Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporting a team not knowing most of the players 13:34 - Jul 29 with 1003 viewsreusersfreekicks

Feels weird. Not been in this situation before and is more tricky to identify with whole new team.
Note this is not a protest at the changes or anything just an observation
Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 13:36 - Jul 29 with 983 viewsabracaDOBRA_

They'll be Ipswich heroes soon enough, we'll all know who they are
Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 13:44 - Jul 29 with 944 viewsBasuco

Program sales will go up for a few games as we have to look up who is who for the first few games.
Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 13:50 - Jul 29 with 917 viewspositivity

you could always switch to col u for a few weeks until you get to know them!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 13:55 - Jul 29 with 890 viewsitfcjoe

I was just chatting with my Dad bout this, I have a ST with him but he doesn't follow it at all bar tidbits maybe if Anglia News or Look East is on but he was just commenting how he isn't going to know any players when he goes back!

Guess KVY and Woolfie/Nsiala will be the only existing players who start, potential for Dobra but he's someone he has probably seen 4 or 5 times before (and sadly that's probably true for KVY)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 13:57 - Jul 29 with 869 viewsMattinLondon

Considering how many players the club has brought in or loaned in etc during the Evans era I’m more looking forward to some stability (hopefully). Im hoping that the majority of players PC has targeted become regularly names on the first team sheet.
Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 13:58 - Jul 29 with 859 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thing is, how much do we really know the players anyway? We are just familiar with them as players and we will soon become familiar with the new ones. I find it exciting because the new signings are coming with a lot of promise and the little I have seen of Pigott and Burns looks very good.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 14:01 - Jul 29 with 840 viewsthebooks

Yes, my son and I have been discussing this. One good thing about the Lambert era was that youth players were brought through, which does make the team seem less like a band of mercenaries.

Again, not a criticism of the current regime as a lot of the youths weren’t adding much to the team, and we might end up liking the current lot.

Would’ve have liked Downes to have worked out here.
Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 14:18 - Jul 29 with 741 viewsBlueNomad

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 14:01 - Jul 29 by thebooks

Yes, my son and I have been discussing this. One good thing about the Lambert era was that youth players were brought through, which does make the team seem less like a band of mercenaries.

Again, not a criticism of the current regime as a lot of the youths weren’t adding much to the team, and we might end up liking the current lot.

Would’ve have liked Downes to have worked out here.

Downes could have but, it appears, he doesn’t want it to.
Login to get fewer ads

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 14:30 - Jul 29 with 695 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes, same here.

I’m excited about the new season but the future is all a bit of a grey mist when there’s nothing yet to feel about the current team.

I’m also not going to be throwing my toys out of the pram if they start slowly. I just want to see how individuals handle game situations and get a sense of the team as a unit.

Pronouns: He/Him

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 14:44 - Jul 29 with 614 viewsFixed_It

It's going to be tough - especially as my eyesight isn't what it used to be!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 15:46 - Jul 29 with 498 viewsAsa

I found this Saturday.

It was very odd.

Burns is the most recognisable instantly from any other player, but even he looked very similar from a distance to the Emyr Huws of last season with longer hair.

Piggott has blonde hair and then you have a plethora of players that look pretty similar to several team mates from a distance until you get used to seeing them.

Add in the fact that we threw on a load of youths whose names we'd heard but potentially never seen in action and it was chaos by the end.

All we really wanted to know was eventually answered - Matt Ward.
Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 16:11 - Jul 29 with 453 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 15:46 - Jul 29 by Asa

I found this Saturday.

It was very odd.

Burns is the most recognisable instantly from any other player, but even he looked very similar from a distance to the Emyr Huws of last season with longer hair.

Piggott has blonde hair and then you have a plethora of players that look pretty similar to several team mates from a distance until you get used to seeing them.

Add in the fact that we threw on a load of youths whose names we'd heard but potentially never seen in action and it was chaos by the end.

All we really wanted to know was eventually answered - Matt Ward.

Similar to Huws of last season? No, I think Burns will be on the pitch quite a bit.

I think the OP will be about feeling an allegiance rather more than recognising who is who. Squad numbers will help with that (they must be announced soon surely?).

Hladky will be obvious.
KVY, Woolf, Nsiala we already know.
Edmundson will be pretty recognisable I reckon.
Penney or Coulson will be the one on the left at the back mostly.

Pigott, as you say, is very recognisable and stood out from his touch and involvement on Tuesday.

Dobra we already know.

We will soon get used to Burns, Fraser and Bonne from their involvement in matches I am sure. Probably Evans too. Harper is fairly recognisable from his stature and skin tone.

As you say, making a lot of changes during the match doesn't help.

I don't get the comment about Matt Ward. Sounds like he has done well in a couple of appearances for the U23s though.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 16:20]

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 16:14 - Jul 29 with 436 viewsAsa

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 16:11 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Similar to Huws of last season? No, I think Burns will be on the pitch quite a bit.

I think the OP will be about feeling an allegiance rather more than recognising who is who. Squad numbers will help with that (they must be announced soon surely?).

Hladky will be obvious.
KVY, Woolf, Nsiala we already know.
Edmundson will be pretty recognisable I reckon.
Penney or Coulson will be the one on the left at the back mostly.

Pigott, as you say, is very recognisable and stood out from his touch and involvement on Tuesday.

Dobra we already know.

We will soon get used to Burns, Fraser and Bonne from their involvement in matches I am sure. Probably Evans too. Harper is fairly recognisable from his stature and skin tone.

As you say, making a lot of changes during the match doesn't help.

I don't get the comment about Matt Ward. Sounds like he has done well in a couple of appearances for the U23s though.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 16:20]

Ward came on as one of the subs for a 10 minute cameo and on about two or three occasions skipped past several Premier League players in the same dribble, often being fouled.

Literally everyone around me was asking who the hell number 21 was!
Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 16:15 - Jul 29 with 424 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Supporting a team not knowing most of the players on 16:14 - Jul 29 by Asa

Ward came on as one of the subs for a 10 minute cameo and on about two or three occasions skipped past several Premier League players in the same dribble, often being fouled.

Literally everyone around me was asking who the hell number 21 was!

Which match are you referring to? EDIT: Ah, Premier League, you mean the Palace one?

Second Edit: I hadn't seen that. However, Palace had already changed their whole team by then. Does sound like the lad has had a good couple of weeks though.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 16:18]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024