thrown out of the race I think.

Not a huge fan to be honest.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:26 - Jul 18 with 2754 viewsbluelagos

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:23 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

SB

Nah, LH drifted out too.

Cant see him not getting a penalty. TeamC4 :-)

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:27 - Jul 18 with 2755 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:18 - Jul 18 by Oldsmoker

It was shaping up to be a good one.
Lewis front left against Max rear right says Lewis wasn't level.
I expect some sort of penalty for Lewis.

Not sure it’s that straightforward personally - Lewis was absolutely level at the entry point and Verstappen has swept across to the apex. At that point he’s ahead as he can carry more speed through the corner from the outside but can’t expect Lewis to just disappear, he should have left room. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other for me, or in other words a racing incident

Think you’re right though, Hamilton will get penalised

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:28 - Jul 18 with 2735 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:26 - Jul 18 by bluelagos

Nah, LH drifted out too.

Cant see him not getting a penalty. TeamC4 :-)

Disagree, Hamilton was there and Max launched into the corner, Hamilton didn't drift out anywhere.

Max drives like that all the time, it's out of order for Horner to be on the radio to the stewards - people could have done that about Max so many times historically. He just doesn't want Hamilton to get any points in the race.

BBC saying can't predict the stewards. Merc on the radio saying he was alongside. We will see.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 15:29]

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:29 - Jul 18 with 2713 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:26 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

Horner now calling the stewards and whinging and trying to get Hamilton thrown out of the race I think.

SB

Of course he is, it’s his job to get the best result possible - which in this case is now Hamilton getting as few points as possible. I make him wrong but certainly don’t blame him for pushing the case

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:30 - Jul 18 with 2688 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:29 - Jul 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Of course he is, it’s his job to get the best result possible - which in this case is now Hamilton getting as few points as possible. I make him wrong but certainly don’t blame him for pushing the case

Sure, the issue I have is he was happy for Max to drive pretty aggressively numerous times.

I don't think Hamilton should be getting a penalty here but he very well might.

Earlier in the lap Hamilton gave him space, Max refused to return the act.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 15:31]

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:31 - Jul 18 with 2685 viewsbluelagos

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:28 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

Disagree, Hamilton was there and Max launched into the corner, Hamilton didn't drift out anywhere.

Max drives like that all the time, it's out of order for Horner to be on the radio to the stewards - people could have done that about Max so many times historically. He just doesn't want Hamilton to get any points in the race.

BBC saying can't predict the stewards. Merc on the radio saying he was alongside. We will see.

SB

Did you see C4 slowed it down? LH well off the racing line according to both Coultard and Webber.

Either way, most interesting race in years :-)

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:32 - Jul 18 with 2658 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:31 - Jul 18 by bluelagos

Did you see C4 slowed it down? LH well off the racing line according to both Coultard and Webber.

How can you overtake on the racing line?

Virtually no overtake is done on the racing line as the other car is on the racing line. It's not much of an argument in my opinion but we will see.

SB

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:33 - Jul 18 with 2626 viewsJ4ck22

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:28 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

SB

Can't really agree with that, Lewis is sticking it in the inside of a flat out corner that he didn't have the line for, especially as he wasn't even going for the apex. I'm not sure what he expected to happen as going two wide through that corner isn't a very good decision
Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:35 - Jul 18 with 2596 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:31 - Jul 18 by bluelagos

He’s off the racing line as he’s overtaking down the inside

Don’t agree with your last statement either, but certainly the most interesting start for a while!

EDIT; actually, Grosjean in Bahrain was fairly memorable too, for different reasons
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 15:36]

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:36 - Jul 18 with 2592 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:33 - Jul 18 by J4ck22

Can't really agree with that, Lewis is sticking it in the inside of a flat out corner that he didn't have the line for, especially as he wasn't even going for the apex. I'm not sure what he expected to happen as going two wide through that corner isn't a very good decision

Guess we will see.

Max knew he was there, he also knew what was going to happen when he turned in, Max would have done exactly the same thing if the positions were reversed.

Perhaps it wasn't the best decision but absolutely Max would have done the same.

SB

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:36 - Jul 18 with 2581 viewsbluelagos

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:32 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

How can you overtake on the racing line?

Virtually no overtake is done on the racing line as the other car is on the racing line. It's not much of an argument in my opinion but we will see.

SB

Think I phrased in badly. LH looked to undertake but was still half a car width off the apex at the point when contact was made. They were fighting for a line (LH was inside) but Hamilton wasn't on the apex round that corner.

Defo spices it up for the rest of the season whatever way it goes :-)

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:37 - Jul 18 with 2581 viewsEwan_Oozami

Racing accident - Max didn't have to turn in when he did - Lewis was holding his line round the corner - he didn't drift out as far as I can see - and as there is a quite long relatively straight bit before the left at Maggotts - Max could have stayed out and still got to Maggotts before Lewis...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:41 - Jul 18 with 2541 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:37 - Jul 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Racing accident - Max didn't have to turn in when he did - Lewis was holding his line round the corner - he didn't drift out as far as I can see - and as there is a quite long relatively straight bit before the left at Maggotts - Max could have stayed out and still got to Maggotts before Lewis...

Toto is apocalyptically angry and Horner - might kick off between them later.

SB

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:43 - Jul 18 with 2522 viewsEwan_Oozami

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:41 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

Toto is apocalyptically angry and Horner - might kick off between them later.

SB

On Sky Box Office later! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:49 - Jul 18 with 2484 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:43 - Jul 18 by Ewan_Oozami

On Sky Box Office later! :-)

10 seconds for Hamilton.

Seems harsh but guess it was inevitable. Shows how subjective it is given drivers can't even agree on commentary.

Looks like they felt they had to give him something but if it was as bad as Horner was claiming then it should be more clearly.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 15:51]

Lewis a naughty boy? on 16:35 - Jul 18 with 2307 viewssolomon

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:26 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

SB

That’s unforgivable from Lewis though, the corner was not his and gave max zero chance at one if the fastest corners on the circuit, seeing a very different side to Lewis this year and not a pleasant one. He would have had ample chance to try along the hanger straight. It’s easy to forget how Lewis treated Albon in a very similar manner, no surprise Christian has issues with Lewis which are not without foundation.
Lewis a naughty boy? on 16:47 - Jul 18 with 2254 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 16:35 - Jul 18 by solomon

That’s unforgivable from Lewis though, the corner was not his and gave max zero chance at one if the fastest corners on the circuit, seeing a very different side to Lewis this year and not a pleasant one. He would have had ample chance to try along the hanger straight. It’s easy to forget how Lewis treated Albon in a very similar manner, no surprise Christian has issues with Lewis which are not without foundation.

Yet both the commentators on the BBC thought it was a racing incident including an ex F1 driver.

It's all very subjective it seems. Perhaps my interpretation is wrong but it seems there are many interpretations.

I think of the situation was reversed Max wouldn't have acted any different to Hamilton.

They are both racing on the limit. I don't think Lewis intentionally took him out Schumacher style which would be nasty as you say.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 16:52]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024