Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis a naughty boy? 15:06 - Jul 18 with 5630 viewsbluelagos

One hell of a half lap....

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Lewis a naughty boy? on 21:02 - Jul 18 with 971 viewsBlueSpark

Lewis a naughty boy? on 20:50 - Jul 18 by Ewan_Oozami

If a car on the outside can take that corner flat out, why did Max turn in?

That's bait.
Lewis a naughty boy? on 21:06 - Jul 18 with 960 viewsPhilTWTD

Lewis a naughty boy? on 19:51 - Jul 18 by Ely_Blue

I think what has happened is MV is an aggressive driver, LH has by and large yielded to him in the past and has now got to the point of standing up to the aggressive young bully boy.

MV turned in on LH, not sure that he even deserved a 10 second penalty.

If LH deserves a ban for that incident then how come MV hasn’t had a ban in the past for his aggressive driving?

I'm with you on MV. He must have known LH was there and it was injudicious at best to turn in in the manner he did. But it happened in a fraction of a second while the two were racing so I'm not sure you can say it was anything other than a racing incident. Blaming LH seemed very harsh.
Lewis a naughty boy? on 21:45 - Jul 18 with 889 viewsBasingstokeBlue

John Lewis?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:16 - Jul 19 with 771 viewsStokieBlue

Sigh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57885011

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:19 - Jul 19 with 773 viewsStokieBlue

So some interesting comments coming out from the drivers which disagree totally with Horner and certainly Marko who wants Hamilton banned.

Leclerc:

"It is a racing incident. It is quite difficult to put the blame on one or the other.

"There was space on the inside. Maybe Lewis was not completely at the apex but it is also true Max was quite aggressive on the outside. Things happen. The most important today is Max is unharmed and is fine."

Alonso:

"Lewis had more than half a car alongside Max, so in a way Lewis could not disappear from that inside line. You can't vanish. So it was an unfortunate moment but nothing intentional and nothing that any of the two drivers did wrong."

SB

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:23 - Jul 19 with 756 viewsPhilTWTD

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:19 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

So some interesting comments coming out from the drivers which disagree totally with Horner and certainly Marko who wants Hamilton banned.

Leclerc:

"It is a racing incident. It is quite difficult to put the blame on one or the other.

"There was space on the inside. Maybe Lewis was not completely at the apex but it is also true Max was quite aggressive on the outside. Things happen. The most important today is Max is unharmed and is fine."

Alonso:

"Lewis had more than half a car alongside Max, so in a way Lewis could not disappear from that inside line. You can't vanish. So it was an unfortunate moment but nothing intentional and nothing that any of the two drivers did wrong."

SB

I think they're both good points. As Alonso says, LH was where he was, MV must have known he was there and probably should have yielded, but they were racing so you can understand why what happened happened.
Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:25 - Jul 19 with 748 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:23 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

I think they're both good points. As Alonso says, LH was where he was, MV must have known he was there and probably should have yielded, but they were racing so you can understand why what happened happened.

Indeed, however Helmut Marko was all over the press last night demanding that Hamilton got a driving suspension.

I'm sure that has absolutely nothing to do with Hamilton being within 10 points and on a bit of a charge after that race.

SB

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:27 - Jul 19 with 746 viewshype313

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:23 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Think it was a little bit of inexperience on MV part, he has the quicker car, he didn't need to go full tilt, especially as Lewis got off to a flyer, should have played the long game and at the very least came second.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:28 - Jul 19 with 743 viewsPhilTWTD

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:25 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

Indeed, however Helmut Marko was all over the press last night demanding that Hamilton got a driving suspension.

I'm sure that has absolutely nothing to do with Hamilton being within 10 points and on a bit of a charge after that race.

SB

The Red Bull reaction has seemed over the top, and deliberately trying to antagonise the situation. Think this may not be the last incident along these lines this season.
Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:32 - Jul 19 with 730 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lewis a naughty boy? on 20:40 - Jul 18 by BlueSpark

Spot on. I think most people aren't understanding how important the specific corner is to incident and how the 'racing line' is through it.

It's VERY fast, a car on the outside can pretty much flat out that corner, Hamilton on the inside has no chance to match that speed and make the corner.

Hamilton should have yielded since he was never ahead.

He didn't, because racing happens at insane speeds,100ms or less time to decide whether you can stick it or not. He got lucky in so many ways today; the fact Max is okay and that Hamiltons' car is too.

Don’t really see how that differs from pretty much any other corner tbh. By definition any overtake which is off the racing line is going to mean going slower through the corner, however if you’re alongside the other car has to adapt their line/speed too, there isn’t a divine right to just take the corner as normal. Granted the speeds here are different to say La Source at Spa, but that doesn’t mean the rules change

Having rewatched a few times this morning Hamilton was probably 5/6’s of the way alongside at the point he had to slow and did in effect yield, but Verstappen did nothing to modify his line at all. I stand by my view therefore that both were to blame as Hamilton didn’t quite do enough to make the attempt stick, whilst Verstappen can’t just expect to cut into the apex when their is a car alongside him. A racing incident, in other words

On a related note a peeve with F1 nowadays is the way the stewards seek to penalise someone on every incident. Of course safety and curbing dangerous driving is paramount, but it seems to have gone too far in punishing someone for everything when in reality cars will invariably touch when people are racing hard. Against that backdrop though it wasn’t a surprise to see Hamilton penalised, and probably the only realistic outcome given that it was him attempting the overtake and the respective outcomes
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 15:23]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:35 - Jul 19 with 724 viewslongtimefan

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:25 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

SB

That bloke is a complete nutcase. Last week he was saying LH ruined Alex Albon’s career because he was twice involved in accidents where AA would have got on the podium. The fact that Red Bull sacked him because he didn’t deliver just seemed to have been forgotten. Surely if Red Bull were so convinced it was LHs fault then they would have shown continued confidence in AA and not got rid of him?
Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:36 - Jul 19 with 722 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:27 - Jul 19 by hype313

Think it was a little bit of inexperience on MV part, he has the quicker car, he didn't need to go full tilt, especially as Lewis got off to a flyer, should have played the long game and at the very least came second.

Yep, this. The end result was a disaster for him, whereas even if yielding had led to Hamilton winning, coming second would have only put a small dent in his championship lead

Will be interesting to see how he responds in the next few races, as it’s not hard to envisage him losing the plot. If I was Lewis I’d absolutely be trying my hardest to attack where possible, even if it risks another collision

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:40 - Jul 19 with 710 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:35 - Jul 19 by longtimefan

That bloke is a complete nutcase. Last week he was saying LH ruined Alex Albon’s career because he was twice involved in accidents where AA would have got on the podium. The fact that Red Bull sacked him because he didn’t deliver just seemed to have been forgotten. Surely if Red Bull were so convinced it was LHs fault then they would have shown continued confidence in AA and not got rid of him?

Probably some legs in that, both times Hamilton collided with Albon Lewis was at fault and possibly cost him a win at Austria

Albon ended up being replaced at Red Bull as results weren’t good enough, however confidence is a big factor and getting those big results may have changed things, such are the margins

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:42 - Jul 19 with 704 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:36 - Jul 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yep, this. The end result was a disaster for him, whereas even if yielding had led to Hamilton winning, coming second would have only put a small dent in his championship lead

Will be interesting to see how he responds in the next few races, as it’s not hard to envisage him losing the plot. If I was Lewis I’d absolutely be trying my hardest to attack where possible, even if it risks another collision

Hamilton pretty much said last night he had been giving a lot of room and that Max wasn't returning the act and that he would not be bullied on the race track.

This is far from the end of this. Hamilton seems to have Max in his sights and I expect him to be attacking at every single opportunity trying to unsettle Max into a mistake.

SB

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:48 - Jul 19 with 677 viewsEnigma_Blue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:42 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

Hamilton pretty much said last night he had been giving a lot of room and that Max wasn't returning the act and that he would not be bullied on the race track.

This is far from the end of this. Hamilton seems to have Max in his sights and I expect him to be attacking at every single opportunity trying to unsettle Max into a mistake.

SB

The Verstappen Hamilton rivalry could end up being as fiercely competitive as the Prost Senna rivalry in the 80s and 90s. Fans are in for an exciting time regardless of who they support.
Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:50 - Jul 19 with 667 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:48 - Jul 19 by Enigma_Blue

The Verstappen Hamilton rivalry could end up being as fiercely competitive as the Prost Senna rivalry in the 80s and 90s. Fans are in for an exciting time regardless of who they support.

With the caveat that someone doesn't produce a Brawn GP car next year which is 2 seconds a lap quicker than everyone else.

Although if it's neither Merc or Red Bull the rivalry will still be there.

SB

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:55 - Jul 19 with 643 viewsEnigma_Blue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:50 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

With the caveat that someone doesn't produce a Brawn GP car next year which is 2 seconds a lap quicker than everyone else.

Although if it's neither Merc or Red Bull the rivalry will still be there.

SB

Yes the rivalry should remain unless it is either Merc or redb that produce a car next season that absolutely trounces the other.I

Would love to see Ferrari get back on a par with merc and RB as I think Leclerc could give them both a run for their money.
Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:21 - Jul 19 with 581 viewsKropotkin123

Just seen a replay of it and analysis from Palmer and Albon. Technically it is somewhere between a racing incident and Lewis' fault. But you have to question Max's mentality. Why take the risk of turning in, he knew Lewis was there.

Max threw away a massive points advantage and now have to use up parts, because he can't think longer term than the current moment he is in.

Also found it funny that he and Horner were crying about it so much, when Max has been at fault for many crashes in his time by going for questionable lines. He's also been the one who's been more aggressive in terms of not ceding lines this season, so definitely a case of you reap what you sew.

Lewis clearly missed the apex with understeer, so that's his error. But max didn't have to turn in on him and Horner's accusation that it was deliberate is crazy.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:37 - Jul 19 with 548 viewsEly_Blue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 13:28 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

The Red Bull reaction has seemed over the top, and deliberately trying to antagonise the situation. Think this may not be the last incident along these lines this season.

I’d say the gloves are most definitely off now, about time Lewis started putting that bully boy in his place and playing him at his own game.

You aren’t telling me that if the 2 cars positions were reversed going into that corner that Max wouldn’t have gone for that gap?

Difference is Lewis wouldn’t have left the gap and if so he wouldn’t have turned in on Max

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:40 - Jul 19 with 538 viewsPhilTWTD

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:37 - Jul 19 by Ely_Blue

I’d say the gloves are most definitely off now, about time Lewis started putting that bully boy in his place and playing him at his own game.

You aren’t telling me that if the 2 cars positions were reversed going into that corner that Max wouldn’t have gone for that gap?

Difference is Lewis wouldn’t have left the gap and if so he wouldn’t have turned in on Max

I think that last paragraph is right.
Lewis a naughty boy? on 19:43 - Jul 19 with 414 viewssolomon

Lewis a naughty boy? on 15:40 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

I think that last paragraph is right.

Got to say I firmly disagree with that Phillip.
Lewis a naughty boy? on 19:44 - Jul 19 with 410 viewsStokieBlue

Lewis a naughty boy? on 19:43 - Jul 19 by solomon

Got to say I firmly disagree with that Phillip.

What are your thoughts on the quotes from Alonso and Leclerc?

SB

Lewis a naughty boy? on 20:00 - Jul 19 with 394 viewssolomon

Lewis a naughty boy? on 19:44 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

What are your thoughts on the quotes from Alonso and Leclerc?

SB

I disagree with both of them. We have a serious issue now very similar to the cult like mentality we had in moto gp with Rossi, a belief that you alone have the ultimate right to do as you feel because hey, it’s me, I’m the reason you’re all here.I don’t dislike Lewis but I don’t like this new level of ruthlessness , it will end badly. I know it’s hard for many brits not to see any fault in lewis because he’s a rare thing, a British winner.
Lewis a naughty boy? on 21:14 - Jul 19 with 369 viewschrismakin

Lewis a naughty boy? on 20:00 - Jul 19 by solomon

I disagree with both of them. We have a serious issue now very similar to the cult like mentality we had in moto gp with Rossi, a belief that you alone have the ultimate right to do as you feel because hey, it’s me, I’m the reason you’re all here.I don’t dislike Lewis but I don’t like this new level of ruthlessness , it will end badly. I know it’s hard for many brits not to see any fault in lewis because he’s a rare thing, a British winner.

Sorry not max spent the first 3 years of his time in f1 being a reckless driver.
He has pushed Hamilton off the track on no less than 4 occasions from starts this season alone. And had he not been his normal aggressive self the accident wouldnt have happened yesturday.

Its about time lewis woke up this season and show hes not just waiting for the 2022 season to happen. He did that yesturday and showed what competitive but fair racing is. Stewards imo only gave a pen to keep redbull happy.

What is even more embarrassing for the sport is max's tweet and Horner post race reactions.
Horner for saying Hamilton sent max to hospital. Well he didnt. He had an accident and as per all high speed incidents you go to hospital for a check up.

For max to then publically moan about it post race and continued to fuel that hate which led to more racial abuse. Redbull then come out today to say they stand up to racism etc without actually retracting their statements which fuelled the anger.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lewis a naughty boy? on 21:36 - Jul 19 with 350 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lewis a naughty boy? on 20:00 - Jul 19 by solomon

That makes no sense though, it’s fine if you disagree with them but neither of those drivers are Brits and if Lewis really was acting like he owned the sport then other drivers would be the first to call it out. As it is only Verstappen/Red Bull have called him out to that extent which is understandable given the outcome, but obviously a somewhat biased viewpoint

Alternatively he had every right to attempt the pass given the slipstream he had, and both drivers racing hard they touched. Clearly there is some disagreement as to why and who was in the wrong, so again fine if you want to conclude Hamilton was more at fault. Arguably though the fact that there is so much disagreement supports that it was just a racing accident

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024